Community Stream channel?

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By PufferFiz

Some think I like to do is stream some games for my friends, I chat with them on my mic while I go through it, Kind of like the endurance run or a quicklook style format.
 So I was wondering how people feel if we had a channel that users could take turns playing their games and discussion. I use livestream, and it is very easy to add people to a channel, So when it is their turn all they have to do it start the broadcast.  Current gen consoles, or any nondisk based system. would need a cap card which can be pricey. But Pc games and emus need nothing but the game disk.
So what do you guys think?

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By PufferFiz

really no one? I thought this was a good idea ;_;

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Daryl

Rather just play some games.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PufferFiz
@Daryl said:
" Rather just play some games. "
well what is the difference between this and the quicklooks? it is the same concept and gb makes about 5 a week. You could say the same thing about ql's you could go play the game, or watch them discuss it, which ends up being funny and entertaining.
PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PufferFiz

I don't Understand why there are no comments. here is a way to show others cool games that may not be getting the attention they deserve, or bring back a classic title to remember on. As I said before anyone can do it. Every day there are threads about clans or bg groups, Here is another opportunity to strengthen the community. And it is easy to do and to join in.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Azteck

A lot of factors decide whether it would be entertaining to watch for me. 

Obviously the "host" is what matters most, if he can pull off keeping it interesting with a commentary, I could check it out. Then there are things like what games they play. Are they going to live stream themselves playing MW2 online for two hours while raging about their teammates? I'd really not be interested in that. Or are they going to be playing all the latest games? Some of them interest me but mostly I just go out and play the game myself. 

I prefer it when they play more obscure games. I once watched a guy play through some weird-ass Japanese game I had never heard of, and found it very enjoyable. Largely because of the commentary the guy held while playing. He took questions from the viewers and stuff like that, made jokes about how bizarre it was and so on.

I can see myself checking it out, but they generally cannot keep my attention for long. And what makes the quick looks often so hilarious is the interaction between the two people in front of the TV. Have you watched the quick look Jeff did alone, and compared it to one of the quick looks with three people in it? There's a huge difference in the humor and the commentary. And since the person streaming would end up playing alone, it could end up pretty dull.

There really is no way of saying how successful it would be as so many things play into it. And a lot of people do not find watching other people play games that interesting. Which obviously would make it pretty useless for them.

Those are just my two cents. Obviously you can't rely on ONLY my opinion, I'd have to slap you if you did.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PufferFiz
@Azteck said:
" A lot of factors decide whether it would be entertaining to watch for me.   Obviously the "host" is what matters most, if he can pull off keeping it interesting with a commentary, I could check it out. Then there are things like what games they play. Are they going to live stream themselves playing MW2 online for two hours while raging about their teammates? I'd really not be interested in that. Or are they going to be playing all the latest games? Some of them interest me but mostly I just go out and play the game myself.   I prefer it when they play more obscure games. I once watched a guy play through some weird-ass Japanese game I had never heard of, and found it very enjoyable. Largely because of the commentary the guy held while playing. He took questions from the viewers and stuff like that, made jokes about how bizarre it was and so on.  I can see myself checking it out, but they generally cannot keep my attention for long. And what makes the quick looks often so hilarious is the interaction between the two people in front of the TV. Have you watched the quick look Jeff did alone, and compared it to one of the quick looks with three people in it? There's a huge difference in the humor and the commentary. And since the person streaming would end up playing alone, it could end up pretty dull.   There really is no way of saying how successful it would be as so many things play into it. And a lot of people do not find watching other people play games that interesting. Which obviously would make it pretty useless for them.Those are just my two cents. Obviously you can't rely on ONLY my opinion, I'd have to slap you if you did. "
No it would deffintly be different games and not just mw2 online. honestly I have no more interest in MW2 so I would not be streaming that. I am more into sharing games that people either have forgotin or never heard of, Or small games that need attention. In all I hope that there would be a verity of different games. At least on my end I would be the only one talking, But with I interact with the audience. And of course nothing will be like a jeff and ryan quick look. But I hope the people that stream can make it interesting with their commentary/jokes and what not.