Console gamers, are you getting a gaming PC in the near future?

• 74 results
MiasmaFett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By MiasmaFett

So what sort of sytems are people running i personally invested in:

Coolermaster Haf x tower

8Gb of corsair vengance DDR3 Ram

Intel core i7 2600 k

corsair 1200 w psu

2 Gtx580's in sli

126 gb Solid state drive 1tb hard drive

Came to about £1800 i spent a hell of alot on it but i am loving the thing !

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By kingzetta

no that would be a waste of money

Scottish_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#53  Edited By Scottish_Sin

Been mainly a console gamer my whole life but I've decided to take the plunge into PC gaming to experience that side of the spectrum. Should have my new rig within a month or so and I'm really looking forward to having the best of both worlds.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By fjordson

Not sure yet. Mostly fine with consoles for now. If new hardware isn't anywhere in sight for 2012 then I might grab a mid-range rig.

Only game that I really want a PC for is Diablo 3, though there's a ton of rumours out there about that coming to consoles...so we'll see.

Avatar image for bam_d_leprechaun
Bam_D_Leprechaun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By Bam_D_Leprechaun

Both 360 and PC, i even have multiple copies of some games (Dragon Age, L4D, Battlefield, Just Cause 2, Dead Space 2, Skyrim)

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By Christoffer

Who's winnig? I'm already a converted PC gamer so I wont vote.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By RsistncE

Notice how there's never a thread that asks if PC gamers are going to move to consoles in the near future? lol console gaming

RickJames123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By RickJames123

This gen's consoles are starting to piss me off, but no I'll probably just wait it out til next gen. Computers are too much management

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By Dixavd

While I am seriously happy with my console gaming (actually this year as been my favourite year ever for the medium) I have wanted (and am finally able) to get a Gaming PC for over a year. I found out I had about £750 in my old childs savings account (which is about $1, 160, I rounded it since I rounded the original number) which was such a fantastic thing to find out. While I will continue to play on consoles (as there are still a lot of exclusives I would love to play in the future) the games I can play on PC (in particular the indie scene, which my current computer can't even handle) are seem better made, and has a more diverse range (Even if its exclusives are a bit lacking lately, its versions of console games are finally big enough for it to be worth it. So looking forward to it.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#60  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@MiasmaFett said:

So what sort of sytems are people running i personally invested in:

Coolermaster Haf x tower

8Gb of corsair vengance DDR3 Ram

Intel core i7 2600 k

corsair 1200 w psu

2 Gtx580's in sli

126 gb Solid state drive 1tb hard drive

Came to about £1800 i spent a hell of alot on it but i am loving the thing !

....Jesus H. Christ.
Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By Doctorchimp

Yes. I'm just waiting for a bit more while I bum off my room mate's PC.

This generation has definitely soured me on consoles. Do I want to go through 3 360s again? Nah. PC is it from now on.

Until the slim consoles come put next gen and the exclusives are in the bargain bin.

MiasmaFett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By MiasmaFett

@AhmadMetallic: i know its a lot of money to spend but the amount of enjoyment i have got out of it already i feel it was worth it. Not even a smidgen of buyers remorse!

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By Andorski

I'm considering building one within the next month after hearing the Tested crew talk about how putting a gaming PC in the living room is like having next-generation consoles today. After seeing development teams treat PC ports with poor regard earlier this generation, games like Saints Row: The Third is (hopefully) a sign that there is a big push for equality when making multiplatform games. As long as they keep that up, I'll gladly stick with PC gaming for a while.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Arker101

Only when 2 conditions are met.

1. My friends also get gaming PCs.

2. I have income.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#65  Edited By GreggD

Yes, because I already have one, but it's an outdated piece of trash.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#66  Edited By Vinny_Says

Seeing as how the minute Activision announces the next gen call of duty new console sales will explode, I'm just going to wait for the next gen and not worry about low sales and subsequent lack of new games....

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#67  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@Xtrememuffinman: I can't think of really any game that you can't play with a gamepad on PC pretty easily... And... As for too many keys, I'm going to let that one go for the most part, but wow...

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#68  Edited By benspyda

Probably not. I'll wait for the next gen consoles. My current rig will play Diablo III fine and there is nothing really exclusive to pc this year that looks worth it.

DemonGinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By DemonGinger

Today PC gaming has an advantage over consoles that it never had before, and that is downloadable games at discount prices. When you can get MW3 for 50% off at Steam for holiday sales, one month after release, you know prices are gonna be low. Gaming PC's pay for themselves because of how much you save on games. That's of course only if you're patient enough to wait for sales, if you always buy on the release week then this doesn't apply to you.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By _Zombie_

We could barely afford a $700 labtop that runs Champions Online with minor-to-average(and in extremely populated areas, very heavy) lag. Until I get a pretty decent-paying job, I'm stuck with consoles for most games.

Avatar image for thechronodarkness
thechronodarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can build an amazing rig for less than 400$ today. 8 gigs of ram, a quad core 3.2ghz amd processor, asus motherboard, radeon 6850, blu-ray drive, 500 gig hard drive only costed me 380$.

Seems like the intel processors, granted- a bit more powerful, are the cause for the extreme prices of some pcs. Amd just delivers enough performance, and are wayyyyyy cheaper.

DemonGinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By DemonGinger

@zombiebigfoot: I bought a $700 laptop from HP and it runs Skyrim on Med-High settings with no lag. If you get the right overclocking software you can get a 2.2 gHz AMD up to 2.8 with no issues. For desktops, $700 is a great machine.

Also, I would agree with thechronodarkness in saying that AMD is better for the money. But only Intel can off real high-end stuff.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By _Zombie_

@DemonGinger said:

@zombiebigfoot: I bought a $700 laptop from HP and it runs Skyrim on Med-High settings with no lag. If you get the right overclocking software you can get a 2.2 gHz AMD up to 2.8 with no issues. For desktops, $700 is a great machine.

Also, I would agree with thechronodarkness in saying that AMD is better for the money. But only Intel can off real high-end stuff.

My biggest problem is my graphics card and my RAM. 90% of the games I want can't be played because my graphics card isn't good enough, and my RAM is about 4 gb. And we don't currently have the money to upgrade it, so until I get a job, I'm stuck with what I've got.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#74  Edited By crusader8463

Already a PC guy, but I'm trying to save up to build a new one by summer time. I finally hit that point where I was unable to play a game, LA Noire, so I know it's time to get a new one.

Killer_Babomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Killer_Babomb

Eh, I have been pc gaming since the 90's. Though I have always had a console as well. I love games, I can't bring myself to choose one or the other. Although some genres I do play PC only, shooters, any RPG I have the option of playing etc. Recently I got my wife to make the move, but her a nice rig.

i5 2500k

8GB of ram

1TB hard drive

AMD 5750.

Though it is taking her a bit to adjust, some days she regrets it. Some days she loves it. We both still have consoles, hooked up to our PC monitors as well.

Talksin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#76  Edited By Talksin

Yep, finally going to build my first pc. I'll probably end up buying the next xbox as well.