Cracked article now making excuses for the bad thing in gaming...

• 78 results
Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jay444111
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Are you going to post a topic every time somebody on Cracked writes an article you disagree with? Also, he's defending them from a business perspective, explaining why companies are doing this shit in the first place.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I don't see a problem with it

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By forkboy

@Jay444111 said:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-video-game-complaints-were-just-going-to-have-to-get-over/

UUUUGGGGHHHH... Why the fuck do they even talk about this stuff anymore? I mean... for real. This is even dumber than the David Wong shit.

I mean... DEFENDING DRM!? Is this man fucking higher than a kite? No... really! Is this man a moron? No one can defend that shit, same with anti used and all that... WTF is all I got to say to this article.

It's a humourous website brah. Chill, just read it & laugh.

Or don't laugh.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By bicycleham

Your name has more than 2 numbers in it and therefore I need not listen to such dibble.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@Xolare said:

Your name has more than 2 numbers in it and therefore I need not listen to such dibble.

X01ar3

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By YI_Orange

DRM and fighting against used games doesn't bug me. The people who complain do though.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheHumanDove

@YI_Orange said:

DRM and fighting against used games doesn't bug me. The people who complain do though.

Complaining is awesome, bro. You should try it sometime. Might get a free pepsi or something

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Dagbiker

@YI_Orange said:

Irony, Its whats for dinner.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bicycleham

@PeasantAbuse said:

@Xolare said:

X01ar3

You son of a bitch. Figuring out my true identity heh?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Animasta

I bet they were also very rude about toonami as well

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Animasta said:

I bet they were also very rude about toonami as well

Ha, that was a good one!

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Toxeia

If you spend your time reading articles that are in list format then you're doing something wrong. You should take a look at Maddox's article 11 Sexy Girls with Star Wars tattoos you don't have the rights to publish. While this article is more commentary than link bait, it still holds to the formula of "X things stuff attention span."

And also, yeah. Get used to DRM. If you ever produce anything I hope you take the time to protect your rights to it or you just wasted a lot of your creativity and time. Creativity is used loosely here as too much of the industry is in sequel mode.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Arker101

Unfortunately, complaining can't accomplish anything. I strongly disagree with Blizzards always online DRM and EAs anti-consumer practices. The only thing that'll make them stop is if people aren't willing to pay for it, but people are. I don't want to be forced to play all of my games online, or pay for content locked on the disk, but as long as the majority falls for it, it'll continue to happen.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Ravenlight

Since KaosAngel is back, we don't need you anymore, Jay. Sorry.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MikeGosot
@Ravenlight said:

Since KaosAngel is back, we don't need you anymore, Jay. Sorry.

Jay still has a place in my heart.
Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hunkulese
@Jay444111 What exactly is wrong with DRM? Damn those dirty game companies trying to make money from people playing their games!!!!

I've never had DRM affect me negatively except for things like Arkham City that makes you repeatedly have to enter a cd key and restart the game for updates.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I hate articles I disagree with! *flips over table*

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mandude

"6 Ways the World is Getting Shitty (and How There's Nothing We Can Do About it)" and "4 Ways We're All Going to Die Soon" are the only articles I ever see at Cracked anymore. Granted, it's been a while.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Clonedzero

the thing is, DRM isn't going to stop piracy. it hasnt even hurt piracy all its done is annoy people that do buy the games. i dont think theres a single DRM out there that hasn't been cracked already. sure you would be able to play it on the proper servers, but they can still pirate it.

ive personally never been effected by DRM at all. most of my PC games are on steam which works great as a DRM, some people have had issues with steam but i haven't.

i can understand companies wanting to fight against piracy, but they need to be careful about how they do it, DRM is pissing alot of people off, whether it should or not.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By bacongames

Counter what was interpreted as a value judgement with a severe counter-value judgement on the opposite side. Good to know discourse and argumentation on the Internet hasn't changed jack dick.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jay444111

@Hunkulese said:

@Jay444111 What exactly is wrong with DRM? Damn those dirty game companies trying to make money from people playing their games!!!! I've never had DRM affect me negatively except for things like Arkham City that makes you repeatedly have to enter a cd key and restart the game for updates.

Dude... Ubisoft... that is all I need to say in order to show people how bad DRM is. One damn word. DRM is made so that they control your purchases, not you controlling your own things you own! It is a level of dumbassness that would even offend Forest Gump for how stupid the system is.

There is so fucking much wrong with DRM that it shouldn't be worth pursuing or even making. Because games with DRM do sell WAY less compared to non-DRM games.

Also the fact that it punishes the people who bought the game and not the pirates is another thing too.

Seriously. Anyone defending DRM has better chance at defending communism... I am sadly not joking.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dagbiker
Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jay444111

@Dagbiker said:

Fear not, we are not totally losing the war on DRM, for GOG.com is fighting the good fight. And even Ubisoft sells some of their games on there.

Wait... for real!? Damn... they must know that they suck at PC games if they are going that route.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dagbiker

@Jay444111 said:

@Dagbiker said:

Fear not, we are not totally losing the war on DRM, for GOG.com is fighting the good fight. And even Ubisoft sells some of their games on there.

Wait... for real!? Damn... they must know that they suck at PC games if they are going that route.

Have you actually ever been to Gog.com

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By Commisar123

I think his point was more that it was going to happen no matter what we felt, not that he was in support of it

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By stinky

spore video was good.

i laughed until i remembered playing it.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By Sackmanjones

Ah so this is crazy jay. I've heard much about you

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jakkblades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By jakkblades

@Jay444111 said:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-video-game-complaints-were-just-going-to-have-to-get-over/

UUUUGGGGHHHH... Why the fuck do they even talk about this stuff anymore? I mean... for real. This is even dumber than the David Wong shit.

I mean... DEFENDING DRM!? Is this man fucking higher than a kite? No... really! Is this man a moron? No one can defend that shit, same with anti used and all that... WTF is all I got to say to this article.

Ummmmm....why could I not defend DRM? See, I buy games. And I don't buy them used either. So, I know you think everyone on here agrees with you, but guess what? Not everyone cares when 1) they don't actually make the experience worse and 2) they don't make the product cost any more. So save your hot air for the balloons.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By zeforgotten

Defending DRM is a bad thing now? 
What happened to riding Valves' dick and praising Steam?(You know, the thing that's pretty much DRM?)  

I am so confused now! 

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jay444111

@Village_Guy said:

Cracked writes some entertaining articles every now and then, but whenever they write something about video games that is influenced and opinionated it is usually crap.

This one for example, is much better, more hard-cold facts (and some added sprinkles) and bam there it is -> http://www.cracked.com/article_19172_8-creepy-video-game-urban-legends-that-happen-to-be-true.html

100% agreement. Whenever they talk seriously about video games, it is always crap. Not just regular crap either. But skunk crap... a crap so stinky and rank no one dares go near it...

I fully admit... that sentence was inspired by AVGN for the sane reason that I am watching one of his videos currently.

But still, whenever cracked is serious about video games, they mean they are morons that don't understand the medium at all. Kinda like the 'entitlement' crap people keep using against us. It is stupid and it just makes things worse.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By Justin258

@Clonedzero said:

the thing is, DRM isn't going to stop piracy. it hasnt even hurt piracy all its done is annoy people that do buy the games. i dont think theres a single DRM out there that hasn't been cracked already. sure you would be able to play it on the proper servers, but they can still pirate it.

ive personally never been effected by DRM at all. most of my PC games are on steam which works great as a DRM, some people have had issues with steam but i haven't.

i can understand companies wanting to fight against piracy, but they need to be careful about how they do it, DRM is pissing alot of people off, whether it should or not.

Steam's DRM doesn't piss many people off. For that matter, it isn't the concept of DRM that usually sucks, it's the execution. A lot of how it's implemented isn't very streamlined or good. The people that program it are probably not paid much and it stops or interrupts gameplay at times, but all of this isn't the fault of the idea. It just needs to be done better than it already is.

Meanwhile, Jay, most of the stuff here is defending good business practices, which I really don't have an issue with.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By korwin

@Hunkulese said:

@Jay444111 What exactly is wrong with DRM? Damn those dirty game companies trying to make money from people playing their games!!!! I've never had DRM affect me negatively except for things like Arkham City that makes you repeatedly have to enter a cd key and restart the game for updates.

I had Ubisoft's stuff wind back a save in Assassin's Creed 2, that's about it on the games front. I've had a much worse time with Music DRM though, takes way to much effort to fix up a corrupted DRM library when Zune pass shits itself.

Grimmrobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Grimmrobe

"What we tend to forget as gamers is that these people aren't in the business of pissing people off. They're trying to please the most difficult, angsty customers on the planet. They're not a boardroom filled with old, fat white guys rubbing their hands together and saying, 'In what manner should we fuck over our customers today? I was thinking about showing up to their houses, personally, and rubbing my balls on their lunch.'"

Wow, I hope that was a joke.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By Red

@Xolare said:

Jay1-444110 were taken.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jay444111

@Red said:

@Xolare said:

Jay1-444110 were taken.

Yeah... I gotta kill all the other ones so I can become number one... let me tell you. They are quite hard to find!

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ShaggE

If it makes you feel any better, John dies at the end.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Dagbiker

Dose anybody here remember the game stopping in the middle of what ever you were doing, if it was Carmen Sandiago you couldn't chase down the bad guy, if it was a strategy game you couldn't move. It would literary stop the action every 20 minuets and ask you to enter a word or chose a symbol from the manual, and you had better not lose that fucken manual.

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By WMWA

Cracked is awesome. You hold your tongue, sir!

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@Jay444111 said:

UUUUGGGGHHHH...

Nghhhh?

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#42  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@Video_Game_King said:

Are you going to post a topic every time somebody on Cracked writes an article you disagree with? Also, he's defending them from a business perspective, explaining why companies are doing this shit in the first place.

Jay does that whenever anyone says anything he disagrees with. He seems to think of himself as a revolutionary but he's not. He's just overreacting. "EVERYONE WILL REVOLT AGAINST CRACKED AND DAVID JAFFE AND CARTOON NETWORK AND MY PARENTS WHO MAKE ME GO TO BED AT 10 INSTEAD OF 10:30 LIKE I ASKED!" It's really sad.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Still_I_Cry said:

@Jay444111 said:

UUUUGGGGHHHH...

Nghhhh?

*sploosh*?

PokeIkzai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By PokeIkzai

He's just representing his point of view. Nothing wrong with that. I mean sure I disagree but hey, whatevs.

Grimmrobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Grimmrobe

@Jay444111 said:

@Hunkulese said:

Dude... Ubisoft... that is all I need to say in order to show people how bad DRM is. One damn word. DRM is made so that they control your purchases, not you controlling your own things you own! It is a level of dumbassness that would even offend Forest Gump for how stupid the system is.

There is so fucking much wrong with DRM that it shouldn't be worth pursuing or even making. Because games with DRM do sell WAY less compared to non-DRM games.

Also the fact that it punishes the people who bought the game and not the pirates is another thing too.

Seriously. Anyone defending DRM has better chance at defending communism... I am sadly not joking.

I wish you were.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Video_Game_King said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@Jay444111 said:

UUUUGGGGHHHH...

Nghhhh?

*sploosh*?

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnng?

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Cloudenvy said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@Jay444111 said:

UUUUGGGGHHHH...

Nghhhh?

*sploosh*?

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnng?

What sound does a sphincter ripping in half make?

Grimmrobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Grimmrobe

@Video_Game_King said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

@Jay444111 said:

UUUUGGGGHHHH...

Nghhhh?

*sploosh*?

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnng?

Do you really want to know?

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Grimmrobe said:

@Video_Game_King said:

Yes. That way, I'd know when a pizza eating session has gone too far.

Grimmrobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Grimmrobe

@Video_Game_King said:

@Grimmrobe said:

@Video_Game_King said:

Yes. That way, I'd know when a pizza eating session has gone too far.

Good point.

GRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

Am I cool now?