#1 Posted by blueneurosis (98 posts) -

I've been staring at this empty spot in my room, a vertical nook about 12~15" wide and about four feet tall, and I can't help but imagine some kind of rack that could organize various handhelds (and, ideally, their charge cables).

Has anyone done something like this before?

I'm thinking of two strips of wall mounted standards, then a soft padded hook of some kind on each strip so you can slip the handheld into place.

#2 Posted by GreggD (4489 posts) -

As long as you build the rack to spec for particular handhelds, I say go for it. I'd love something like that in my den.

#3 Edited by BisonHero (6451 posts) -

#4 Posted by blueneurosis (98 posts) -

@bisonhero: I've had that film in mind for a few days now. Ed O'Neill staring death rays into the camera...

#5 Posted by Toxin066 (3282 posts) -

@bisonhero: Came here just to post that. Carry on, duder.

#6 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

Yup, some metal railings and hooks would do the trick. Real easy, probably would only take a couple minutes to install actually.

Also, you could pick up the necessary stuff at a Home Depot or any hardware store really. I say you go do this experiment and post your results, pictures of your game rack could be cool.

#7 Posted by bobafettjm (1459 posts) -

The instant I got done reading the thread title I immediately thought of the scene from Wayne's World.

#8 Posted by JasonR86 (9657 posts) -

Great minds. Came in here just to post this.

#9 Posted by coakroach (2490 posts) -

This is my 3DS.

There are many like it but this one is mine.

#10 Posted by blueneurosis (98 posts) -

@clonedzero: It may take a few days, but I'll try an post whatever I come up with.

@coakroach said:

This is my 3DS.

There are many like it but this one is mine.

You only have to worry when you start giving them names.