If I may have everyone's attention for a few minutes please. As most of you will be aware the team of moderators here at Giant Bomb has always been split into two groups, Wiki specific mods and Forum specific mods.
That will all be changed at some point later today or by tomorrow. All moderators will now be considered "Community Moderators" and be granted full permissions and power to help moderate in both the wiki and forum areas of the site. This means all users may now contact any of the below listed moderators about both wiki and forum related issues or questions they may have.
We've decided to do this for two main reasons I'll list in my ever favourite form, bullet points!
- The current team of mods has been under quite a bit of pressure lately and we genuinely needed some extra hands on deck to deal with our duties in both the wiki & forum aspects of moderation. We felt this was the best method of lifting some of that pressure.
- The community shouldn't have to keep being redirected between various groups of moderators when they have an issue to raise. If they contact a single moderator then that individual mod should be able and allowed to deal with the issue raised.
So now I'm sure a number of you are curious about what this means for the community itself, I'm sure a number of you will have questions you want answered. So once again I'll make good with the bullet points and list off a few things I imagine most of you will be curious about!
- Will the site be moderated more strictly now? - Short answer is NO. Long answer is that by having more eyes to look out for problems and more people being able to handle them then those problems should be resolved quicker. And those problems should be noticed quicker. The rules of the site identified in the Site Rules & FAQs sticky stay the same after this announcement.
- But do keep in mind any changes to those rules will be done so without prior notice or warning, so keep that topic bookmarked and check it out regularly! :)
- I see there are now 12 Community Moderators, how do I contact them all? -Use the following link to....
- Will you be bringing on any new mods? - Again the short answer is YES. We are always open to bringing on new mods as and when we feel is necessary. We may do this in the coming weeks as we evaluate recent changes here and there.
- HOW DO I BE MOD!?!111!? - By not breaking our rules, by helping out other users around the site, by being active and involved with the community. And ultimately by showing to us that you can be trusted. We don't just pick anybody, we pick only the best of the best of the best! (MiB reference ftw!)
Any other questions or concerns then do please reply to this topic and leave a comment. We'll get round to answering them ASAP!