#1  Edited By wealllikepie
wealllikepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By wealllikepie

i chose mouse and keyboard cuz the sensitivity is better and A LOT more functions

Disengage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Disengage

I chose controller because that's what I use more often and is better suited for sports and driving games that I play frequently

Avatar image for optimusprime223
optimusprime223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By optimusprime223

no option for both?

wealllikepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By wealllikepie

lol soz i was arguing with a friend wats the public opinion so i made only 2 choices

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Insectecutor

It depends on the game. As Disengage says, a wheel or even regular pad is obviously much better than a mouse and keyboard for driving games.

But I guess the OP meant for FPS games, in which case it's mouse and keyboard all the way, simply for the freedom of movement a mouse gives you.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks

It's pretty hard to split the two based solely on what you prefer, for me it depends entirely on what I am playing.

I prefer K&M with most FPS and RTS games, I rarely use my 360 controller on PC, the last time I did was with PoP. Some games play much better using a controller of course, sometimes K&M simply does not cut it in some games. Driving games are woeful with K&M for example, which is why you probably see so may wheels available.

PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By PowerSerj

Mouse & Keyboard up in this. Except for driving games. That's just weird.

wealllikepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By wealllikepie

ye i made this 4 genres lik RPGs and FPSs

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By mracoon

I generally prefer mouse and keyboard except for like racing games or platformers (even then I don't really mind what I use).

Inf225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Inf225
@Insectecutor said:
"But I guess the OP meant for FPS games, in which case it's mouse and keyboard all the way, simply for the freedom of movement a mouse gives you."

I dont think its even that simple... it really depends on what the game was developed for regardless of genre... For example games like tf2, left4dead, crysis, etc are excellent with a mouse and keyboard, but Halo is far superior with a controller, the PCs version were busted for that very reason. Its all about intended controller more than anything else. I do agree though that certain genres do lean themselves one way or another (RTS and keyboard, or Platformer and controller) however 99 times out of 100 whatever control scheme the developers used while creating the game and inteded for the average consumer is going to be the best for that game.
subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By subject2change

Mouse and Keyboard for shooters/RTS/MMOs
Controller for everything else.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By KaosAngel

KB+M for FPS and RTS.  Anyone who debates this should GTFO before I beat them senseless. 

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MeierTheRed
@KaosAngel:

Come beat me up Mr. Internet tough guy.

And on topic, controller for me. Played enough Amiga and PC in the 90´s so im over mouse and keyboard, feel like i have good enough control and precision with a thumb stick.
Progman9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Progman9000

Mouse and keyboard for FPS, RTS and generally anything else that feels good with those controls.  Adventure games are pretty good with mouse and keyboard as well.

I can't stand FPS with a controller.  It just feels too sluggish and too inaccurate to me.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16  Edited By Seppli

I'm all for the controller. A controller just gives me more control and feedback. A gamepad offers me analog movement in addition to analog aim/camera. The mouse and keyboard setup only offers analag aim/camara. Although the mouse is quicker and easier to handle, than an analog stick, I still prefer the analag stick for aim. It offers a more visceral feel.

Also, the mouse and keyboard setup lack the rumble feedback of a pad, which just adds an extra layer of presentation to any game.

I am still pretty pissed at the PC port of 'Mass Effect', for not including gamepad controls. Especially since it originated on the 360. Oh well, great game nonetheless.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#17  Edited By gingertastic_10

i had to go with console controller, i have never played a game on pc. so i cant say if thats better or not

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18  Edited By Seppli

I believe the 'next-gen' of gamepads will include motion controls perfectly. Aiming would then be at least as fast as a mouse and unmeasureably more visceral. Not so sure about camera controls though. Overall, gamepads will be irrefutably superior to the mouse and keyboard setup, even for genres like RTS.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By fugie7

i choose the console controllers , the key board is a little hard for me to use when the controls are spread apart from the board.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RsistncE

There's no one or the other. Mouse and keyboard is better for shooters, MMO's and RTS'. The controller is better for sports sims, racers, and action adventure. There are some genres that suck on both haha.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Pretty much all games are better with a controller aside from shooters which is really game dependent and on which one you used first/more and rtses
But the thing is, pretty much all games are playable with a controller if you look at LOTR, C&C, or Halo Wars, but the same can't be said about m/k as well, play a racer or fighter on it, I dare you.  Well, actually, maybe not, menu type games really only work with a mouse.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Godwind
@KaosAngel said:
" KB+M for FPS and RTS.  Anyone who debates this should GTFO before I beat them senseless.  "
Butz tehz gamez Halo Wars, da leetz premier sample of what RTSes need to be.
Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By Out_On_Bail
@Linkyshinks said:
" It's pretty hard to split the two based solely on what you prefer, for me it depends entirely on what I am playing.
This here is my answer.  It depends solely on what I am playing.  But for shooters I do prefer the mouse/keyboard.  Although I'll admit lately I think I've gotten much more used to using the controller.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Diamond

I prefer gamepad overall (for all genres) because it's more comfortable.

I don't want to use a gamepad versus mouse+KB players, but gamepad can definitely hold it's own.

Worst thing of mouse+KB is how you need good flat surfaces.

MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MrGetBonus

Mouse+Keyboard for RPG, FPS or anything that requires shooting, RTS, MMOs. Gamepad for racers and action games like God of War and DMC. Neither for fighters. Gotta have da stiiiiiick.

NateDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By NateDogg

I'm assuming you're comparing these 2 control schemes within the scope of FPS. So i said mouse/keyboard.

I have adapted to using the 360 controller for shooters long ago.. however it still is not as good or accurate as using a mouse to aim for the face. 
Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By Manatassi

Sofa.

Nuf said.