Cliche: Which Console?

Avatar image for chesterbilliams
Chester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I want to buy either a Xbox One or PS4. I currently have an xbox 360 as my only console. I'm a gamer that only buys one console.

Now I really like Halo, but I've never played uncharted. I'm also not that big a fan of japanese games generally. As a point of reference Far Cry 3 and Skyrim are my favorite games in recent memory.

So which should I get? Money isnt really an issue between the two. What do you all think?

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That Halo Collection is going to be awesome.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If you are into Halo get the Halo Box.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Do you like Sony exclusives, or do you like Microsoft exclusives? That's all it really boils down to.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

From what you said, I'd say xbone.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

If you like Halo then get an Xbone. There is no Halo on PS4.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By monkeyking1969

Well, just from a novelty factor I assume you have played the Halo games already...you haven't played Uncharted or The Last of Us. If you had a 360 maybe this generation switch to Sony. You could get a Xbox One and play Halo again or the new IPs, but that could be less interesting to you than playing Sony's machine and experiencing some other properties.

There are likely to be no shortages of games on either, so my argument is mostly broadening your experiences.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By egg

just get a ps4 and be done with it.. That is your mission is it not? Don't choke and accidentally get an Xbox one. You want a next gen 30 fps box, not the one with kinect and goofy assymetrical controller.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

PC

Whamola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If your favorite games were Farcry 3 and Skyrim, buy a PS4. It's looking more and more that that's the system to get 3rd party games on.

Plus Halo is really bland.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I would say go with your gut. People are always going to recommend whats the best option for them but that's not always going to be the best option for you. If you really cant decide then I would suggest you wait a bit and see how things go. If you are only going to purchase one console anyways then you will never notice any graphical differences on multiplat releases.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

I used to call Sony systems the "Metal Gear console" but that's not the case any more.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

In my opinion, Microsoft has a stronger 2014-early 2015, but if exclusives aren't your thing, I suggest that you literally flip a coin if you're having trouble deciding which platform to get.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you didn't feel any halo fatigue with halo 4 you should probably get an xbox one. The reason I got a PS4 was because MS first party development had felt really stale in the last few years and they didn't announce anything since then to offset that perception. Halo 4 soured me on the franchise and I don't know if 343 can pull off the leap to get my interest back with halo 5. Sony isn't that much better with its first party stuff but they'll get the best version of third party games every time and, of course, BLOODBORN!!!

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck it, all of them...its the only honest answer.

bremaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say get both. You did say you only stick with one console, so maybe it's time to change to getting both or more. I would go for the Xbox One myself first, but that's me as I like xbox. But I will eventually get the PS4 as well. It all comes down to which console has the better games and other such things for you.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

XONE gets Destiny and Halo MCC Collection.

I have both consoles.

Newfangled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Newfangled

If you're the patient type, wait a year or two, then make your selection. Both systems will be better established by then, and you'll be able to make a more informed purchasing decision. Destiny is cross-gen, so you can play it this Autumn if you feel the urge, and Halo will still be Halo in two years. In 2015/16, perhaps having a console-first approach will leave you at a distinct disadvantage, and it will transpire that a PC is the way to futureproof your gaming hobby. I have neither a PS4 or One, and don't intend on considering purchasing one or the other until the next-gen roster is comprehensive enough (and noticeably technologically/mechanically superior to the current gen), for me to invest.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

If you like Halo, then I'd figure you've played them already on the Xbox 360, so don't make your decision to buy an Xbox One based on the Halo Collection. If you liked Halo 4 and are still interested in the one coming out in 2015, then still don't make your decision based on one game. Now if Halo 5 is just one of several Xbox One exclusives that you're interested in, then get an Xbox One.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will make the decision for you since you are asking me. You will do this, no questions asked. You will buy a Wii U. And you will like it. Now go.

rlhyeung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Why don't you take a look at future releases and compare which games you like the most? Also, since you really like Halo, you'd probably want the Xbone.

Also, do you have an established set of friends who have a preference, because you would probably want to go where you friends go.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By mike

Both the Xbox One and PS4 are underwhelming and underpowered. Get a PC. Especially considering that your favorite recent games are Far Cry 3 and Skyrim, the best versions of those games and those like them are found on PC.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

If you won't get a PC, then probably an Xbox One. Especially if you like Halo.

Uncharted honestly isn't worth getting a console for at this point. Sure, 2 looked great and had some awesome set pieces (if I disregard my contempt for its lackluster third person shooting it actually might seem like an OK time!) but these days there are better looking (and simply better) games.

The Last of Us has one of the best stories in games, but I'm still not too keen on saying that it, alone, is worth buying a console for.

I'd say pick up an Xbox One now. The PS3 has built up a pretty good back catalog and you can play The Last of Us and the Uncharted games on it.

Retromancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Actually answering the question: It seems like what specific interests you do have line up more with what you can get out of an Xbox One. Go for it and just enjoy the games, duder.