• 103 results
#1 Edited by suikoden352 (425 posts) -

i'm still trying to decide on this as well. i like what costume quest has to offer but super meat boy looks so fun in a stressful agonizing but enticing and weird way and it's only 800 points instead of 1200 for costume quest but then again...idk which to pick!! lol i'll figure it out eventually. which one are y'all picking or are you going to get both or neither at all?

#2 Posted by mrfizzy (1555 posts) -

If i was getting either of them (im not coz iv got exams coming up) it would be Costume Quest. Super Meat Boy would just frustrate me too much. 

#3 Edited by Eaxis (960 posts) -

I'm definately getting super meat boy.  

Edit: I didn't see super meat boy now was 800 at first.
#4 Posted by JJWeatherman (14571 posts) -

Both will probably get my money, just not this week. I'm in the middle of an epic money-saving campaign. Rock Band 3 is too close.

#5 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

I might pick up Costume Quest eventually, but I've been interested in Super Meat Boy since...PAX was it? That and apparently it just dropped to 800 points for a short time. Less points, less money, sounds good to me.

#6 Edited by Aetheldod (3736 posts) -

Costume Quest ..... yet super meat boy looks good , but I would be pissed off all day and not enjoy it at the end of the day , and I kinda wanna help double fine , they made Brutal Legend and as a huge head banger me self  I apreciate the love letter that game come to be .... so there ..... and if it turns out good well Ill be looking foward for more of double fines Arcade/PSN games

#7 Posted by Eristocrat (440 posts) -

Both.  Costume Quest looks like a great compliment for when Super Meat Boy makes me want to rip my hair out.

#8 Posted by SirBlimE (167 posts) -

Costume quest, no doubt about it.

#9 Posted by RavenX302 (265 posts) -

Super meat boy doesn't look like its worth the frustration to me, but maybe some time I will pick it up. I got 1200 points for Costume Quest. 

#10 Posted by Unchained (1090 posts) -

Costume Quest. I'm really interested in that game. 

#11 Posted by Xshinobi (404 posts) -

Costume Quest and I will just wait for the PC release of SMB...or not. Damnit  I will just get both. 

#12 Posted by Metzo_Paino (322 posts) -
@Eristocrat said:
" Both.  Costume Quest looks like a great compliment for when Super Meat Boy makes me want to rip my hair out. "
This.  

With Super Meat Boy being only 800 at first release I'll be picking up both.
#14 Posted by Ramyun (664 posts) -

Costume Quest because it comes out on the PS3........right?

#15 Posted by swamplord666 (1763 posts) -

goddamn i don't know! i'm set on getting the RDR dlc and I want super meat boy (although i get really frustrated at these uber difficult games) and I would like to get costume quest because it does look REALLY awesome and I think tim schafer deserves to get my money.

#16 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

Um. The Stone Temple Pilots pack for Rock Band, of course :P

Seriously, though. Costume Quest interests me the most. Shame GB hasn't done anything about a review or anything about it outside of that Quick Look :/

#17 Posted by suikoden352 (425 posts) -
@sofacitysweetheart:  i think ryan may be doing a review of it and brad is doing super meat boy for review as well probably but just my guesses. even though i do like what super meat boy has to offer i am leaning toward costume quest just to see how double fine can tackle a full on rpg with humor. with what i saw in the quick look, i'm hoping for good humor and solid rpg gameplay like in the mario & luigi rpg games on the ds. i'll prolly still buy super meat boy at some point too though
#18 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1501 posts) -

Based purely on the Quick looks I would say Super Meat Boy looks the better game.
#19 Posted by Hyperfludd (374 posts) -

Costume Quest for sure. I'll probably get SMB when it hits Steam.

#20 Posted by onarum (2302 posts) -

Super meat boy all the way, costume quest looks nice, but it also looks like a game made for little kids so...

Of course that's just my opinion, I won't get neither, I would buy super meat boy, but since they decided to release it for the 360 only and I no longer have one I guess that'll have to wait.....

#21 Posted by Castiel (2747 posts) -

Costume Quest, but just not right now. I have some other games I need to finish before I buy a new one. :)

#22 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

Not this week, but sometime this month I'll get both.

#23 Posted by Popogeejo (616 posts) -

I'd love Costume Quest but I have neither a 360 nor a PS3 so I'm stuck hoping for it to come to Steam or WiiWare. Meatboy wins this round.

#24 Posted by SavUK (79 posts) -

I will be getting both. I already purchased Case Zero in October,  so the  800 points for SMB and 1200 points for Costume Quest (which is the game I am most looking forward to) is enough to qualify for the 800 point rebate thingy for spending 2400 points. 

#25 Posted by beard_of_zeus (1695 posts) -

Both games look pretty awesome, so I figure I'll get both. Plus there's that "spend 2400, get 800 back" deal going on this month, so that makes it sweeter. Although now that Meat Boy is gonna be 800 points at launch instead of 1200, looks like I'll need to find something else to get as well.

#26 Posted by DarkHeroZark (175 posts) -

I want to get both to meet the "Spend 2400 MSP, get 800 MSP"

#27 Posted by AlisterCat (5731 posts) -

If you spend the 2,400 points needed this month to get the free 800 you could then use that 800 to get Super Meat Boy.

#28 Posted by megalowho (980 posts) -

Costume Quest for sure, because I want to play it during the Halloween season for maximum effect. Won't be the same a few weeks from now. Super Meat Boy will be a purchase down the line as well.

#29 Posted by TheDoubleJ (204 posts) -

custume quest, super meat boy looks to frustrating for me
#30 Posted by A_Dog (738 posts) -

Both.  

Super Meat Boy looks frustratingly addictive and Costume Quest just looks awesome.

#31 Posted by Cincaid (2959 posts) -

Both probably at some point, but Costume Quest to start off things.

Super Meat Boy for hangover days when I need to hate myself even more.

#32 Posted by nick_verissimo (1404 posts) -

Neither will get my money this week, but Super Meat Boy will eventually get my money through a Steam sale (if it ever does arrive on steam).

#33 Edited by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

Possibly both. Super Meat Boy is only 800 points for a limited time, and I still have to spend the 2400 points or whatever for that Microsoft promotion, so I could fit Costume Quest in there. But I also wanted to possibly get Monday Night Combat or Rocket Knight so we'll see. 

As of right now, the only reason I'd get SMB over Costume Quest is because it's cheaper.

#34 Posted by bybeach (5002 posts) -

Costume quest.  

Comic Jumper taught me my likes, dislikes, and sadly, my limitations. Meat boy looks really, really cool. I am not young though, anymore, and Costume Quest looked like it rocked. It is exactly what I want to get into, and also I want a Double-fine game.
#35 Posted by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

It was gonna be Costume Quest with SMB later but I just learned SMB will be on Sale for 800MSP so...both.

#36 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Not this week, but soon both!

#37 Posted by Jason_E_Sigler (122 posts) -

Both, no doubt. I hate myself enough and enjoy testing my old school skills to make Super Meat Boy a must-have, and Costume Quest just looks like a blast that MAYBE my wife will play as well. 

I am loving the current deluge of awesome downloadable games, really hope this becomes a permanent trend.

#38 Posted by Gamer_152 (14113 posts) -

I'd definitely choose Costume Quest.

#39 Posted by Bollard (5868 posts) -

Both, because then Microsoft give ME money! Mwahahaha!

#40 Posted by ProfessorEss (7523 posts) -

Easy one, Costume Quest.

#41 Posted by audiosnag (1582 posts) -

I want both please

#42 Posted by IkariNoTekken (987 posts) -

Probably both. I bought Comic Jumper already this month so technically I only need to spend another 1200 for the 2400 offer. However Super Meat Boy is only 800 until November, so I will probably pick that up as well as I currently have enough points on my account.

#43 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

fallout

#44 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Super Meat Boy looks like its actually fun to play, not just fun to look at.

#45 Posted by rentfn (1288 posts) -

Costume Quest! Super Meat Boy looks great but I get way to angry at those games.

#46 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -

Costume Quest.  Easy.

#47 Posted by guiseppe (2842 posts) -

None, but if I had money to spare, Super Meat Boy.

#48 Posted by Indiana_Jenkins (399 posts) -

I'm getting both, but odds are good that only one will be completed by me. 
 I'm sure you can figure out which is which.

#49 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3625 posts) -

Neither, Fallout New Vegas gets my money this week, Will probably pick them both up later though.

#50 Posted by Necrotoxin (141 posts) -

I was going to get Costume quest, but my 360 died.