Creating a new website

applet0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By applet0n

For an ICT project, my friends and I have decided to create a student gaming website for our school (Almost everyone is into games in our year). Our aim is to provide news, videos and features that are relevant to the less hardcore, more casual student crowd. However, my friends and I have still been unable to come up with a decent name for the site, and so I thought I might come here for help.

Anyone have any ideas?

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Ineedaname

Somethingtheymissed
Thiswasntonthenews

You see my theme, now run with it....

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By get2sammyb

Don't put "Gaming", "Game", "Playstation", "XBOX", "Nintendo", "Wii", "DS", "Gamer", anything like that in the title would be my advice. Think outside the box.

themartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By themartyr

Names are difficult. I'd recommend something obscure but easy to remember. 

Giant Bomb is a case in point. It doesn't overtly suggest that it's a gaming reference. Personally I assume it refers to the big missile guys in Mario, but have no idea. 

As @get2sammyb said, any references directly to culture will make it one of a slew of similar websites.

itos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By itos

Think in your audience first, then all will be easy. This works for advertising, commercials, tv shows, websites and mostly everything. Then study your audience and as "get2sammyb" says Think outside the box. Like this website, they really care about their audience, its awesome!

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Synthballs

samecrapdifferenturl.com