Clint Hocking Resigns from Ubisoft

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By owl_of_minerva

For those who don't know who he is, he worked as a level/game designer and writer on Splinter Cell, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and Farcry 2. In addition, he has a blog called Click Nothing, where he writes about various gaming topics, the most well-known article probably being the one on 'Ludonarrative Dissonance in Bioshock'. However, in his blog he cites needing to do something daring and adventurous as his reason for quitting.
Admittedly, I haven't play much of any of those games, but his blog is brilliant. Anyone else intrigued by what his next contribution to gaming will be?

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Fallen189

The maker behind the epic masterpiece Farcry 2? It'll probably be tremendous

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By HitmanAgent47

If he made the levels in far cry 2, since they are too big, tell him that I hate that game and it's fustrating. Especially the check points.

haethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By haethos

Chaos Theory was pretty legit -- hope he moves on to make other stealth games :>

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By owl_of_minerva
@Fallen189:  I did mention he worked for Ubisoft, right? It's not like he gets to make whatever game he wants. A man of his experience and intellect, if given enough funding and autonomy to pursue projects, should be able to pull off something more artistically significant. Check out his blog, and then see if that kind of snark is warranted.
@HitmanAgent47:  He was in more of a lead role, I think. So if there are problems in the game, he is one of the men to criticise. But Farcry is rather synonymous with huge environments, what did you expect?
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic

As long as nobody Assassin's Creed-related leaves, im happy and content. I enjoyed Far Cry 2 (to a certain point) and the couple of Splinter Cell games i played, but i can do without just fine xD

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By owl_of_minerva
@Ahmad_Metallic:  True, Assassin's Creed is awesome, looking forward to the next entry.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By penguindust

10 bucks says he winds up at Activision.  I hear they've got some positions to fill.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By natetodamax

This was already posted somewhere...

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By owl_of_minerva
@natetodamax: I see nothing under his name and I didn't find it upon searching either.