I'm not asking what game is the best. I'm asking what game would you play first, be it for the first time, or just to revisit some old (bettter?) times?
- Star Wars: Dark Forces - Best Star Wars game to date?
- Chrono Trigger - Confession time, I've never played this...
- Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness - Hey guys, this game has naked butt in it.
- Command & Conquer - It was this game that nearly started it all.
- EarthBound - I have a buddy who can wipe the floor with Ness in Melee.
- Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - Barrage of the Baby!!!!!!!!
- Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest - Does anyone really like Diddy?
- MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat - I think we're all pretty much a sucker for big guns and robots...
- Tales of Phantasia - Yet another series I've never touched, and a bit miffed at myself for doing so.
- Rayman - The start of Limbless Combat.
- Tekken - You eventually fight as a Polar Bear. How awesome can this be?
- Worms - Hours and hours were wasted with this Live port.
- Marathon 2: Durandal - If this wasn't made, we wouldn't have Halo.
- Suikoden - Hey guys, guess what? I haven't played any of this series either...
- Full Throttle - Adventure game? LucasArts? Mid-90s? Yes please.
- Wing Commander IV: The Price of Freedom - 12 Million dollar budget made this the most expensive game until Minesweeper.
- Descent - I remember seeing tons of blood in this. Mentally scarring.
- I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream - I've never heard of this game, but after doing some looking around, it seems pretty cool.
Everytime I do one of these polls (96, 97, 98, 99), I just look back at the roots of our pastime. Where would we be without even one of these games? Take out something as 'trivial' as the Marathon series, and we don't get anything Halo related. Something as bizarrely titled as Yoshi's Island? Baby Mario and co. cease to exist, and we're free from the . . . alright, so that may not be such a horrible thing.
Gotta admit ya'll, there's a lot of games I haven't touched here. My first choice would be Dark Forces. But I played that through like 8 months ago.
Sooooooooooooooo, I think I'm going to have to go with Chrono Trigger, with Full Throttle a close 2nd place. I love me some MechWarrior action, but again, I've played that more recently than the other 2 previously mentioned.
it still gets played often whenever i have friends over. it's always guaranteed to make someone laugh so much that they have to leave the room
@AjayRaz said:worms! i liked the old worms pc games
Word! I put worms too, god what a great party game that was. guaranteed to start a fight everytime.
Earthbound was the first one of those I ever really went for (I played some SMW2, but Baby Mario kept me far away from that game as a kid) so I voted for that; I'd still probably go for it first, too. Never beat EB, but got REALLY far and got extremely stuck.
In the middle of a Chrono Trigger playthrough now. Enjoying it so far. Also, intending to play Dark Forces and Full Throttle someday.
The only games here I feel still hold up are Worms and Full Throttle. You can't really get more longevity than an adventure game, they perfected 'em in the 90's (and promptly forgot everything in the 00's for some reason). The only problem I see with Worms is the tech bit...setting up multiplayer games back then was a real hassle.