Cheating Software to PC?

Virtual_Balboa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Virtual_Balboa

A few months ago on the podcast Jeff was talking about a piece of software he bought. It was like a Game Genie or Action Replay for PC games. I can't remember what the name of the software was or the episode it was mentioned. Any guesses?

It's paid software, if that helps.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By BeachThunder

I don't know the specific software, but you can use Cheat Engine, which is free.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Winternet

what you do how?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By zeforgotten
@BeachThunder said:

I don't know the specific software, but you can use Cheat Engine, which is free.

When it comes to "cheating" that's all I've heard Jeff mention in a previous Bombcast. 
I remember him talking about CheatEngine but I can't recall him talking about buying a cheating software.  

Why would anyone buy that type of software anyway? 
Do people like that also go out and by Anti Malware programs because the free version told them to? Heck, the same people probably bought WinRAR
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By Snail

@BeachThunder said:

Yeah, Jeff talked about this on a podcast once.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By fox01313

And I recall Jeff mentioning that it ruins games effectively since you can give yourself everything the game will only be fun for a little while (in this state of having everything) before it will be tough to keep generating interest in playing it through another time.

Virtual_Balboa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Virtual_Balboa

Cool! Thanks for the info. I hade cheat devices on all my old consoles before the idea died out in 2005. I love breaking the games too see what happens.

I picked up the THQ Humble Bundle. I already beat Saints Row on the 360, so I wanted to see what kind of nonsense a cheat creator could generate. XXL cars? Rifles that shoot buildings that shoot people shooting rockets?