Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By LackLuster

I don't have any CoH games so I was wondering if it was good to just start with this one.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By artofwar420

I really like the original, but it's up to you, generally ( I haven't bought this one) the campaigns tend to get smaller (not necessarily bad), so if you're looking for the single player experience get the first one, the second expansion also has a good campaign, the new races are quite innovative and offer a different way of playing. But of course, the real meat is the multiplayer, so you should look what races (countries), look appealing to you and get the games/expansions that have them, I remember these races:

1. Americans (Original game)
  2. Germans (Original game)
  3. British ( Opposing Fronts)
  4. Panzer Command (Opposing Fronts)

The latest stand-alone expansion doesn't add any new races, so I'm unsure as to what races it will have. If I'm not mistaken, it will have the same races as Opposing Fronts, with new gameplay content. You know writing this has made me want to buy this. But I might wait to see if it drops in price.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Geno

The second one (Opposing Fronts) is by far the best out of all of them. The first one was bland and the third one seems to lack content (I don't think it's worth it at $30). However Steam's currently selling a COH pack for $40 for all 3, so I would get that. Opposing Fronts alone is worth it.

Avatar image for theworstplayerever
TheWorstPlayerEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Opposing Fronts is the best version as it adds two new factions. This most recent expansion just adds a couple of new units, maps and modes for multiplayer and 3 new but short single player campaigns. I would say just get the Opposing Fronts or maybe the Gold Edition package which has the original plus Opposing Fronts