Chicago Meetup

• 128 results
TerraDelu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I can't make it on friday, but if you guys organize something like this again, drop me a line. I'd love to be there. If you wanna, hit me up on twitter (@terradelu) or DM me on the site. Have fun y'all!

clarkers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@toowalrus@terradelu I'm really sorry to hear you guys can't make it out, but no worries, because this will be the first, but not the last Giant Bomb Meetup for Chicago. If nothing else, I had thoughts rolling around in my head of making this an annual event, but there's nothing stopping us from getting together more often!

Stay classy Gents.

clarkers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By clarkers

Hey duders, just wanted to give everyone an update. Patrick let me know that while he would like to come this weekend, he will be out of town. He did say that he wanted to put something together for August, so for all you duders that can't make it out this weekend, worry not! We're going to get something planned and make sure it's inclusive as possible, so keep an eye out for more details on that later.

For all you CAH buffs out there, Max Temkin said he would join up with us as well to remember Ryan, which is super awesome of him!

The responses have been very positive from everyone involved, and big thanks to the community for making this possible.

ono_sendai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Put me down as a maybe. I'd love to hang out and reminisce and play some vidya games. I'm not sure if I can get away that night, though.

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Excited for this, I will see you guys Friday.

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By cannonballbam

@clarkers: hey dude,. i'm glad chicago got their meet up together and it is thanks to you. it is definitely cool that they are at the same time on the same day. take a lot of photos and make some vine videos, ill be sure to share our washington DC meet up in the thread.

lets make this an epic night duders.

joshth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

god I wish I was 21. Two more years and I'll be able to join you all :P

Hopefully I can come to august meeting with Patrick.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clarkers: What a great idea and congrats on getting this thing going! I wish I could make it down from Milwaukee, but I'll be in the middle of Wisconsin meeting my freshly born nephew. Aw, well. Hopefully in August.

Everyone in the thread sounds nice and friendly, so Friday should be a blast. Have a great time!

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clarkers said:

Hey duders, just wanted to give everyone an update. Patrick let me know that while he would like to come this weekend, he will be out of town. He did say that he wanted to put something together for August, so for all you duders that can't make it out this weekend, worry not! We're going to get something planned and make sure it's inclusive as possible, so keep an eye out for more details on that later.

For all you CAH buffs out there, Max Temkin said he would join up with us as well to remember Ryan, which is super awesome of him!

The responses have been very positive from everyone involved, and big thanks to the community for making this possible.

Good to know I'll have another opportunity to meet some community members in August.

While I'll be in the city Friday night, I have plans. Not sure how late the plans will go, so maybe I'll check in with somebody to see if things are still happening when I'm free. Does somebody have Twitter I could contact them at that night?

clarkers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking My Twitter handle is @Mike_Alfus, so feel free to follow me, and I'll try to send out steady updates as the night wears on. @joshth, I'm really sorry we didn't figure out a good under 21 venue. It's my goal to make the August event, whatever that ends up being, open for as many bombers as possible. Man, times like this, I hope the NSA isn't tracking my forum posts... ;)

joshth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clarkers said:

@hatking My Twitter handle is @Mike_Alfus, so feel free to follow me, and I'll try to send out steady updates as the night wears on. @joshth, I'm really sorry we didn't figure out a good under 21 venue. It's my goal to make the August event, whatever that ends up being, open for as many bombers as possible. Man, times like this, I hope the NSA isn't tracking my forum posts... ;)

hey man it's no problem, I'm happy a meet-up's happening at all :)

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clarkers: Thanks! I just followed you, I'm @ambivalist. I also marked myself as a maybe on the Facebook event. I'll keep an eye on things Friday, maybe I'll see you there.

mitchell486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By mitchell486

How close is the bar to the airport? I am going to be in town for Wednesday through Friday for work. My flight leaves at 9:05pm 8:05pm and I could use a few beers before heading home.... :)

EDIT: That is actually incorrect. I looked again and my flight leaves at 8:00pm. So I'll have to drink those beers faster! But I can show up a bit early if anyone else can.

markonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clarkers: Wow, just saw this today, and I live around the corner. Glad I'll get a chance to celebrate Ryan's memory with you duders.

clarkers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@markonfire That's great! I was planning on posting here throughout the day just to keep it active on the main page of the forums. I want to make sure as many duders know about this as possible!

Avatar image for gamecommaperiod
gamecommaperiod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On my way now. Super fucking stoked. I'm the asshole in the "Fuck Ryan Davis" shirt.

ono_sendai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I too am on my way! Hope to be there around 6:30. Looking forward to it!!

daggon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whew! Just got home from the meetup. Great time duders, I really hope we do this again!

Thanks again to @clarkers for organizing this, hope to see the pictures soon.

It's way past my bedtime.

ono_sendai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a great time, like @daggon55 said, I hope we do it again soon. It was great to meet all of you guys!

I tried to look most of you up, but I missed a bunch. Look me up on twitter @ono_sendai or let me know if you're on Google+ because there is a big group of duders over there I'd love to introduce you to.

Hope everyone had a great night!

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#120  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

Yeah, huge, huge thanks to @clarkers for setting this up. It was a ton of fun and it was really nice meeting all you of guys! Definitely have to do this again sooner rather than later.

Avatar image for congruentpotato
CongruentPotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey everyone, I had a great time at the meetup. Really cool to meet all of you. I drunkenly mentioned starting a Steam group for all us bombers in the Chicagoland... so I did. Check out steamcommunity.com/groups/giantbombchicago or just search Giant Bomb Chicago through Steam. Hope to see you all in game.

Avatar image for detectivespecial
DetectiveSpecial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clarkers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big thanks to everyone who came out over the weekend! It was great to meet all you duders, and a special thanks to @daggon55 for putting up the cash for our area, @thebostonpops for a Cards Against Humanity surprise and @detectivespecial for his mad photography skills! This was only the first meetup of the Chicago Bombers, and I'll see you gents in August!

Ronnzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you going to keep updating this thread with info for the August meeting?

I was going to come on the 19th but was unable to make it. :( There's no way I'm missing the next outing - hope you guys had fun!

Avatar image for gamecommaperiod
gamecommaperiod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's push this back to the top. When do we want to do this again? As August is here do we want to start looking at September? I'm not free until the back end of the month that doesn't mean it's best for everyone.

Also, is Headquarters still viable for all or is there a need for 18 and under?

markonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By markonfire

I'll second being interested in doing this again. Do we need a grand organizer for September? Hate to leave it all hanging on @clarkers.

markonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

I'd totally be down for doing this again. Towards the end of the month would work best for me, and then I'm going on vacation early October. I'll try to help any way I can. Do we want to do the same thing again, though? I would honestly be okay with that because Headquarters is pretty fucking rad, but something new is always welcome.

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I couldn't make it last time due to forces beyond my control, so I hope there's another meetup sometime soon, I'm sorry I had to miss it.

clarkers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey duders,

Sorry I didn't update at all for August. The month got a bit crazy, and now here we are in September. That being said, I think we should start looking at putting something together for later this month, if people are interested. As with our July get together, even if I can't make it I would be down for helping put something together. I know last time there was a concern for those of us who are under 21, and I'd like to try and find a way to include everyone this time.

So let's start brainstorming! We can do another arcade, since that was a blast, or do something completely different. I'll see what I can come up with and make sure to keep the thread alive.

markonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be down for Emporium, unless people aren't keen on that idea due to the age restrictions.