Truant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Truant19

Hey guys,

Currently I own a great gaming PC, a ps3, wii, ds, and a psp. I use my PC and ps3 99% of the time, and for a while I have wanted to get a 360 because I really dont like ps3 multiplayer. But I am conflicted, last night I went over to a buddies house who just got a 360, and we played some ODST and it looked and played terribly, we turned it off after an hour or so and played some ME2 instead (I dont want to troll here, just my opinion).

So here are my questions, is the multiplayer on 360 better enough then the ps3 to justify paying $300+live? The ps3, in almost every game has 80% of people with no mics, and the guys who have it, you cant even under stand . I have never played a online ps3 game with any sort of team work, (except maybe uncharted 2 online), but really I might as well be playing with AI, cuz I cant tell.

Secondly, is reach going to look better then ODST? I always thought that halo 3 looked good, but I had never seen it in person before, and I couldnt even handle it. The animations voice acting was luaghable bad. Its a big deal for me that reach is good, because reach its the system seller for me.

and Lastly, is there enough exclusives on the 360 that I need it? Really the only ones I cant think of that arnt on PC or PS3 that I want are fable 3 and reach. (I dont care about GOW)

I really really do want a 360, and I finally have the oppurtunity, but I am just scared I will be disapointed and regret spending all that money.

Thanks guys,

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By WickedCestus

You won't find any more teamwork on the 360. I have one and I agree, there aren't many exclusives. I'd stick to one console and spend your money on games. That's what I do.

Goldanas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Goldanas
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Azteck

Considering that you already own a great gaming PC, and a PS3 as well as a Wii, I'd say you're pretty set. I mean, most 360 exclusives eventually find their way onto PC's or the PS3. As for the social aspects, you have your consoles. And let's be honest, online gaming on the PC is superior to any console.

I love my 360, but you seem to have all you need.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By c1337us

Yes you should. There are enough good exclusives on that console that make ti worth owning to experience. Regardless of whether you wanted it for the multi-player aspect (which shouldn't be the reason you get one.)

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By mazik765

Is 360 as whole way better than the PS3? Enough so to justify buying a new system? Nope

Is it a fun system with great online and some solid exclusives? Yup

I don't know what version of ODST you were playing, but the game looks fine in every XBox I have ever put it into. But yes, Halo: Reach looks way better.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

Look into exclusives that people don't talk about because it isn't an ip that was marketable. 

Look into exclusives people do talk about and see if they are for you. 

Online I heard was simpler but the community might be worse since more people own it.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By ravensword

The thing is that owning both a 360 and a PS3 isnt really needed as much anymore really. I mean, if money isnt a issue, I would totaly say get it so you can get teh exclusvies and online and all that, but if your worried that you wont find many exclusives or whatever, and you own a decent gaming PC to boot, maybe it wouldnt be the best idea. Thats mainly because you said you owned a PC. If you only owned a PS3, I would probaly easily so go ahead and get the 360.   

I personaly own both a PS3 and a 360, but I also dont own a decent PC that could run games these days.
Truant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Truant19

Do the scale the graphics wayyyyy down in co-op? That would make sense then, or maybe it was because I was drunk, haha

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By EpicSteve

Go ahead if you got the moneys.

Inferno100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Inferno100

Don't waste your money, it's not worth it. 
Just my opinion.
one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By one_2nd
@Truant19: Trust me, it all comes down to one question: Do you have friends on xbox? Imo the only thing that makes an Xbox better than a PS3 is the party chat and a few other online services, other than that the PS3 is better in every category. However if the answer to your question is yes, Xbox really is a lot of fun. I've had some really great nights on XBL because of the party chat feature.
animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By animateria

If you like PC FPSes.. well....

Stick to PC. 

No matter how good an FPS is on the console, it's just not as good as the PC ones.

Best way to decide if you want a console is to make a list. (Okay I admit I love lists... they are awesome!)

Make a list of games that you would buy from the launch of the console until today.

And then make a list of games you are looking forward to.

If you think the list is sizable enough to justify a purchase of a new console. Do it.

najibu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By najibu

I have both consoles and I love the 360 to death. That said, I think it's enough to have a single console. Sure, you might not be able to play a few 360 exclusives, but you could be buying a whole lot more ps3 games with the money that you would have spent on a single console.  

But if you really have to, go for the cheaper arcade SKU.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#16  Edited By Yummylee

Just get one anyway if you have the possibility.

SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By SumDeus

Whichever console you have friends to play with, stick with it.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Ramone

The only real advantage the 360 has over the PS3 is the multiplayer and party elements, so really I would only recommend getting a 360 if your friends have 360s and they play on them regularly.

Bigassturd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bigassturd

Well consider it done if you want a loud lobby.  
But this time you WILL understand them because 75% of xbl owners are children with a rich family

Truant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Truant19

all my friends have ps3, but we almost never play together because there is no point. The chat doesn't work, partys are always breaking up, invitations take for ever to send out, most of the time there will be 3 of us playing MW2, but were all just playing in our own games own cuz its easier.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21  Edited By carlthenimrod

More consoles > more games > more fun

All depends on how much money you are willing to blow. I don't play my PS3 much, but I'm glad I have it for MLB The Show, love that game.

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Burns098356GX

The online on Live is largely similar to PS3. The only real difference is that the Live features are better intergrated into the games, and because mics come with a new xbox you'll hear chatter more frequently (which can be a bad thing). ODST wasn't overly well received so I wouldn't judge Live on that game solely.

defaulttag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By defaulttag
@Truant19: you said you play PC games as well? i'm assuming over Steam, such as MW2? I don't recommend buying a 360+live just for that. if you have a gaming PC, multiplayer is fine. Get the 360 if you want console exclusives such as Gears of War 2 and 3, Halo 3 and/or Halo Reach, Fable Series (note Fable 3 will be on PC). tbh, you already have everything you need. multiplatforms come out for PS3 and most of the time PC as well. 
BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By BunkerBuster
@Truant19:  All of those questions can be summed up with a strong "no". By all means get a 360 if you want Reach or any other Xbox only game just know that the grass is not greener on this side.
MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

#25  Edited By MormonWarrior

I'd say probably not, unless Halo, Mass Effect, and Gears are really appealing to you. I promise, the online community isn't that much better with headsets. I've had good luck with Left 4 Dead and Uno, but most of the time it's kids with foul mouths or nobody talks at all.

Xbox 360 parties work really well, though. I'd say your best bet is to look at the games that seem most appealing and figure out if they're worth the extra money. A hint: Elite 360's are being sold for a song right now because of how many people want to upgrade to the slimmer model.

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#26  Edited By TobyD81

If you're really concerned about good multiplayer communications, everyone having headsets doesn't necessarily rectify the problem. Comms on 360 can still be pretty bad: either people don't talk to each other or they blabber about random BS. Only playing with a group of team-focused players will help that. I'm not saying you shouldn't get a 360 (cuz I think you should) but it should be because it has games you want to play.

ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ShaunassNZ

Stick to PC, you have a console for games not on PC or get a shoody port, just put more money into your PC. I have a 360 and PC and enjoy it, I might get a PS3 but might not get much out of it.

FullmetalPopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FullmetalPopo

I'm a huge halo fan and I think ODST was a joke. And the PS3 has better graphics but the online for the 360 is a bit better. But reach should be good and the exclusives are pretty fun. I've played lots of both and I find the xbox more fun and the ps3 just better because of the graphics. But since you already have all of those things the 360 would be a good addition to you're collection of consoles. And the 360 party chat is amazing and the online link up is so easy. I've rarely lost a game or had a party disrupted because of other people playing games or us being in the same game. The xbox is more of a better online experience more than like a graphics engine

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By SSully

You have a PC and you are looking to play multiplayer? Your needs are set there. And i dont understand your whole mics dont worry, and other complaints. Multiplayer works fine on PS3 and this is coming from someone who plays most games on PC. The only thing that bugs me is its not one unified system like steam, battle.net, or xbox live.