#1 Posted by Animasta (14689 posts) -

#2 Posted by Animasta (14689 posts) -

everyone has favorite game lists, but can anyone say that game x is your favorite game? I'd say so (Mine is Nier) but I was wondering since a lot of people seem indecisive around here

#3 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -

Yes. Metal Gear Solid 3.

#4 Posted by YI_Orange (1147 posts) -

Nope. I can definitely list Super Mario RPG, Kirby Superstar, and Persona 4 off the top of my head as fierce contenders, but I could never pick one.

#5 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5826 posts) -

Yeah, Persona 3 FES for me.

#6 Posted by BeachThunder (11917 posts) -

Well, the problem is that if you enjoy games from several different genres, you essentially end up comparing apples and oranges. For example, I love both Bioshock and Braid; while I suppose I would say I like Braid more, realistically, it makes no sense to actually compare the two and say that one is better than the other.

Um, so, having said that, if you wanted me to actually pick one, I'd go with Braid >_>

#7 Posted by Morningstar (2156 posts) -

Yes, Final Fantasy VII. Its my favorite game of all time, I get maudlin just hearing the music. Its not the best game Ive ever played, not by far, but its my favorite =)

#8 Posted by StarvingGamer (8214 posts) -
#9 Posted by DEMONOLOGY_24 (521 posts) -

Mass Effect 2. it was my first rpg and it made me fall in love with the aspect of a character driven story in games

#10 Edited by crusader8463 (14421 posts) -

Nope. I have many favourites, but I'm not the type to rank them as one over the other. I see it more as a tiered system. I like to break it down in my head like this:

• Tier 1 Gold : All time favourites- Every time I think of a game in this tier it brings back nothing but great memories.
  • Tier 2 Silver : My favourites - Every time I think of a game in this tier it brings back great memories but they are mixed with some low points so I feel like they can't be in the top tier with the others.
  • Tier 3 Bronze: The rest - This is where I keep pretty much every game. I ether thought it was ok, but not mind blowing, or I didn't care for it. I tend to mostly forget about these games as soon as I'm done with them.
#11 Posted by MentalDisruption (1632 posts) -

Neverwinter Nights. Unless I put 5+ years into another game, it gets to wear the favorite game of all time title for me.

#12 Posted by evilrazer (488 posts) -

That's a tough one. I would choose MGS3 or Diablo 2.

#13 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -

Probably the first Half-Life...

#14 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19333 posts) -

Yeah, Persona 3 FES.

@FancySoapsMan said:

Yeah, Persona 3 FES for me.

Awesome.

#15 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3051 posts) -

Diablo 2!

#16 Posted by easthill (351 posts) -

Yes, easily. Battlefield 2. Or maybe Diablo 2. Wait. Quake 3. Fuck.

No, I can't.

#17 Posted by GunstarRed (5162 posts) -

Yes! Super Mario Bros 3

#18 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -
#19 Posted by Redbullet685 (6040 posts) -
#20 Posted by Whitelock (19 posts) -

yes, Persona 3 Portable is mine.

what? I like the PSP.

#21 Posted by Carnage1290 (114 posts) -

Mine is also MGS3, kinda can't believe how many votes that has in this thread already. For me it just came out at a perfect time and I had a friend who was playing it as well, just talking about it a bunch I probably played through that game several times. Best bosses in a metal gear game and the best ending (for me). I love that game, although I still haven't taken the time to beat it again in the MGS collection, but that will happen one day. Also I played the original version too, so it had that awful camera. But I still can't help but love that game.

#22 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Probably not, no.

Well, I could! but the answer would probably change every single time.

#23 Edited by EarlessShrimp (1638 posts) -

If you're gonna put a gun to my head and ask me I guess:

Just 'cuz...
#24 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

Resident Evil 4

#25 Posted by Fearbeard (830 posts) -

Nope... I'd have a hard time narrowing it down to 10.

#26 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

Final Fantasy IX. I gauge the quality of story and characters of everything I play, by that game.

#27 Posted by Ventilaator (1501 posts) -

I'm the only person who will say The Lost Vikings

#28 Edited by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

Homeworld

Creatures 3

#29 Posted by MikkaQ (10288 posts) -

Simply not possible. Not even a top 10. Plus my tastes change all the damn time.

#30 Posted by FlamingHobo (4483 posts) -

Dungeon Keeper 2.

#31 Posted by Vexxan (4620 posts) -

Yes, Ocarina of Time.

#32 Posted by huntad (1935 posts) -

Not off the top of my head. I'll return to this thread once I'm done finishing up some reading. School work, yo!

#33 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11714 posts) -

No way. At most I could make a list with a handful of games, but then I'd remember other games and go "Oh yeah, that game is awesome too!". And at then end, you'd just get a list that has a bunch of entries all numbered in no particular order.

#34 Posted by JackSukeru (5911 posts) -

Nope, I only love what I don't own completely. Once I complete a game it loses the element of discovery (well mostly) and while going back and reexperiencing it can be nice it can only be truly impactful the first time that I see it.

My favorite game will always be one I really enjoy while I'm still playing it, or shortly after I've finished it.

#35 Posted by Jeust (10631 posts) -

Silent Hill 2, sadly the magic only works once. 

#36 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Single player: Shenmue - I know it doesn't hold up that well now but at the time is was pretty insane.

Multiplayer: Ghost Recon (Xbox) - Compared to current gen bullshit, this game is insane, no aim assist and it actually felt like you really fucking earned your kills, binoculars to scope enemies at long distance (pretty much a required thing on some maps, because of fog and so on) and when you took damage it impaired your movement and aiming. Shame something like this will never happen on consoles today or in the future, it doesn't hand you XP on a plate or give you phat killstreaks.

#37 Posted by NTM (7373 posts) -

Yes and no. I feel like I can, but then I'd be saying it's better than every other fantastic game I love, which I just can't do. It's like asking "If there was only one game you could play, and you had to throw the rest out, what would it be?", and I can't choose that. But if I really, really had to choose my favorite, it'd probably be Dead Space.

#38 Posted by chinakat (41 posts) -

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Hands down my favorite. (And I'm not just going with the general crowd of people who say it's the greatest game ever, or who say it's flawless. It was my favorite game before people were saying that.)

#39 Posted by DillonWerner (1528 posts) -

Jak II

#40 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

Persona 4 and StarCraft II are number one for me. 

#41 Posted by Liquidus (946 posts) -

Kinda, Resident Evil 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, Shadow of the Colossus and Okami are generally the ones I switch around for my all time favorite game. It really depends on how long it's been since I've played them and what mood I'm in.

#42 Posted by Hailinel (24665 posts) -
#43 Posted by Brendan (7797 posts) -

I have a few favourites from different genres that makes them hard to compare. I can't say that I love any one game much more than any other in the top 7 list I have on GB.

#44 Posted by CollyWolly (63 posts) -

Mass Effect 2 is my favorite game of all time. Before ME2 came along I probably couldn't have named a single favorite game, but Bioshock, Halo CE, and Zelda Link to the Past would have been in the conversation.

#45 Posted by Atary77 (502 posts) -

Yes I can, Mega Man X from the SNES

#46 Posted by Clark (110 posts) -

System shock 2

#47 Posted by Little_Socrates (5677 posts) -

Apparently I voted "yes" on this, but I actually can't. Metal Gear Solid 3 is my usual answer, but it's running hard against Deadly Premonition, Persona 4, and BioShock. I haven't played MGS3 or BioShock in a few years now, though, and my tastes may have shifted away from them.

#48 Posted by BurningHunter (58 posts) -

I feel comfortable saying Persona 4 is my all-time favorite game.

#49 Posted by gorkamorkaorka (442 posts) -
#50 Posted by Gringus (65 posts) -

It's definitely hard until I remember Diablo 2.