Cross-Console online play?

NateDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By NateDogg

There are already some PC and 360 games that currently play together online.

A discussion came up between my friends on how interesting it would be if you Call of duty 4 could be played online between the PS3 and 360. (I exclude PC because of the keyboard/mouse combo).

I understand the 2 consoles are completely different even though the games are essentially the same. But if it was possible, how would everyone feel about that?

This can apply to any game... Not just Call of Duty 4.

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By xplodedd
NateDogg said:
"There are already some PC and 360 games that currently play together online.

A discussion came up between my friends on how interesting it would be if you Call of duty 4 could be played online between the PS3 and 360. (I exclude PC because of the keyboard/mouse combo).

I understand the 2 consoles are completely different even though the games are essentially the same. But if it was possible, how would everyone feel about that?

This can apply to any game... Not just Call of Duty 4."

I think it would be pretty cool, but my question is, ShadowRun (cross platform vista xbox) didnt work well, why would these games work?
Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Termite
xplodedd said:
"NateDogg said:
"There are already some PC and 360 games that currently play together online.

This can apply to any game... Not just Call of Duty 4."

I think it would be pretty cool, but my question is, ShadowRun (cross platform vista xbox) didnt work well, why would these games work?
"
Shadowrun not working well is an understatement, that thing did terribly
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Vinchenzo

I don't really consider it a possibility, even in a world where this might be an option. It would take away a lot of marketing exclusivity and be downright complex to integrate. It's an interesting thought though.

Avatar image for now_think_later
now_think_later

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By now_think_later

i think its a good idea for the level headed. considering so many online gamers already have that mid-west small town street gang mentality, itd only give them another forum in which to publicly hate people who are exactly like them.

in short, itd be a great idea, but only if there was a way to administer an idiot test before giving people access to it.

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ParanoidFreak

It's a good idea in theory, but it would be hard to make this work well.