#1 Posted by byrjun (154 posts) -

I'm not too tech savvy, but I would love to be able to hear the call-in shows made this easter on my way to work and whatnot.
Does anybody know if this is possible / has already been made?

#2 Posted by TooWalrus (13237 posts) -

I was going to do this earlier, but the files on Justin.tv are videos, and they're a couple of gigs to download, and unfortunitly the internet here is garbage. Hopefully someone's already done the work, but if they haven't, I'll start the downloads before I go to sleep tonight.

#3 Posted by onarum (2151 posts) -
@byrjun said:
" I'm not too tech savvy, but I would love to be able to hear the call-in shows made this easter on my way to work and whatnot. Does anybody know if this is possible / has already been made? "
You can do it yourself, it's pretty easy, use jdownloader or any other download manager to save the .flv files to your pc, then extract the audio with avidemux, since there are 2 parts you'd have to use something like Audacity to splice them together and then export it as an mp3 from audacity itself.

all of those are freeware btw.
#4 Posted by ajamafalous (12039 posts) -

I too, would be interested in this but am too lazy to do it myself.

#5 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

Why didn't I think of doing this before!?

I'm downloading the movies now, someone else will probably get it done before me though...
#6 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -
#7 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -
@MaFoLu: You are the man!
#8 Posted by MattyFTM (14417 posts) -

Awesome. Now I can listen to the bits I missed without having to use Justin.tv.

#9 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -
@Hockeymask27: No, Dave is the man, I am just reflecting his manliness.
#10 Posted by byrjun (154 posts) -

Wow, thank you so much!! I had begun downloading the flv's myself, but got interrupted and never finished even just the downloading-part. Great work, good sir, great work!

#11 Posted by jpe (48 posts) -

@MaFoLu Thank you!

#12 Posted by Moth_Pope (456 posts) -
@MaFoLu:  That's really good of you. Cheers!
#13 Posted by ajamafalous (12039 posts) -
@MaFoLu: You're awesome.
#14 Posted by blueaniman93 (604 posts) -
@MaFoLu: thanks so much
#15 Posted by MattyFTM (14417 posts) -

Someone with good photoshopping skills should make some album art for the MP3's. They're looking very plain in my iTunes library.

#16 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3819 posts) -

So, how long until they realize that we want a Hardcore Dave Pirate Talk Radio Call-In Podcast? Let's get on that, guys.

#17 Posted by animathias (1190 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
" Someone with good photoshopping skills should make some album art for the MP3's. They're looking very plain in my iTunes library. "

It's not especially good, but.. yeah.

#18 Edited by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -
@MaFoLu:

Good job, it will save me from having to listen to them on Justin.tv, the time it takes to fully buffer the shows is ridiculous.
#19 Posted by random_guy23 (256 posts) -

this is amazing :) thanks a lot. now, to find the part where I called in....

#20 Posted by random_guy23 (256 posts) -

Yes! I found my call, it's on Sunday Part 2, the 2nd caller, after ZombiePie. I talk about my website, wordpress and the royal wedding!

#21 Posted by Gamer_152 (14091 posts) -
@MaFoLu: Sir, you have just made me a very happy person. Many thanks.
Moderator Online
#22 Posted by Ghost407 (166 posts) -
@MaFoLu: You're the man!!
#23 Posted by AjayRaz (12441 posts) -
@MaFoLu: thank you!! 

Dave should have a weekly radio show or something. it's very entertaining listening to him.
#24 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

Man, this is great. Missed the majority of it when it was done live. Now I got something to listen to at work tonight. 

#25 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

Awesome. I missed almost all of this.

#26 Posted by Matteo_of_Eld (9 posts) -

Could there be a possible re-upload?  The links for some reason just refresh whenever I click download.

#27 Edited by MattyFTM (14417 posts) -
@Matteo_of_Eld: Did you already download it once (or at least start the download once)? It did that to me when my internet connection dropped while downloading. Whenever I tried to redownload it, the page just kept reloading. Using a different browser worked, and I just tried now & it started downloading fine, so it seems waiting a while will work too.
#28 Posted by crazyleaves (648 posts) -
@MaFoLu: Thanks a bunch. Pretty good stuff. Dave and his sister are hilarious together. 

Dave - "Drew do you have anything to add?"
Dave's Sis - "Something creepy!"
Drew - "No comment."
Me - "Bwahahahah!"
#29 Posted by Matteo_of_Eld (9 posts) -
@MattyFTM:  Perhaps I just needed to clear my cache or download history then.
#30 Edited by MattyFTM (14417 posts) -
@Matteo_of_Eld: That might work, but a lot of these download services do their download tracking stuff via IP addresses. 

EDIT: But I suppose if changing browser solves it, then that totally invalidates that idea. I'm an idiot. Ignore me.
#31 Edited by Matteo_of_Eld (9 posts) -
@MattyFTM:  It's all good.  It worked, but there is still an issue with Sunday part 3.  Even the first time when I was downloading them (before my internet cut out and I had to clear my cache), Part 3 would claim that it did not exist.  I'm assuming that it works for everyone else though, so :/