Community podcast?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Think there's already at least... 2-3 community podcasts going. Not saying you shouldn't start another of course, just... y'know, others do in fact exist.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#3 gamer_152  Moderator

Yeah, the search functionality on the forums has been broken for quite some time. Until it's fixed you'll probably want to use Google for that kind of thing. I'm not going to tell you not to try and start your own podcast, but right now there are already community podcasts on the site like The Mighty Electronic Box or Bombs Launched and there have been others in the past.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By mracoon

If you check out the weekly Community Spotlight that's pinned to the top of the forums they're usually listed there.

chemystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

I thought it was going to be a podcast about the show Community. I was both confused and excited.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

There's a few, but I haven't seen any recent updates to them.

I'd be interested in doing one, though, at some point. I've got decent equipment and it'd give me an excuse to actually use it.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By cornbredx

There is one already that is done regularly (recent episode was 3 days ago), but if you want to start one don't let it dissuade you. Just saying.

I do a yearly Giantbomb GOTY podcast with some peeps from this community but last years disappeared into the ether somewhere.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By wrighteous86

I don't think many of the existing ones get many listeners, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try (as long as that's not why you're doing it). It can be fun and a good learning experience. Go for it!

Hell, I'm pretty sure @dannyodwyer was a fan of my Giant Bomb Xtreme Girl Advice Line for the short time I did it with my girlfriend (before he became "Giant Bomb famous"). It was a fun thing for us to do together that we might give a shot more regularly once she moves in with me in a few months.

Basically... do it. Act on your interests. What's the harm?