Convoluted questions about Xbox Live that will frustrate readers

nemt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nemt

I saw an add for a 15% off 2 year XBL Gold renewal with 1600 free MS Points a few weeks back and jumped on it, right now that's set as the autorenewal option for me when my current subscription expires.  Now, when I first set it the renewal date was Feb 2011, but since then a buddy of mine gave me a 12+1 card and I redeemed it so it moved back to March 2012.  Do you think MS will still give me the discount price even then?  It's still showing up as 24 months $84.99 in my account settings for the auto renewal. 

Also when I activated the card for some reason now it says "member since: October 2010" despite having been on XBL since the original beta test (can't really claim much from that, though - I set it up then didn't touch it till Halo 2 came out).  My gamercard still has a 7 on it, think that will change though?  That would really bum me out.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

I thought the renewal options were only for 1 year max. But hey, if it says you have that set up to renew for 2 years, it should work. Maybe someone on the Xbox.com forums can confirm or deny.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Yeah, I don't see why it wouldn't work, man, but JJWeatherman is right. Try posting on the xbox.com forums if you can. They should know for sure.

zegolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By zegolf

If you already purchased it, shouldn't the discount already have been applied, and your credit/debit/pay pal account already debited?  Or is this one of those situations where you'll be billed at a later date?  I'm not really sure how that system works, I usually just buy discounted cards when they go on sale.

Also, I know XBL was having issues over the last few weeks in preparation for the new xbox.com, so maybe that has something to do with your "member since" status and gamercard.  They'll have it on record as to when you originally signed up, and if you haven't broken your service, they'll be able to correct it.  It's probably just a field in a database somewhere, anyway!

nemt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By nemt

I think you can queue up to 3 years of XBL Gold and I'm pretty sure no matter what you choose for renewal options you're never billed until your current subscription runs out.