• 110 results
#1 Posted by Hailinel (24710 posts) -

#2 Posted by Little_Socrates (5677 posts) -

Yes, on the DS, but I never finished it. I wish I'd realized it was short-ish compared to most JRPGs, though. Now I'm a lot more motivated.

#3 Posted by TwoLines (2810 posts) -

Yes, multiple times. Three times on the SNES, two times on the PSX. I freaking love that game.

#4 Posted by Hailinel (24710 posts) -

I thought this poll might be relevant, given all the recent Endurance Run discussion.

I originally played the game back on the SNES. I've still got the cartridge back at my parents' house, but I'm not even sure if the battery still works. The DS version is a pretty fine substitute, though.

#5 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

No.

#6 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

I know of the game but I haven't played it 'cause I'm a PC guy.

#7 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10999 posts) -

Nope! But now I'll never have to!

#8 Posted by Soren (291 posts) -

Yeah, on the PS1, unfortunately. Botched load times aside, I found it pretty underwhelming.

#9 Posted by MormonWarrior (2590 posts) -

Picked it up for $50 on the SNES a few years ago and was blown away. And I thought I hated Japanese RPGs now. It's amazing.

#10 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

Played it on the SNES, but never beat it until the PS1 version.

#11 Posted by AndrewB (7611 posts) -

A little on the SNES, but more on the DS. Never finished though, even though I got pretty far into the game.

#12 Edited by rubberluffy (459 posts) -

I never had a SNES so I ended up emulating it years ago and I think I've played through that game around 10 times.  Then I tried it a little on the PSX but that version is a bit busted.

#13 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Where's the "yes, on multiple platforms" option? Seems like an odd thing to leave out, especially since I imagine you'd have chosen it.

#14 Posted by BisonHero (6511 posts) -

I started playing the DS version a year or two ago (sadly never owned a SNES), but stopped like 4-5 hours in, I think because I sorta got out of the habit of playing my DS games for a while, then I got to that standard JRPG problem where I put it down for too long and don't remember where I was going or what was happening in the story, and I just want to start over.

So all that being said, I'm committing to actually completing Chrono Trigger one or more times on the DS before I start watching the Endurance Run, because I'd rather have my own memories of my first time seeing the game unfold. That seems like it will be more valuable to me than Patrick's half-remembered nostalgia, and Ryan's weird commentary on stuff that I don't always agree with or find entertaining.

#15 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

I played and finished it on the DS.

I think the additions they've added make it a pretty definitive version.

#16 Posted by Cornman89 (1579 posts) -

Nope. I'll be experiencing it vicariously soon, though.

#17 Posted by Hailinel (24710 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Where's the "yes, on multiple platforms" option? Seems like an odd thing to leave out, especially since I imagine you'd have chosen it.

The question is which console you played it on first.

#18 Posted by prestonhedges (1965 posts) -

SNES. I remember staying up late at night with my brother playing through it. Awesome game.

#19 Posted by Bucketdeth (8010 posts) -

I have only played about 10 minutes of it, it's one of those games I just never got around to.

#20 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Yupp! PS1 for me.

#21 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@Hailinel

What if I played it first on one console, and then went back in time and created an alternate timeline wherein I played it first on another console? You must plan for all contingencies.
#22 Edited by Jeust (10644 posts) -

I played the SNES version, followed by the DS. Never really finished it.

#23 Posted by ViciousAnchovy (742 posts) -

@Hailinel: You may have meant to ask that, but that's not what appears.

#24 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

F: On my original Xbox

I had it softmodded and I installed a SNES emulator and ended up finally getting around to playing it from start to finish.

#25 Posted by Hailinel (24710 posts) -

@ViciousAnchovy said:

@Hailinel: You may have meant to ask that, but that's not what appears.

Perhaps it could be clearer, but in the context of the answers, I think it's clear enough.

#26 Posted by Elbon (368 posts) -

Played it on the snes and only finished it once had no clue on what I was doing at the end and no idea what ending I got

#27 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -

Yes, on every platform it's been available.

#28 Posted by EchoEcho (825 posts) -

Eons ago on the SNES. Had the FFIV/Chrono Trigger box for PS1, but never actually played it there. Picked up the DS release for my girlfriend, as it's one of her favorite games. She's probably beaten it on every platform at least a few times each.

#29 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

You left out PC.

#30 Posted by Chalian (216 posts) -

NEVER.

#31 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11722 posts) -

Yep. On the DS. Never finished it, oddly enough, as I was borrowing it from a friend and circumstances led me to giving it back. Still, from what I did play it was a very solid game.

#32 Posted by Moonshadow101 (565 posts) -

Played some on DS and some on PC via emulator. Never finished it.

#33 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5826 posts) -

Yeah, on the PS1. I stopped halfway through though because the load times were too bad.

I played it on the DS a few years after that, but stopped playing before I fought the final boss.

#34 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Yes, on SNES.

#35 Posted by RagingLion (1365 posts) -

"Huh buh zuh wuh?": I presume that means no rather than I don't understand the question or why it was asked, because the answer is no.

#36 Posted by AlisterCat (5559 posts) -

I did for a bit on DS but I stopped and then forgot about it, which is pretty much the death of any RPG for me. I'd have o start over. I can't just pick up a game I've forgotten about.

#37 Posted by mosespippy (4169 posts) -

I played it on emulation for about 7 or 8 hours. I didn't like it at all. Maybe that's because I played and enjoyed Chrono Cross before playing it.

#38 Posted by Romination (2777 posts) -

Played a good chunk on the DS and I get to be the guy who comes in everywhere and says "yeah I didn't like it and hated parts, actually" but I have reasons and I feel strongly about them, though I understand why people disagree.

#39 Posted by MentalDisruption (1634 posts) -

Yep I played it on the snes back in 1999. Since then I've been playing through it a 2 or 3 times a year whenever I don't have anything else to play.

#40 Posted by MetalBaofu (1381 posts) -

I've played it multiple times with the various releases. No idea how many times I played it on SNES/PS1. I started on the DS, but haven't finished it. I haven't bought it on PSN yet, but I probably will at some point.

#41 Posted by AlexW00d (6274 posts) -

Why is there no real option for no?

#42 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Nope. Wanted to buy it for $20 on the DS, but never did.

#43 Posted by GalacticPunt (1049 posts) -

@TheSeductiveMoose said:

You left out PC.

Indeed. I played through the first time on my little brother's $70 SNES cart, but I probably put more hours into it on zSnes or whatever. There were 10 save state slots, and I used them all to save all the multiple endings. And it's through emulation that I first heard the game's awesome music in stereo. So I regret nothing, Y'arr.

#44 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -

Played and beaten.

#45 Posted by nukesniper (1312 posts) -

I have not yet beat Chrono Trigger, but I might pull myself through it before the ER starts. Or at least keep myself ahead of them. I have to PS1 version here, and I could easily acquire the DS version. So I am strongly leaning toward doing that.

#46 Posted by Hailinel (24710 posts) -

@TheSeductiveMoose said:

You left out PC.

I don't include obvious pirate platforms.

#47 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Nope

#48 Posted by amomjc (977 posts) -

Played it on the SNES at first and got confused when I reached the "the Place between" or something. I then picked it up for the PS1 for the cut-scenes and got stuck at the same place. THEN I purchased it for the DS and decided to finally finish it, but then again it has so many endings so have I really?

#49 Posted by Fajita_Jim (1463 posts) -

I bought it the month it was released on the SNES. I played that damn game over and over again, I loved it. And all the different endings.

I don't know if I could play through it again. It might be fun for nostalgia for a few minutes, but I don't think I could seriously get into it like I did back then. That being said, I love everything about the game.

#50 Posted by Slaker117 (4842 posts) -

No, but I'm interested to see what it's about.