Community Arill Fools Day Joke Idea's

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

If you've been asleep for the last ten days, you might not have noticed that it's March, and that makes the next month April, which begins with April Fools day. With giant bomb being such a community based website, I was thinking it would be cool if the whole community came together and did a big April fools joke together.

My initial thoughts are that we could all work together on a really detailed wiki page about a game that doesn't exist, and then on April 1st post links to it on neoGAF and forums on other websites to try and fool people (or at the very least give them a laugh). We could even submit it to the news email addresses of other game websites, although it's a bit of a long shot that they'll fall for it, with it being April Fools day, but I suppose it's worth a shot.

But this is just an idea, I'm sure some of you guys have better idea's of what we could do, so let's have a brainstorming forum thread to bounce around some idea's of what we could do, so post what you think we could do for April fools day.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

GiantBomb becomes a Wii Fanboy Site. Count me in.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By damswedon

change every game page to say

this game sucks because it does not contain both funky student & hamburgers

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Wolverine
MattyFTM said:
"If you've been asleep for the last ten days, you might not have noticed that it's March, and that makes the next month April, which begins with April Fools day. With giant bomb being such a community based website, I was thinking it would be cool if the whole community came together and did a big April fools joke together. My initial thoughts are that we could all work together on a really detailed wiki page about a game that doesn't exist, and then on April 1st post links to it on neoGAF and forums on other websites to try and fool people (or at the very least give them a laugh). We could even submit it to the news email addresses of other game websites, although it's a bit of a long shot that they'll fall for it, with it being April Fools day, but I suppose it's worth a shot. But this is just an idea, I'm sure some of you guys have better idea's of what we could do, so let's have a brainstorming forum thread to bounce around some idea's of what we could do, so post what you think we could do for April fools day."
I really like the idea. There are some media outlets that report things without doing much research and it would be so funny if they reported our fake game. I'm in!
Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Drebin_893

Everyone change their name Red.

It would be funny, maybe even the staff would do it.
tokyochicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By tokyochicken

LOL I like the whole idea of mailing the game page to some news outlet or something. 

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JJOR64
damswedon said:
"change every game page to say

"
I like this one.  lol            Or the GiantBomb staffers could do an April Fools podcast about hamburgers or "Super Hamburgerman" game coming out.
BrickRoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By BrickRoad

Gigantic GiantBomb Fighter II Turbo Championship Edition High Def Remix. Or GGBFIITCEHDR. It's a JRPG/Fighter/Dating Sim/Puzzle Game. Only for the Ipod Touch.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By FlipperDesert
Wolverine said:
"MattyFTM said:
"If you've been asleep for the last ten days, you might not have noticed that it's March, and that makes the next month April, which begins with April Fools day. With giant bomb being such a community based website, I was thinking it would be cool if the whole community came together and did a big April fools joke together. My initial thoughts are that we could all work together on a really detailed wiki page about a game that doesn't exist, and then on April 1st post links to it on neoGAF and forums on other websites to try and fool people (or at the very least give them a laugh). We could even submit it to the news email addresses of other game websites, although it's a bit of a long shot that they'll fall for it, with it being April Fools day, but I suppose it's worth a shot. But this is just an idea, I'm sure some of you guys have better idea's of what we could do, so let's have a brainstorming forum thread to bounce around some idea's of what we could do, so post what you think we could do for April fools day."
I really like the idea. There are some media outlets that report things without doing much research and it would be so funny if they reported our fake game. I'm in!"
A SEGA-produced rhythm game like Parappa the Rappa, only with Knuckles as the protagonist rapping his way up to the top of "the game" to win the seven fragments of the master emerald back?

... I dunno, I'm low on ideas right now. Getting a fake game across the grapevine would be awesome, though.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By RHCPfan24

The ideas I hear are great, and I love this concept overall. Especially the Wii-centered stuff, lol.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By FlipperDesert
RHCPfan24 said:
"The ideas I hear are great, and I love this concept overall. Especially the Wii-centered stuff, lol."
Oh, Knuckles' happenin' hip-hop adventure would be on the Wii, of course. It'd be released alongside an Amy dating sim on the DS marketed for girls. And did somebody mention new characters!?
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
damswedon said:
"change every game page to say

"
My initial thoughts were something along these lines, but I wasn't sure if the mods or staff would like the site being vandalized beyond recognition, even if it was only for one day. I figured a page for a fake game just for one day would be much further within the realms of acceptability, heck, I'm sure the staffers have their own plans for April Fools Jokes on the editorial side, I'm sure they won't mind us having a little bit of fun on the wiki side, although your idea might be taking it a little too far.
shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By shadows_kill

wait so where doing pranks on other sites not on others here? alright...

Foil1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Foil1212

I endorse this thread.

Retrogimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Retrogimp

That video on one of the other forums about a dancing/ real-time strategy game featuring Stalin and martians could be the fake game? lol But it's probs a bit too ludicrous for even our purposes hehe.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
Retrogimp said:
"That video on one of the other forums about a dancing/ real-time strategy game featuring Stalin and martians could be the fake game? lol But it's probs a bit too ludicrous for even our purposes hehe."
That stalin Vs. martians game is real. I think.
Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By Endogene
MattyFTM said:
"Retrogimp said:
"That video on one of the other forums about a dancing/ real-time strategy game featuring Stalin and martians could be the fake game? lol But it's probs a bit too ludicrous for even our purposes hehe."
That stalin Vs. martians game is real. I think. "
100 percent real that one.
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By OmegaPirate

What about a satire like game in which you play as a merchant type character a la resi 4 -and your game objective is to traverse through multiple game universes in order to give equuipment and ammo to the 'heroes' of video games,  - - and the better your cockney accent the more you can charge

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By breadfan

We could all give SmugDarkLoser +1's for a change

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Death_Burnout

As much as i think April Fools day is stupid as Ryan does.

I would of liked tricking the staff who actually work here via some stupid page or topic in the forums...but that is now screwed.

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By thordain

hmm.....I like it, I'm in. False page all the way.

Retrogimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By Retrogimp
Endogene said:
"MattyFTM said:
"Retrogimp said:
That stalin Vs. martians game is real. I think. "
100 percent real that one. "
Seriously? lol Awesome. I'll need to look out for it haha.