#1 Posted by Bankrotas (46 posts) -

So I'm planning to get something for get together with my friends that isn't boardgames (have enough of those) and I remember having fun at friends place drinking beer and playing tekken 5. So I turn to you, dear forum posters, to help me decide what to get (both which console and what games). It doesn't have to be new generation stuff, I even would prefer something of old classic than new stuff probably.

Thus, in light of this information, what would you suggest to get.

P.s. I so want some beer at the moment...

#2 Posted by MightyDuck (1524 posts) -

As far as "classics" go, I don't think you can go wrong with some NBA Jam. That is a game I still revisit back on my Genesis. Although, the PS3/360 version is pretty good too.

#3 Posted by MocBucket62 (1259 posts) -

Get an N64 and get games like the first Smash Bros or Mario Kart 64. I also suggest a GameCube for Smash Bros Melee or Soul Calibur 2 if you want more advanced tech.

#4 Posted by Toxeia (725 posts) -

Uhh... Double Fine Happy Action Theater? Assuming there will be alcohol at this gathering.

#5 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -

TMNT on the NES. All of them. You'll find out who your true friends are.

#6 Posted by DoctorDanger99 (686 posts) -

Rock band or guitar hero is probly the best party game of all time. id also throw in mario kart for the n64, or a street fighter game. cant go wrong with marvel vs capcom.also, POWER STONE!

#7 Posted by doobie (605 posts) -

the best game i ever played with a bunch of friends just involved a biscuit.

#8 Posted by EuanDewar (5098 posts) -
@doobie

the best game i ever played with a bunch of friends just involved a biscuit.

Lol you should totes just play soggy biscuit for hours, do some hardcore bonding
#9 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8605 posts) -

Smash Bros Brawl for the Wii with 4 NGC controllers is pure fun.
Donkey Konga or any of the Guitar Heroes is also cool.
Halo 3/ODST/Reach is also good co op fun.