• 62 results
Fozimuth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Fozimuth

The Santa Maria del Fiore in Assassin's Creed II is huge and fancy.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By MikkaQ

Keep your church out of my sta- err levels!

I remember the beginning of DMC 4 has a cool cathedral. Dead Space 2 has a really creepy looking evil sci-fi church if you want something kinda different.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Day Z has taught me Guns in the Church

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Nottle

Super Mario RPG has a cool chruch, you fight a cake there and Mario can kiss Bowser, booster, or Toadstool if he's lucky.

management

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#55  Edited By management

Half-Life 2: Lost Coast has a church in it right? If I remember correctly you actually do some puzzle solving in that thing to.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By DeF

@Mesklinite said:

@DeF: I'd say bloodlines because it sounds familiar? but I can't remember.

bloodlines was the more recent and most acclaimed one. that was the source engine game. redemption was the isometric game from 2000

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By BoG

No one has mentioned Castlevania? Many Castlevania games have Cathedral interiors. The Royal Chapel in SotN is the firs that comes to mind.

Avatar image for redcricketchase
RedCricketChase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By RedCricketChase

Painkiller sprand to mind instantly after reading your Q. Thought this thread was going to be a debate about whether churches should be playable levels in violent games :P

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By mesklinite

@DeF: Then I'd say bloodlines!

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By DeF

@BoG said:

No one has mentioned Castlevania? Many Castlevania games have Cathedral interiors. The Royal Chapel in SotN is the firs that comes to mind.

everybody probably assumed he needed examples from 3D games so he can model his church after that.

Oh and after looking at my games I remember that Resident Evil Zero also featured that church behind the training facility with the bat boss.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By kindgineer

@Willza92: Although I could take your jest with the church joke offensively, I found it rather amusing. Made me smile, which doesn't happen often from text.

Anyhoo, maybe look at Diablo? I know that it's from an entirely different perspective, but I think you could get the overall Gothic feel from it. I'm a Catholic and have travelled to many a church in the states and one thing is really common: Mosaics and statues of Mary. Google is your best friend, but I honestly think that you should just go to a church with a camera and study a little bit. I bet you'd be surprised at the difference in quality your creation gathers when you walk the place you're building.

However, that last tidbit is the Mechanical Engineer student in me.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Dixavd

There is a church in Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit which you see in cutscenes a couple times (I think the one time you play it is a timed section - so it might be better to just look up videos, possibly playthroughs might do, to be able to pause at what you are looking).

But it was a very small city church (it was set in the middle of New York; even though they don't explicitly say it, it is clearly New York) and since the setting is in the middle of a serious winter it might be good to look at it as you get to see the inside and outside (or at least the graveyard out back, as I vividly remember that) covered in snow.