• 117 results
Posted by Jeff (3631 posts) -
Did we mention that they had a photo booth?

Last night's sold-out Rock Band Night extravaganza was a beautiful mess, like it is every year. But we survived and now we're getting focused on our own panel... which will likely be an unbeautiful mess. Come watch as a slow-motion car crash unfolds in front of your very eyes! Here are the details:

The Giant Bomb PAX East panel for 2013 will happen tonight at 9PM in the Phoenix Theatre. It will feature such celebrities as Vinny "Vinny" Caravella and popular weekend columnist, Alek Navarro. We have some things planned for this panel! It should be a great time.

Saturday (that's tomorrow) will see us pop up on a couple of other panels. Ryan will appear on "404ing It: Breaking (Down) the Internet" at 7PM in the Naga Theatre. Here is that panel's description:

Too busy to keep up with all the things that make the Internet so awesome? 404ing It: Breaking (Down) The Internet is the show that does your homework for you. This monthly Upright Citizen’s Brigade Theatre comedy show features a panel of comedians and super nerds that break down the best the Internet has to offer: Funny photos! Amazing videos! Memes! It’s everything you love about the Internet except with none of the jerky YouTube comments or trolling 14 year-olds. For one night only, host Pat Baer (UCB Theatre) brings the show to you at PAX East, for free, with celebrity guests Ryan Davis (Giant Bomb), Eric Pope (Harmonix) and Chris Kohler (Wired).

Then, at 9:30 on Saturday, Ryan and myself will be appearing with the minds behind Cards Against Humanity for their panel, "Cards Against Humanity." Those creative jokesters really knocked it out of the park with their panel name this year. It will happen in the Wyvern Theatre! Come pitch your terrible ideas for Cards cards!

So there you have it! We'll also be around the show floor doing a little thing or two, so if you see us say hi!

#2 Posted by TyCobb (1973 posts) -

"Alek Navarro"

Jeff must have partied really hard last night and still feeling the effects because X and K are nowhere near each other.

#3 Edited by chilibean_3 (1660 posts) -

We're in Boston... you're in Boston... let's do something

Jeff this isn't craigslist you done goofed.

#4 Posted by TyCobb (1973 posts) -
#5 Edited by weegieanawrench (1941 posts) -

@tubaker: Now you extra don't get the quest.

I wish I could be there, have a great time duders!

#6 Edited by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Alek Navarro.

#7 Posted by BeefyGrandmole (357 posts) -

Man i'm looking forward to watching this next week. Hopefully the other panels the guys are on will be recorded and uploaded somewhere.

#8 Posted by SonKite (70 posts) -

I'am not in Boston...

#9 Edited by CommonReason (113 posts) -

Too far away to make it there. Really excited to see the video of it whenever it goes up though!

#10 Edited by Mirado (1015 posts) -

@tycobb: I measure the severity of my hangovers by the distance between the key I want to hit and the one I actually do.

"Last night was the worst. I was at four keys this morning." Or, more accurately, "Last night was the worst, I'm at.... *vomits*"

#11 Edited by Kasswara (178 posts) -

Are you DTF?

#12 Edited by Corvak (1128 posts) -

I almost made it there - but boston is lacking in hotels (and I am lacking in money to cab all over the city each day)

#13 Edited by kindgineer (2773 posts) -

Surely wish I could!

#14 Edited by BeachThunder (12118 posts) -
#15 Posted by BrianP (485 posts) -

Had a three day pass to PAX, but somehow I developed a nasty illness between yesterday afternoon and evening and am staying home. Tell everyone I said "you're welcome".

#16 Posted by Max_Cherry (1138 posts) -

Ah shit! I'm currently in Massapequa NY. However, if I make the next train on the LIRR into Penn Station then take the Acela to Boston, hop in a cab, and hustle. I should be able to be their by 6:30pm tonight barring any unforeseen obstacles. Okay, I'll see you there!

#17 Edited by Triumvir (489 posts) -

Jesus Everloving Christ, I wish that I could, duders. D:

#18 Posted by Slow_pC (247 posts) -

Yep , first year that I am not in boston for east since the start... :( Making it up for a mission to prime this year. Good trade off.

#19 Posted by Dunchad (501 posts) -

It seems "404ing It" is on the pax stream schedule, so I'll be sure to watch that.

#20 Posted by NTM (7492 posts) -

Maybe PAX Prime; I'm only 30 minutes away.

#21 Posted by Mezmero (1981 posts) -

No I shan't. :(

#22 Edited by EnduranceFun (1114 posts) -

Holy shit Alek Navarro. Giant Bomb bringing out the big guns?

#23 Posted by Max_Cherry (1138 posts) -

I'm making a quick stop at the 7-11, but I'm on my way.

#24 Edited by UberExplodey (944 posts) -

"Vinny" is my favorite.

#25 Posted by probablytuna (3746 posts) -

I'd love to be there myself :(

#26 Posted by Deathpooky (1427 posts) -

That Harmonix thing was certainly a mess. And I only caught the end, with lots of Patrick yelling into a microphone over everyone else and telling people to clap(?) with American Pie. Maybe a little moderation Scoops.

#27 Posted by Rmack (1078 posts) -

I'll be there!

#28 Posted by BombaLuigi (155 posts) -

any stream available for this? :/

#29 Edited by Arath (58 posts) -

Will this be streamed or at least recorded and uploaded to the site later? Would like to see this, but not in the country.

#30 Posted by RazielCuts (2978 posts) -

@tycobb said:

"Alek Navarro"

Jeff must have partied really hard last night and still feeling the effects because X and K are nowhere near each other.

He's the new intern from gamebomb.ru

#31 Edited by Red12b (9084 posts) -

That Harmonix thing was certainly a mess. And I only caught the end, with lots of Patrick yelling into a microphone over everyone else and telling people to clap(?) with American Pie. Maybe a little moderation Scoops.

he was probably very drunk cut some slack

#32 Edited by thatdutchguy (1273 posts) -

Boston ? i'm not even in the USA......

#33 Posted by ILikePopCans (760 posts) -

#34 Posted by laserbolts (5331 posts) -

That sounds like hell to me.

#35 Posted by Pr1mus (3953 posts) -

Will the GB panel be live streamed?

#36 Posted by soupbones (290 posts) -

no stream for the members? le' sigh.

#37 Posted by NeoCalypso (192 posts) -

While you guys are there make sure you check out the photobooth downstairs. It was really expensive.

#38 Posted by Kinapuff (244 posts) -

I'm not in Boston. Would you mind coming to Stockholm instead?

#39 Edited by sixpin (1298 posts) -

I'm not in Boston.

Edit: Removed the rest of the comment due to idiots.

#40 Edited by Homeslice (555 posts) -

@deathpooky said:

That sounds like hell to me.

Scoops broke his collar bone cycling while under the influence. Doubt he knows when to stop when there's a big group.

#41 Posted by dr_mantas (1991 posts) -
@sixpin said:

I'm not in Boston.

However, I am paying for a premium membership with two weeks of no live streams and no coverage of PAX (at least none that's been mentioned).

There's nothing that kills good content like monotony. I'm glad they're taking a couple weeks of from the regular livestreams.

Of course, PAX and GDC coverage would be HIGHLY welcome. And I'll frankly be surprised if there isn't any.

#42 Edited by paulunga (2067 posts) -

Uhh, that Breaking the Internet panel sounds like it's gonna be all jerky YouTube comments, except coming from a bunch of guests. At the very least Ryan.

#43 Edited by Trilogy (2676 posts) -

Boston ? i'm not even in the USA......

You'll just have to wait for PAX Netherlands.

#44 Posted by sixpin (1298 posts) -

@dr_mantas: I agree monotony is bad, but as they just started Unprofessional Fridays and the new Wednesday show (it doesn't even have a name yet) has there been time for monotony to set in? It doesn't really matter, just my personal feelings. I've been trying to justify the $50/yr for membership as of late and stuff like this makes it harder.

#45 Edited by geirr (2641 posts) -

They record this every year so I'm assuming they will this year too.

I don't care that much about live streaming since my internet speeds are garbage.

#46 Posted by mrcraggle (1960 posts) -

I'm not in Boston. I wish I were but couldn't afford a trip to America when I'm off to Canada a month later.

#47 Posted by HarkinNecro (81 posts) -

Show floor walk around and game news from pax? Live feed from the panel for the paying customers?

#48 Posted by dr_mantas (1991 posts) -

@sixpin: I understand, we all have our own value judgements, and 50 dollars isn't a small sum, especially for some parts of the world.

It's just that I always saw my membership as paying for the premium content as well as the regular content. I know Quick Look's are free for everybody, but the amount of content these guys put out is worth 50 dollars (or 35 dollars during those sales they have) a year to me. Random PC Game, Flight Club, Unprofessional Fridays is really just frosting on the cake (delicious frosting :D).

Maybe it helps that I have less and less time these days for daily 2 hour shows.

#49 Edited by Hardtarget (253 posts) -

@tycobb: your avatar choice is making me uncomfortable

#50 Posted by TyCobb (1973 posts) -

@tycobb: your avatar choice is making me uncomfortable

Great minds think alike. =)