• 60 results
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By BraveToaster

@Winternet: I'm in the US and I didn't see it either.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By crusader8463

Count me in the I don't see it camp. Looking at the photo though, I'm not a fan. It looks like it breaks the look of the site really badly and looks kind of like an eye sore. I know it's a lot to ask, but it would be nice if they had some way to make it blend in with the sites look some.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By pr1mus

No popup, it's not flashing aggressively trying to give me eye cancer, i can click the background to regain focus of the window without being taken to another site?

I see no problems here.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By uhtaree

@crusader8463 said:

Count me in the I don't see it camp. Looking at the photo though, I'm not a fan. It looks like it breaks the look of the site really badly and looks kind of like an eye sore. I know it's a lot to ask, but it would be nice if they had some way to make it blend in with the sites look some.

Yeah, this. My eyes aren't drawn in to the top news items like I'm accustomed to. Now the site's all like "Hey guys, excited about E3 coverage?! Good. Now choke on some ads!"

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#55  Edited By Chummy8

I'm not a member and it's no big deal. It's an ad. And after being on the internet for so long, I've trained myself to ignore any and all ads I see.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm not okay with it, of course, because ads for video games should not be funding the coverage of video games, and I'm sad that other people aren't sad about that. But as far as ad skins go, at least it's for an expansion to a game they already reviewed in the past.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@Marokai said:

I'm not okay with it, of course, because ads for video games should not be funding the coverage of video games, and I'm sad that other people aren't sad about that. But as far as ad skins go, at least it's for an expansion to a game they already reviewed in the past.

Advertising videogames to people interested in videogames makes sense. It doesn't have to affect the content of the site in any way.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@WinterSnowblind said:

@Marokai said:

Advertising videogames to people interested in videogames makes sense. It doesn't have to affect the content of the site in any way.

In the case of Giant Bomb, I agree that it probably won't make a difference; it's just an ideal thing. It's sad that it's necessary, I guess.
triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#59  Edited By triple07

It reminded me that the Civ V expansion was coming out so I'm fine with it. As long as they keep the ads tasteful I am fine with it.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By Turambar

I don't mind it.  This is far better than ads for dating sites.

vdortizo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By vdortizo

I don't like it; but what am I gonna do, I don't own the site... besides I come for the news & QLs, not the ads...