Edit: v0.2.4/v0.2.5 probably require you to either clear your playlist, make a search that contains all your videos and go through all page results to cache the data (then refresh) or queue the entire search if it fits. Sorry about that.
So a year after creating a website to filter videos (link to the API forum thread for reference), I found I never really used it much. Either the video options were more limited, I may not have updated my database quick enough, or I was unsure how to include premium content. About a month ago, I considered taking a cue from Enhanced Steam and create a Chrome extension to build functionality directly onto the Giant Bomb website instead.
The Extension (Giant Bomb Plus)
The Chrome extension for the most part blends into the existing layout. It becomes active on any section within videos. You can search by title, people (up to 5), platform and tags. Videos can be added to the playlist (only one currently) and the supported categories are: Quick Looks, Unfinished, Encyclopedia Bombastica, Features, Subscriber, and Endurance Runs. The playlist is capped at 200 videos (but I didn't test it!) and should auto-load the next video as the current one ends. There is also an options page if you need to erase various data.
It can be found in the Chrome Web Store.
- Since there has been talk about the engineers have started working on the site again, maybe the extension becomes outdated soon.
- There are some broken images due to bad links from the API. I'm looking into a way to fix it without entirely searching by hand.
- Zero notifications/feedback from actions.
- Not all videos have been cataloged with my own data quite yet.
- No settings page available at the moment.
- Maybe my server will blow up or it doesn't work at all.
I'd love to hear it!