#1 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

Check out NinjAttorney's badass Captain Falcon cosplay for the upcoming PAX. Obviously unfinished, but you don't see this much care put into cosplay very often.

Full Gallery

#2 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

You have the best icon ever. Sweet pics, too.

#3 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

Ta

#4 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

Err... dude cosplay? Not female cosplay?

Thanks, but no thanks... :S

#5 Posted by Dj (913 posts) -

Some will call him enthusiastic while some will call him a fanboy, I will call him both.

#6 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

Here's some cosplay you might like instead. Furry and female.

#7 Posted by xxNBxx (973 posts) -

Cosplay fans are the kind of fanboys and girls that scare me.  They take it one step to far.

#8 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -
xxNBxx said:
"Cosplay fans are the kind of fanboys and girls that scare me.  They take it one step to far."
At least they're being productive, not wasting time talking about it on a forum.
#9 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
Demilich said:
"xxNBxx said:
"Cosplay fans are the kind of fanboys and girls that scare me.  They take it one step to far."
At least they're being productive, not wasting time talking about it on a forum."
Err, if I am not mistaken, not only are you talking about games on a forum, but you are talking about people who dress up as characters from games on a forum too. Does this make you any better? What's so 'productive' about dressing up like a child as fictional characters? Sure its funny, but some go a bit too far...
#10 Posted by Ossi (1229 posts) -
Demilich said:
"xxNBxx said:
At least they're being productive, not wasting time talking about it on a forum."
Didn't you just bring up the topic though....?
#11 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

And? I didn't say I was being productive.

#12 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
Demilich said:
"And? I didn't say I was being productive."
I never said you did... But you are telling NB that at least they aren't wasting time on a forum talking about games, but actually dressing up like games. Which is more a waste of time? Lol... don't call people out when you yourself are doing the same that they are, if not worse. ;P
#13 Posted by Cowman (666 posts) -
xxNBxx said:
Cosplay is a lot like life, some people just do it better than others.
Good
<---Bad
I'll admit it I've taken pictures of cosplayers (not these ones) but that was only because they needed someone to take the picture.
I'm not going to put down cosplayers as a whole because anyone that can get hot women to be scantily clad is alright in my book.
#14 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -
Sentry said:
"Demilich said:
"And? I didn't say I was being productive."
I never said you did... But you are telling NB that at least they aren't wasting time on a forum talking about games, but actually dressing up like games. Which is more a waste of time? Lol... don't call people out when you yourself are doing the same that they are, if not worse. ;P"
Is it a waste of time if you enjoy it? Anyway I was complimenting Captain Falcon, not insulting anyone.

And I enjoy seeing good cosplay, so it's good both ways.
#15 Posted by Rowr (5536 posts) -
xxNBxx said:
Demilich said:
"Here's some cosplay you might like instead. Furry and female.

"

Im a hardcore gamer but this shit scares me.
Ones of the aspects of gaming i dont want to be associated with.
#16 Edited by zityz (2360 posts) -

One time, I tried to cosplay as the solid snake carboard box, took a lot of man hours( about 5 minutes) and it hurt to couch and walk around at the same time. Oh this was also at work, and I think I bumped into someone ( or something).

After thoughtful concideration though, I will limit myself to only halloween, where I will dress up as a Tetris block, I'm thinking the Block "T" or "square" ought to do it.

#17 Posted by giyanks22 (2681 posts) -

Nice pics. A little scary, but cool...

#18 Posted by Otacon (2209 posts) -

It's fans who are obsessive and creative, why not let them do what they enjoy at special events. It's not like they go about their day to day lives dressed as game characters.

#19 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
Dj said:
"Some will call him enthusiastic while some will call him a fanboy, I will call him both."
I would call him crazy.
#20 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

You seem to be prone to starting arguments Demilich.

And it's not so much that you start topics that will lead to them, it's more that you reply to things that you could just ignore and start flames over it. 

Shame shame shame

#21 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -
Termite said:
"You seem to be prone to starting arguments Demilich.

And it's not so much that you start topics that will lead to them, it's more that you reply to things that you could just ignore and start flames over it. 

Shame shame shame"
The greatest part is I do it all within the rules. I feel no guilt, no shame, no regret, and I never will. The moment someone here steps up and intelligently argues me into a corner is when I have failed. But we all know there is no one here capable of doing so, because I choose my words carefully.

Why should I feel bad for evoking anger in others through non aggressive discussion? (If so inclined to answer write it on my wall or something, I'm trying not to go off topic anymore)

PS: That hideous blue fox thing was a joke.
#22 Posted by MB (12263 posts) -
Termite said:

Shame shame shame"
If you have a problem with another user, take it to PM's or send a note to a moderator.
#23 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -
Termite said:

Shame shame shame"

Sounds like Demilich's post suffered a bad case of internet poisoning.
My flame detector gets nothing.
On-topic, this seems......weird........it would be funny to see a guy walking the streets here cosplaying.....
#24 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

A reminder: He's making the costume for Penny Arcade Expo.

#25 Posted by drew (126 posts) -
Demilich said:
"xxNBxx said:
As much as I like cosplayers, I wouldn't go so far as to call it "productive"...
#26 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -
drew said:
"Demilich said:
"xxNBxx said:
As much as I like cosplayers, I wouldn't go so far as to call it "productive"..."
Maybe not in the practical sense, but they're using skills for their enjoyment. Let's call it 'Entertainment Productivity'.
#27 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -
Demilich said:
"drew said:
"Demilich said:
"xxNBxx said:
As much as I like cosplayers, I wouldn't go so far as to call it "productive"..."
Maybe not in the practical sense, but they're using skills for their enjoyment. Let's call it 'Entertainment Productivity'."

I believe the word 'creativity' is what you seek, good sir.
#28 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

Lol. That's one of the best uses of cardboard boxes ever... I don't think Solid Snake would approve of cutting cardboard boxes though. :P

#29 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -
atejas said:
"Demilich said:
"drew said:
"Demilich said:
"xxNBxx said:
Maybe not in the practical sense, but they're using skills for their enjoyment. Let's call it 'Entertainment Productivity'."

I believe the word 'creativity' is what you seek, good sir."
Actually they make perfect sense together. A Created Product built for Enjoyment. This is the lamest discussion I've ever had.
#30 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -
Demilich said:
"atejas said:
"Demilich said:
"drew said:
"Demilich said:
"xxNBxx said:

I believe the word 'creativity' is what you seek, good sir."
Actually they make perfect sense together. A Created Product built for Enjoyment. This is the lamest discussion I've ever had."
Creative Enjoyment through Productivity?
Sounds like one of those lame motivational programs.
#31 Posted by King (1 posts) -

Sounds like communism.

#32 Edited by Disgaeamad (1342 posts) -