#1 Edited by SoldierG654342 (1765 posts) -

My dad has recently expressed an interest in getting into videogames, or more specifically playing them with me. Could you guys suggest me some local cooperative games that would be good for those that have never played any videogames (that weren't Rock Band) in their lives? It needs to be relativity easy and not too execution or systems heavy. 360, PS3, and Wii are all options.

#2 Posted by mordukai (7150 posts) -

Combat. Believe me. You and your dad will have the time of your life.

Now seriously...The First Gears of War is pretty easy for the uninitiated. Ummmm.....Need For Speed Hot Pursuit can also be a good way to ease him into games again. Maybe try Super Mario Bros Wii.

#3 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3308 posts) -

Boom! Headshot. A thread there be on Giantbomb already. You may find what you seek there, perhaps.

#4 Posted by Socialone (202 posts) -

I am not one to play for extended periods of time, but I pulled an all-nighter with 3 friends because we had a blast playing Motorstorm: Pacific Rift. The last occurrence was 10 years ago when Halo CE was released.

Racing games in general are always a win with dads in my experience. Simple, fun and competitive, the trick is the find a balance between accessibility, realism and affordability. Gran Turismo 4 is another good option but it personally bores me to tears.

#5 Edited by SoldierG654342 (1765 posts) -

@GERALTITUDE said:

Boom! Headshot. A thread there be on Giantbomb already. You may find what you seek there, perhaps.

Thank. LBP2 is an early front runner, mostly because that thread reminded me that I have it thanks to PS+.

@Socialone said:

I am not one to play for extended periods of time, but I pulled an all-nighter with 3 friends because we had a blast playing Motorstorm: Pacific Rift. The last occurrence was 10 years ago when Halo CE was released.

Racing games in general are always a win with dads in my experience. Simple, fun and competitive, the trick is the find a balance between accessibility, realism and affordability. Gran Turismo 4 is another good option but it personally bores me to tears.

Yeah, we've been down the racing game route before. Even bought a racing wheel. Don't buy a racing wheel. GT4 wasn't tactile enough (he's a car enthusiast, but likes the practice more than theory) and he's not quite dexterous for the faster games like Burnout. He hasn't been kind to his hands over the years.