Console Wars suck in general (Unless we fix it overall)

Xsnipd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Xsnipd

I hate the next generation console wars.

Usually, I am so excited when there is going to be new consoles especially the next generation of consoles (PS4, Xbox One, and yes the WiiU) ,and yet every time I go to a gaming website (IGN, Kotaku, GameTrailers, and yes Youtube) there is always some kind of fanboy war. It could be that the PS4 has the better specs or the Xbox One has a better internet service or even the WiiU say we are backwards compatible to the Wii. Personally, I am okay with the fanboy wars because it is our way, as gamers, that we care about the consoles and it can do wonders for us. However, I don't like it when we trash talk/toxicity to the point when we start harassing other fellow gamers on the web and in real life. To give some reference to my banter, here is an episode of extra credits:

My point is that we should be excited for the consoles but we shouldn't kill and demean each other because we are gamers. Whether you get the PS4, the Xbox One, or even buy the WiiU, just celebrate the community as one whole community not factions in a said imaginary war that the average person doesn't get. They are also the community as well and if you kill each other with hate, then they will quit the game and tell other friends to never be in this gaming community at all. As soon as we declare a winner to this imaginary war, it will be game over for gaming community. So when you argue who has the better next gen console don't troll each other, just play the game and laugh cause we're all in this together as one community.

(Crap, I just made a High School Musical reference.....smh. Whatever, it is what it is.)

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Mrsignerman44

Amen to that, but I think the reason that a console war exists is a bit different than why trash talking exists. I think that in a console war, most people are trying to justify their purchase. Shitting on another console can make it easier to not buy it and just say that your purchase was obviously the right choice when in reality, none of us really know how well the consoles will really stack up to each other at the end of their lifecycles.

Some of us are content with just ignoring all of the great things on another console and just sticking to what we've bought. Other people do the same thing for a different console and from there, trash talking springs up. That definitely has to stop.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

@mrsignerman44 said:

Amen to that, but I think the reason that a console war exists is a bit different than why trash talking exists. I think that in a console war, most people are trying to justify their purchase. Shitting on another console can make it easier to not buy it and just say that your purchase was obviously the right choice when in reality, none of us really know how well the consoles will really stack up to each other at the end of their lifecycles.

Some of us are content with just ignoring all of the great things on another console and just sticking to what we've bought and other people do the same thing for a different console and from there, trash talking springs up. That definitely has to stop.

Ive come to the conclusion that games will more or less look the same on each system with exclusives looking amazing. Nothing will use the consoles full power at the start but that will change over time. Both systems seem to have their own little tricks and tweeks so who knows what will happen in the end. I plan to get a xboxone when it comes out and enjoy it. I plan to get Destiny when it comes out and enjoy it. Why get a Xboxone? Because my friends are on xbox.

I feel this gen will be a repeat of the last gen but with better graphics and hopefully better games.

The only Console "war" I know of is if we get invaded and have to start chucking 360s and PS3s at people.

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a gamer first and foremost. I don't have loyalty to anyone company but that's not to say I don't have favorites. In the span of an evening my girlfriend and I will start playing mario kart 64, move on to snake eater and finish up with a few matches of gears of war .

Ill play anything. As long as I'm not being fucked in the ass to make that happen.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiment. The console wars are really blown out of proportion, this is partially due to a really loud vocal minority saying things to provoke others who don't agree with them. When you get past that seemingly large segment, there are actually reasonable and well articulated people who bring up legitimate thoughts and concerns relating to the industry.

Despite having a few reservations myself, I'm extremely excited for the new consoles. I believe all of us are excited to some extent, whether some say so or not.

Xsnipd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Xsnipd

All of you, thank you for understanding my rant because right now when I look at the comments on every news article/video about the Xbox one , it feels like a warzone of nerds that don't give a shit to other especially by so called *PS4 fanboys (bandwagoners, sometimes) and people that have a xbox but they hate what they see after watching the Xbox reveal. I mean we E3 to decide the fate of these consoles for all that matter.

*I am not trying to demean anyone that loves Sony and the Playstation brand, just sometimes I just don't buy into the typical PS4 fanboy(s) mindset. Same goes for Microsoft, Nintendo, and PC fanboy(s) as well.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If people would just swallow their pride and admit that the Ouya is running away with this contest, the forums would be a much happier place.

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

People gotta justify their purchases!

Xsnipd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Xsnipd

@neoepoch: I understand that people have to justify their purpose on buying it but please don't be a big shot saying "(insert console here) is the shiz and whoever doesn't agree with me, screw you and whine like a little bitch". That is what my whole rant was about which is why I hate this next gen console war unless we can fix the state of mind of the common gamer.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah they're super dumb that was fun back in school but so was eating crayons. That's one of the things I like about this community is that crap is largely absent. The only time it seems to pop up is when the odd PC elitist bonehead wanders in to call people children.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The community here is definitely guilty of this after Tuesday. As much as I wish people would shut up and enjoy the games that simply won't happen. People will always defend their opinion by criticizing other people's.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don't know, we obviously aren't at the 'justifying their purchases' stage yet, so I think it's reasonable to assume that most people are just calling it how they see it. There's not really anything wrong with that or challenging somebody's position as long as it's kept civil (and it usually is here to be fair - it might get a bit pointed, but rarely to the point of just dumb namecalling).

"I think both consoles appear equally good!", "I agree, fellow gamer!" would make for a pretty dull conversation.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Competition makes everyone step up their game, but meh... console trash talk has been around forever. Though it used to be religated to the playground in my day. Now it's just wider and stupider, but at least competition leading to more quality still remains.

Xsnipd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimbo: It's fine to argue, just remember the golden rule in life (like for almost every religion has this rule but I digress about that) and try to keep it tasteful to the fellow gamer. We don't want see use a shotgun of hate on the interwebs especially towards your fellow gamers.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Clonedzero

I hate those fucking little preachy extra credit twits. I wanna punch him in his little snooty face.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kids will always argue about who has the cooler toys, nothing will change that.

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xsnipd: Hey I didn't say anything. I just pointed out one of the biggest reasons why console wars still exist, and probably will never leave.

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love new console cycles, but this one has lasted so long I forgot how annoying all the nonsense is that goes along with them.

Xsnipd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Xsnipd

@neoepoch: I wasn't hurting you, I was saying that make sure you don't become a dick (Wheaton's Law) when justifying your purpose on buying a console. I understand your point, man but I just don't want to see douchebaggery in the console "wars".

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

C64 vs Amiga. Adlib vs SoundBlaster. It never stops.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

We all have a common goal in this community, and that's to have fun and discuss our hobby. It's not worth Isolating your fellow enthusiast. I make a conscious effort to be respectful and sympathize with other's points of view. Unfortunately, this isn't always the case on the Internet . For the most part though, I feel this community is different. There's a general sense of camaraderie here.

I guess this isn't particularly relevant to the conversation, but I thought I'd point that out.

What I mean to say is, while an all out war is ridiculous, I think there's definitely a place for spirited conversations on these subjects. There's no need for any venomous over or undertones. Most of the time, people on the Internet perceive any sort of criticism as persecution. One of the unfortunate and inevitable caveats of this format is that inflections don't easily come across in text.

Maybe when all of our consciousness's are transferred into computers this will cease to be a problem.