Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks
Sony certainly crack me up -

Sony Computer Entertainment boss Kaz Hirai has dismissed Microsoft and Nintendo as competitors because he sees PlayStation as the "official" industry leader.

"This is not meant in terms of numbers, or who's got the biggest install base, or who's selling most in any particular week or month, but I'd like to think that we continue official leadership in this industry," Hirai told Official PlayStation Magazine.

"It's difficult to talk about Nintendo, because we don't look at their console as being a competitor. They're a different world, and we operate in our world - that's the kind of way I look at things.

"And with the Xbox - again, I can't come up with one word to fit. You need a word that describes something that lacks longevity," he added with a laugh.

Brandishing Sony's commitment to The Ten Year Plan, Hirai said he wants customers to feel confident their PlayStation console will not "fall by the wayside in five years" - a milestone Microsoft has yet to overcome, he pointed out.

"And," offered Hirai, "unless things go really bad, there's no way that at the end of a life cycle our competition is going have a higher install base."

Hirai also addressed the complex architecture of the PS3, which developers have openly struggled to get to grips with.

"We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?" explained Hirai.

He picked God of War to show gameplay changing during long life of the PS2, and said that sort of learning curve will be the same with PS3.

"So it's a kind of - I wouldn't say a double-edged sword - but it's hard to program for, and a lot of people see the negatives of it, but if you flip that around, it means the hardware has a lot more to offer," he said.

Wrapping things up, Hirai said the PlayStation 3 "won't radically change" over the next few years in the same way the New Xbox Experience revamped the competition.

He hopes PlayStation Home will help there, by growing to a point where one type of consumer buys the PS3 solely for the virtual world, before discovering that there are are some games on the games console.

"We want to expand the demographics from just a videogaming audience to something that's a little bit more massive," Hirai concluded.
"

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Gizmo

Oh god, it's like 3 primary school kids in the playground comparing dick-size.

DXSSI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By DXSSI

And one of them is a girl, and she STILL insists she has the biggest penis of them all.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Rowr

o god they are back to this again?

Its been a while since i heard the arrogance, they were really fucking bad for a while there, and then they had seemed to have gotten wiser about this in the last year or so.

At the end of ten years they might have a higher install base than the 360 :\

but thats not going to mean shit since Microsoft will be pushing the xbox 720 now is it.

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Manachild
Rowr said:
but thats not going to mean shit since Microsoft will be pushing the xbox 720 now is it."
Terrible console name :s "720" ugh
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rowr
Manachild said:
"Rowr said:
but thats not going to mean shit since Microsoft will be pushing the xbox 720 now is it."
Terrible console name :s "720" ugh"
YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN YOU TROLL!

IMA CALLING YOU OUT MANA.
coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By coakroach
Gizmo said:
"Oh god, it's like 3 primary school kids in the playground comparing dick-size."
NO U!
Avatar image for wallacethegreat
WallacetheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By WallacetheGreat
Rowr said:
"Manachild said:
"Rowr said:

IMA CALLING YOU OUT MANA."
Oh Lawdy, the Aussies are having a civil war......

Just pretend they are Kangaroos...
Just pretend they are Kangaroos...
Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Manachild
Rowr said:
"Manachild said:
"Rowr said:

IMA CALLING YOU OUT MANA."
No u!
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rowr
No Caption Provided
Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Manachild
Wat nao rowr
Wat nao rowr
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rowr
Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Manachild
Lets see it do this, scrub.
Lets see it do this, scrub.
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By PureRok
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Linkyshinks

Hey hey here, PS3..fanboys and X Box fanboys, should unite in lol at this story, not troll.

(attempting to sound Presidential)

Avatar image for wallacethegreat
WallacetheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#16  Edited By WallacetheGreat
Linkyshinks said:
"Hey hey here, PS3..fanboys and X Box fanboys, should unite in lol at this story, not troll.

(attempting to sound Presidential)

"
One thing I've learned: Don't get between two Australians during a console war. It's best to just ride this one out...
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rowr
Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

I see were he's coming from, and I like the long lifespan that Sony has given the PS3. 

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Linkyshinks

lol, if that's a genuine ad.

TheJadeAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheJadeAngel

Now now take ya hands of your swords. We all know the Box wars are over , with both sides having great titles .   Just buy a gaming PC worth 5K and feel good .

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Rowr
Linkyshinks said:
"Hirai also addressed the complex architecture of the PS3, which developers have openly struggled to get to grips with.

"We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?" explained Hirai.
"
I just wanted to quote this by itself.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Linkyshinks

The harder the squeeze, the sweeter the juice?

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Manachild
No Caption Provided
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Linkyshinks
Manachild said:
"
No Caption Provided
"

That shit could put George Foreman out of business. George could end up having to put his gloves on yet again.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Rowr

360 can already cook.

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Manachild
Rowr said:
"360 can already cook.

"
NO U!
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Rowr

/end thread hijack.

note : no wii's were harmed in the making of this thread.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By pause422

That's pretty hilarious. I love how these people do nothing but hurt their systems by doing shit like this, and making themselves look like tools.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By Death_Unicorn

Keep the pictures coming, they're hilarious. :D

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By get2sammyb

LOL Even though this thread has diminished to GameTrailers quality it's still hilarious.

I dunno why Hirai has bothered saying this -- I wish they'd shut up about the 360 entirely and just talk about themselves. I mean, if Sony were only catering to me, they hands-down have the best line-up this year. Why not talk about that?

Oh well.

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Manachild
get2sammyb said:
"LOL Even though this thread has diminished to GameTrailers quality it's still hilarious.

I dunno why Hirai has bothered saying this -- I wish they'd shut up about the 360 entirely and just talk about themselves. I mean, if Sony were only catering to me, they hands-down have the best line-up this year. Why not talk about that?

Oh well."
maybe you knew it was all a ruse
lol
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Rowr
Manachild said:
"get2sammyb said:
"LOL Even though this thread has diminished to GameTrailers quality it's still hilarious.

Oh well."
maybe you knew it was all a ruse
lol
"
Dont tell them! It ruins the joke.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By get2sammyb
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Rowr

Aaron Greenburg said:

"This sounds like an old hardware company that’s comfortable with its market position. That complacent attitude is out of touch with where the industry and consumer is today. This generation won’t be won over just hardware specs, but who can out-innovate when it comes to online and software. This is the kind of stuff that’s in our DNA, and frankly moves the console war onto our home court.

I’m confident we will outsell the PS3 throughout the entire generation by providing more innovation and building the best and broadest games library while growing our entertainment experiences on the leading online network. With a U.S. install base lead now of more than 7 million units (according to NPD), I can’t imagine any scenario where the PS3 can catch up with us. In fact, even if you doubled the current PS3 sales and Xbox 360 remained flat, they couldn’t close the gap until 2014.

."
Not nearly as funny.

I gotta agree with the remark about "complacent attitude"
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By brukaoru

This thread is hilarious and full of win. Cheers to Rowr and Manachild, epic fighting is epic.

On topic though, it's been quite a while since Sony has made such absurd statements, but I guess they wanted to start 2009 by calling out Microsoft and Nintendo. I thought they would have stopped it and focused on themselves. Aah, Sony.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#36  Edited By LordAndrew

They are focusing on themselves and their system. "Our system's hard to program for now, and all our developers hate us for that, but just you wait! A few years from now if they haven't given up on our system, people will figure out what they're doing, and it will make all our current games look like shit!"
Yes, I'm paraphrasing. XD

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PureRok
LordAndrew said:
"They are focusing on themselves and their system. "Our system's hard to program for now, and all our developers hate us for that, but just you wait! A few years from now if they haven't given up on our system, people will figure out what they're doing, and it will make all our current games look like shit!"
Yes, I'm paraphrasing. XD"
Yes, but your paraphrasing makes it even more funny.
Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Bulldog19892

Wow. I've never seen such baseless arrogance. "So yeah, we're better even though the 360 has better graphics, better games, a nicer controller, and a lower price, and the Wii has a much bigger fanbase and is outselling us by millions. But we're better. Yeah." He gives the reason of "longevity", and that "'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?". Oh, I don't know, focus on making great games instead of trying to figure out how to make them?

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By granderojo

I love my PS3.

I love my 360.

I do not love my Wii.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Haha I think the guy is smart about the whole 10 year plan even though a little cocky, but hey you need confidence to survive in this business.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Is it just me, or has Sony become the complete asshole of the industry? Everyone knows one of those really obnoxious dickheads that is really cocky of themself, and since you don't want to have to deal with it, you just nod along?

That's Sony right now, or at least whoever wrote this thing.