Come Back of WWII Games? Which do you look forward to the most?

Avatar image for s0mewh4td4m4ged
S0mewh4tD4m4ged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

Poll Come Back of WWII Games? Which do you look forward to the most? (40 votes)

Wolfenstein: The New Order (05.20.14) 80%
Enemy Front (06.13.14) 13%
Sniper Elite III (06.27.14) 8%

Wolfenstein: The New Order
The New Order isn't necessarily a WWII game but takes place in the 1960s in an alternate history world in which the Nazis won the war.

Enemy Front
Enemy Front is more historic. "..the first truly modern WW2 FPS, featuring stunning visuals, open-ended levels and a richly interactive combat experience that breaks out of the standard model of highly linear scripted FPS experiences, giving the player full freedom to own their playing style. Intense Combat, Sniping, Stealth and Sabotage – all are viable approaches for the player, maximizing player engagement and replayability.

"Against the visceral backdrop of breathtaking European locales, the player takes on the role of American war correspondent Robert Hawkins, as he fights hand in hand with Resistance Fighters opposing the Nazi juggernaut in France, Germany, Norway, and during the Warsaw Uprising."

Sniper Elite III
Sniper Elite III is a 3rd person shooter that will take place in North Africa during World War II. The game has been described as "more of a sandbox game".

• 
nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By nightriff

Wolfenstein....I guess. I wouldn't say WW2 games are back until CoD or BF do another one.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wolfenstein. That could be cool.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Those are pretty small-scale games, except for the over the top pulpy sci fi one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Enemy Front is going to have a fucking bummer ending.

I would like a WW2 game where you are in a small commando unit whose entire purpose is to liberate what intelligence refers to as a 'displacement camp'. And the soldiers discover exactly what happens there. You liberate the camp halfway through the game, and then the real shit starts; a counterattack is coming and the main battalions won't have advanced far enough to help for a few more days. Now you have to defend a camp of the weakest, most brutalized people on the planet from waves of soldiers who want nothing more than to kill you and those people and erase any evidence of what happened to you. Do you try to train the healthy to fight with you? Do you try to move with them?

That's a military objective I consider worth fighting for.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I look forward to not playing them. Besides, I don't think the new Wolfenstein should actually be classified as a WW2 game. Its a scifi shooter.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By crithon

I guess Wolfenstien, but even that game is getting mixed reactions. I'd like to play like a TWO FISTED Pulp action comic book WW2 game like

No Caption Provided

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By me3639

All of them. Sniper Elite is probably one of the most underrated games around and has a lot of potential to be a really great franchise. The game could use some rpg elements, and the stealth HAS to be addressed. As for online, more co op missions structured like COD spec ops would be awesome.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By MooseyMcMan

You know, I wouldn't be upset if Call of Duty decided to do WWII for a year. I'd like to play a new really big budget WWII shooter running on the new consoles.

As far as those actual games go? Eh, not interested. Maybe Wolfenstein if it turns out well, but that's not really WWII.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By RonGalaxy

I want a ww2 game that isn't a first person multiplayer shooter with nothing to say. I want a game that really gets into the nitty gritty of that era on a thematic level. Could be very interesting if done right. As for the games you listed, interested in none of them.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

I just want a game with the Brothers in Arms concept that actually delivers.

Squad tactics, nah mean?

You know, I wouldn't be upset if Call of Duty decided to do WWII for a year. I'd like to play a new really big budget WWII shooter running on the new consoles.

As far as those actual games go? Eh, not interested. Maybe Wolfenstein if it turns out well, but that's not really WWII.

I haven't played CoD since MW2, but I would kill for what you described.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want more games in the 60's/70's

spy shit is way cooler than war shit.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Animasta
BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

From time to time I think a WW1 game might be interesting, but sitting in a trench, waiting to get gassed probably wouldn't make for very compelling gameplay.

Avatar image for singingmenstrual
SingingMenstrual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am an absolute sucker for WW2 shooters and yet... neither of those. I dunno man :/

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree... Battlefield WW2 style needs to come back , hell i want every modern shooter to go back to WW2 style. It's weird how everything changed when COD went modern warfare on us.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

I look forward to not playing them. Besides, I don't think the new Wolfenstein should actually be classified as a WW2 game. Its a scifi shooter.

How can you look forward to not doing something? I can understand if you are currently doing the thing you look forward to not doing, but otherwise the sense makes none.

behardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By behardy

I am excited about the part where I get to kill Nazis.