• 83 results
#51 Posted by EXTomar (4497 posts) -

I'm not entirely sure any console released around now will last 5 years.

#52 Edited by Danteveli (1160 posts) -

Nintendo will last way longer than the competition. This is the only company that has really targeted China as its market and with the expansion of Chinese gaming they can't go wrong. I don't understand all the Nintendo hate and predicting their downfall when there are 2 companies that release almost the same stuff on the market. I cant see how Sony and Microsoft can both survive with Nintendo offering something different dies. If its so competitive then the worse of first offering the same product should fail.

#53 Edited by Hailinel (23891 posts) -

I presume this was something uttered in between incoherent bro outs?

#54 Posted by Jay_Ray (1070 posts) -

Nintendo will last way longer than the competition. This is the only company that has really targeted China as its market and with the expansion of Chinese gaming they can't go wrong. I don't understand all the Nintendo hate and predicting their downfall when there are 2 companies that release almost the same stuff on the market. I cant see how Sony and Microsoft can both survive with Nintendo offering something different dies. If its so competitive then the worse of first offering the same product should fail.

It is not Nintendo hate, it is the love of Nintendo and their software and releasing them of the burden of the hardware the software has to support.

#55 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1173 posts) -

Nintendo - going 3rd party since 1996!

#56 Edited by mordukai (7133 posts) -

In other news, Cliffy B. get arrested for a possession of crystal meth.

Also. Can we just stop referring to him under that name?! His public personality comes off a douchebag as it is. He doesn't need any more adding to that.

#57 Edited by RazielCuts (2928 posts) -

I predict Epic will only be making the Unreal Engine in 5 years.

Also, how could I not -

#58 Posted by casper_ (901 posts) -

you dont have to be fucking nostradamus to see that coming

#59 Posted by deadmoscow (261 posts) -

I agree that Nintendo have been kind of bullheaded in the last five or ten years, especially in their implementation (haha) of online features in their consoles. But I don't see them bowing out of the hardware market, especially not after the unbelievable sales of the Wii and DS. If anything, the WiiU might serve as a reminder that you really can't fit more than two major players in a "console war" kind of marketplace. I think it'll be Sony/Microsoft for at least another 5 years. Maybe 10 or 15 years from now, I don't even think gaming consoles will exist as they do currently.

#60 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

It's going to happen one day.

Nintendo won't be here forever. The more and more Apple and Google take full control of the tech industry, the less and less chance Nintendo is going to be able to compete unless they adopt new ways. It's basic business.

#61 Posted by frankfartmouth (1016 posts) -

@mordukai said:

Also. Can we just stop referring to him under that name?! His public personality comes off a douchebag as it is. He doesn't need any more adding to that.

Yeah I don't like it either. I put it in the thread title just to save space.

#62 Edited by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

@mordukai said:

His public personality comes off a douchebag as it is. He doesn't need any more adding to that.

Cliffy B Achievements:

On the first issue of Nintendo Power for kicking ass in a game.
Jazz Jackrabbit
Unreal
Unreal Tournament
UT2k4

Cliffy B earned the right to have what he has. Shit, he made the FPS that defined PCs in the late 90s and mid 2000s. Plus he's pretty smart, and let's be honest once Google and Apple start to feel threatened by the gaming industry the two of them could easily take control of the industry.

#63 Edited by JasonR86 (9608 posts) -

@mordukai said:

What does that have to do with his professional life or his view of the gaming industry? Also I imagine a lot of really amazing people made a lot of mistakes. Making a mistake doesn't meaning you are a bad person or that your opinion shouldn't be heard. Plus he legitimately seems like a good guy who plays into his public persona. Every journalist I've heard talk about him who have met him have said nothing but good things about him.

#64 Posted by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

Nintendo will always be around, with Mario behind their back they will be able to survive no matter what, they could always sell hardware and people like me will probably buy it

#65 Posted by John1912 (1830 posts) -

Yea, back to the GC days at the least. Personally I dont feel Nintendo has made a good console in quite a while. They still do some good first party games. As a gamer I would just rather see them do that instead. It would prob increase the quality of the games as well since they wouldnt be using completely shit hardware

#66 Edited by RE_Player1 (7549 posts) -

PC gaming was supposed to die and it's very healthy. I highly doubt Nintendo will be out of hardware in 5 years and people making those predictions, along with consoles being obsolete, are retarded. Analysts and developers like to praise the Zynga and mobile model but it seems like every other week Zynga shuts down a studio...

#67 Edited by McLargepants (361 posts) -

I could see them dropping out of the living room console market and focus on handhelds, they seem to know how to do them quite well.

#68 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4154 posts) -

[Sigh] Ouya will still be around..

#69 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4154 posts) -

Hey Listen EVERYONE

Did you guys notice that the timeline stopped? It stopped at @nightriff: and didn't mention us other 4 going down. Its been more than half an hour since the timeline updated..?

#70 Posted by EuanDewar (4757 posts) -

oh my goddddd nerdddddddddssss

#71 Posted by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

@blu3v3nom07: Yeah I know, its fucking weird, been like this for 40 minutes, guess we are in an alternate universe?

#72 Edited by JasonR86 (9608 posts) -

@euandewar said:

oh my goddddd nerdddddddddssss

Epix lawz!!!1!!

#73 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4154 posts) -

@nightriff: Fuck, dammit! this is weeeeerd. Awf. Dave hasn't said anything on twitter. : O

#74 Posted by gogosox82 (424 posts) -

Its a possibility that Nintendo won't be making consoles in the future but five years seems a little too short. I mean the only way I see Nintendo not making consoles is if they refuse to adapt to a changing marketplace where consoles are more like pcs and everything is downloaded instead of coming on a disc. Which again, is a possibility, but i don't see that happening in 5 years.

#75 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4154 posts) -

WELL, I guess I can't message the mods. It just crapped out on me, to a white Whaa?, page. I Could mention a mod.. But don't really want to.

#76 Posted by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

This is just fucking weird, should make this the "time stopped on GB" thread, sorry for highjacking it Cliffy

#77 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4154 posts) -
#78 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4154 posts) -

@nightriff: I hijacked another thread, no one cares really.

#79 Posted by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

Exactly, I don't know what has been commented on or not, glad I haven't created one, it would be lost in limbo

#80 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4154 posts) -

@nightriff: I can't make a thread, I can't message the mods. I mentioned them, I guess.

#81 Edited by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

I wouldn't say they would be out of the hardware race in 5 years, but if they don't catch up tech wise, it'll be more difficult for them in the long haul. I could see them going strictly down the portable gaming route and getting out of the home console market. Even then, iPhone gaming would probably take a sizable chunk out of their base.

#82 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4154 posts) -
#83 Posted by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

Are we the only two aware of the problem? Are we in an alternate GB universe? Are others also just stuck together in this time loop? All questions we will never have answers to

#84 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

Are we the only two aware of the problem? Are we in an alternate GB universe? Are others also just stuck together in this time loop? All questions we will never have answers to

he....

.........ime loop

......send ..lp......

#85 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4154 posts) -

@nightriff: I just don't think anybody cares. PC Master Race, Don't Care.

#86 Edited by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

@animasta said:

@nightriff said:

he....

.........ime loop

......send ..lp......

OH NO! CAN...YOU...HEAR...ME...ANIMASTA?! THIS...IS...NIGHTRIFF!!!

#87 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4154 posts) -

I think I have a Limbo message, awesome.

#88 Posted by Jams (2959 posts) -

@nightriff: I just don't think anybody cares. PC Master Race, Don't Care.

I'm a PC Master Race and I have no idea what you're gumming on about.

So what's going on?

#89 Posted by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

Sent a tweet to Dave letting him know (unless he already does?!) so well see if he knows what's going on (if he replies that is)

#90 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4154 posts) -

@jams: Real Talk, the GB Forum Timeline stopped more than an hour ago. Dave still hasn't said anything on Twitter. ~ Go check!

#91 Edited by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

I wouldn't be surprised if everything that we are saying now gets deleted, our post count isn't even changing

#92 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4154 posts) -

@nightriff: Whoa... Weird. This would be a perfect quest!. .

#93 Posted by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

Now it seems to be working? and my post count went down? Huh

#94 Posted by Willy105 (4688 posts) -

@jams said:

@fiercedeity said:

@jams said:

I think they are back where they were with the GameCube. All that money they made with the Wii supposedly went into R&D for the Wii U. So now they have this console without all the hype of the last one and with what seems like just as many bad games. In my eyes, they're pretty bad off. You gotta wonder if they'll be able to make enough to R&D and make another system. Or save what they can and concentrate on handhelds. Which also seems like shrinking market thanks to tablets and phones.

You do know that they actually made a profit off the GameCube, right?

while at the same time almost completely losing their foothold on the home console market. Sure, they've been making money but with every console they release they lose more and more consumers to how they run business.

Except for the part when they didn't...and actually gained more exponentially.

This last decade has been a huge success for Nintendo in every way that matters, with the only exception being public opinion on certain boards and circles. This new decade hasn't started off so hot, but the idea that Nintendo will go down using the Gamecube and Wii as examples for their demise is every bit as looney as the Flat Earth Society.

#95 Edited by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

Nope never mind, but I have a bunch of messages now, so they must be fixing it right now

#96 Edited by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

And I can't access the messages, this is still fucking weird

#97 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

I totally agree with him, Nintendo had a chance to be ahead of everyone else if the Nintendo Wii U was on par with the specs of the PS4, instead they made a console less powerful than the 360 a console thats 8 years old.

I really can't see Nintendo recycling their IPs lasting forever if they don't decide to create new ones as well.

#98 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4154 posts) -

@nightriff: I still don't think anybody else cares in the other threads.

I'm sorry. This is The most alarming thing I've seen from this community. [The fact that no one has noticed the world stopping] Its cool., I guess..

#99 Edited by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

Nintendo: Perpetually doomed since 1983.

#100 Posted by Milkman (16526 posts) -

He's probably not wrong as far as home consoles go. They can still survive in the handheld market, probably. But after the Wii U, I'm not sure if Nintendo ever releases another console.