Avatar image for phantomgardener
PhantomGardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PhantomGardener

I see more and more games that are focusing on co-op ascpet of the game these days, rather than the singleplayer aspect. Is this gonna become like a trend now?

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By imsh_pl

I hope, but only if they leave the split screen coop.

Split screen multiplayer is waaaay better than any form of online multiplayer imo.

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

The best way to have split screen co-op and still keep a good single-player would be to just have separate co-op missions. Quite a few games are doing it.

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By JCTango

I've always been a fan of Co-Op ever since the early days of DOOM :)

In fact it was one of my first online gaming experience xD.. with my buddy back in high school.. we were both saying.. "wow I can't believe we're playing through a phone line!"

Avatar image for phantomgardener
PhantomGardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PhantomGardener

I have nothing against co-op gaming myself, but if it hurts the singleplayer, I would rather not have it.

wormz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By wormz
@imsh_pl said:
" I hope, but only if they leave the split screen coop.  Split screen multiplayer is waaaay better than any form of online multiplayer imo. "
100% agree. I just hope they would use the whole screen and not two small boxes like RE5 does. Lost Planet 2 has even smaller boxes. I don't get it.
Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NoCookiesForYou

I'd love to have more online co-op games. Always a blast to play with a friend.

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By unchained

Co-op gaming is okay. I much prefer single player though. Especially for story-driven games. The co-op experience destroys any immersion.  

@PhantomGardener
said:

" I have nothing against co-op gaming myself, but if it hurts the singleplayer, I would rather not have it. "
That right there pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter.
E_rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By E_rock
@wormz said:
" @imsh_pl said:
" I hope, but only if they leave the split screen coop.  Split screen multiplayer is waaaay better than any form of online multiplayer imo. "
100% agree. I just hope they would use the whole screen and not two small boxes like RE5 does. Lost Planet 2 has even smaller boxes. I don't get it. "
This.  LP2 had the smallest boxes I've ever seen.  Why the radar literally took up half of the split screen I will never know.  That's kinda the story with a lot of aspects of Lost Planet 2... why would you ever do such a thing?

As long as the game doesn't neglect the single player experience I would love to see this co-op trend continue.  I really liked the idea of separate co-op missions like how splinter cell conviction did it.  That allows the levels to be design for co-op play instead of just another dude tagging along through the campaign.
floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By floodiastus
@imsh_pl said:
Splitscreen kinda sucks, who wants to play low-res, SAME SCREEN Multiplayer is the way to go :)
triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By triple07
@imsh_pl said:
I agree. Having a friend on the couch next to you is just so much better than having to try and talk over the internet. Also I find myself liking co-op games a lot more than singleplayer games these days.
Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Grillbar

well imo i dont mind the option, though if co-op is an option then they should allways do both splitscreen and online co-op. i hate when its only one of the options 
and about it being a trend, i thought it allready was

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By iam3green

i don't like co-op. i find it annoying to play with someone. when there usually is a co-op part of a game i don't do it. another annoying thing is like in resident evil 5 where your stuck with someone with co-op. the computers are dumb and it still feels like your an army of one.

Yozora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Yozora

I have no one to play local coop with :( Not that I've got many games to play coop in the first place, Lara Croft and Pixeljunk shooter are the only games I've played where I'd have liked to try local coop.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Jimbo

It was unfashionable for a while, but you're right, they do seem to have realised that it's still a big draw.  You look at the success of Gears, Halo, MW2, L4D etc. and co-op becomes hard to ignore.

Probably the most interesting aspect of GTA 5 for me is whether or not they make it co-op.  They haven't been above taking ideas from Saints Row in the past, and Saints Row 2 absolutely nailed open world co-op imo (without requiring the whole game to be designed exclusively for co-op), so it'll be interesting to see if they do something similar.  I hope they do.

Seeing co-op games like Trine, Last Guardian, Re-armed etc. shipping without online co-op in this day and age just makes me roll my eyes.  "Oh, it's too hard!  We don't know how to do it! Wah!"  It's ridiculous.  Online co-op on co-op games should just be a given by now.

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sameeeeam
@PhantomGardener said:
" I have nothing against co-op gaming myself, but if it hurts the singleplayer, I would rather not have it. "
Vao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Vao

Some games work well with Coop game play, Halo, Gears, L4D, Magicka, are some examples of this. And for the most part terrible games can be made better with a friend along side, (Mercs2, Blood on the Sand, Borderlands) . I personally like having the option to split screen for few times it comes up either at a friends or here.  I played though the Lara Croft game and Pixel Junk Shooters with a friend the first week they came out. 

When it comes down to it, some games work well, L4D isn't a very good single player experience, but it is fun and exciting if you have 3 others you can trust, But I don't want a Coop version of Dead Space 2 because half the immersion is knowing your all alone.  

oh and FFS, why didnt Just Cause 2 have Coop,

Xanth93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Xanth93

No one has even mention how Uncharted 2 had incredible co-op.

Co-op is fun either way. Offline and online co-op both have their advantages and disadvantages. For example, offline co-op in RE5 is unbearable, but online co-op is a lot of fun. As for New Super Mario Bros. Wii, the idea of online co-op sounds heinous, but the offline co-op is amazing.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By crusader8463

I will always be a single player guy first and foremost, but it's nice when a game has co-op if it's done well and not just tacked on.

LoggerRythm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LoggerRythm

I don't think enough games have co-op. I think running through a game with a buddy wasting fools or whatever the case may be is pretty damn fun.