Collector's Editions with downloadable content

netspiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Many games have Collector's Editions that include downloadable content. Is this downloadable content on the disc itself or is it just a voucher that I can use to get the DLC for free? I want to know if I'll still have access to the DLC if I buy the game used. My question is about the following games:

Aliens Colonial Marines: Collector's Edition

Batman Arkham Asylum: Game Of The Year Edition

Batman Arkham City: Game Of The Year Edition

Batman Arkham Origins: Collector's Edition

Borderlands: Game Of The Year Edition

Borderlands 2: Game Of The Year Edition

Dead Space 2: Collector's Edition

Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition

Dragon Age 2: Bioware Signature Edition

Infamous 2: Hero Edition

Infamous Second Son: Collector's Edition

Injustice Gods Among Us: Ultimate Edition

The Last Of Us Remastered

Left 4 Dead: Game Of The Year Edition

Marvel VS Capcom 3: Special Edition

Mass Effect 2: Collector's Edition

Mass Effect 3: Collector's Edition

Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition

Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition

Star Wars The Force Unleashed II: Collector's Edition

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I can't speak for all versions but most come with a code that links to your account. So the DLC would be missing when you buy it used.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm yet to see an edition like this on the consoles that had the DLC on the disc. All the ones I've purchased have been codes to use in the Marketplace or Store.

GValo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm yet to see an edition like this on the consoles that had the DLC on the disc. All the ones I've purchased have been codes to use in the Marketplace or Store.

I want to say the anniversary edition of Oblivion had the DLC on disc 2 but all it did was download the DLC to your system.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

"Collector's Editions" with exclusive content have always been codes in my experience. Now, GOTYs and Complete Editions are usually pack-in discs. Although in both cases it can vary.

Kingpk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

The Komplete Edition (or whatever it's called) of Mortal Kombat has everything on the disc.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@gvalo said:
@vierastalo said:

I want to say the anniversary edition of Oblivion had the DLC on disc 2 but all it did was download the DLC to your system.

Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition was also a disc that just installed the DLC. Force Unleashed was a second disc as well but you actually had to swap discs to play the DLC stuff.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By whitegreyblack

I have seen two versions of the Xbox 360 Borderlands GOTY; one with download vouchers and one with a DLC disc. Caveat emptor.

It will be helptful to know where you reside. I imported Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition from the UK because it has everything on-disc and I could not find a version in North America that did. Regions may differ. Also, what console are you looking to get these on (in case that also causes a discrepancy)?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Corevi

@whitegreyblack: I'm in Canada and the TFU:USE had everything on disc. 360 version.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By whitegreyblack

@corevi: Hmm... I am a canucklehead here, as well. Might have been because I was going for the PS3 version, or I perhaps I was totally wrong, found bad intel on the internet, or just could not find anything in-stock or at a reasonable price. It's been a while since I got that one.

netspiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did some research myself and found a lot of information.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/290765-official-gotycompleteultimatedlc-edition-compilation-thread-now-wikified/

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/games-discussion-1000000/the-officially-unofficial-games-that-come-with-dlc-27559119/