Avatar image for rectum_abominae
rectum_abominae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rectum_abominae

I suppose I'll try writing a post using capitals properly this time.  Why not?

No Caption Provided
Let's see.  My first game was Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt.  My NES had a lightgun, which was fucking rad both then and now.  I mean look at this thing.  Alas, I had the 'tard version of the zapper, what with the red plastic instead of the "more realistic" grey.  C'est la vie.  I remember Nintendo subsequently released that bazooka thing.  It looked interesting, but too cumbersome.  Perhaps I should have been aroused, but I was flaccid, in point of fact.  And I didn't get boners as a preteen.

But that's enough about my penis. 

Here's a list of my current-gen favorite games (in no order):
  • The Orange Box.  What a silly name.  Couldn't Valve come up with something better?  Well, who cares.  You get Portal, Team Fortress 2, and the whole Half Life 2 enchilada for the price of one game.  Sweet.  My only gripe is that HL2 had a lot of "Ummm, what am I supposed to do now?" moments, but they cleared that up no problem by episode 2.  Episode 1 lies somewhere in between. 
    No Caption Provided
  • Mass Effect.  I love Bioware's RPGs.  Sure, it has flaws, but I'm a sucker for a great story with killer voice acting.
  • Bioshock.  Hooooleeeee crap.  How much more atmospheric can you get outside of Metroid Prime?  I didn't care for the good ending or evil ending, but in between there are a lot of really interesting accents recorded in the audio logs you pick up, and of course in the main vein as well.  Andrew Ryan was an excellent antagonist.  Oh, and one of the bad guys sounds like Biff from Back to the Future.  Nice.
  • Gears of War 2.  I'm not a fan of the brah genre, which includes Gears 1, Madden, 20 achievement points worht of GTA4 gameplay, and Assassin's Creed (nothing against you non retards who enjoy this game, it's just that a lot of Xbox-live caliber jocks have this in their profiles).  But Gears 2 breaks free of shitty storytelling and vapid characters.  Granted, it's cheesy in its execution, but I think that's the point.  I've heard people complain about Cole's entrance, which was chock full of bullet time and drama.  I took that as a wink and a nod from Young Clifford.
  • Fallout 3.  I'm a sucker for shitty RPGs that tell good stories and pull surprises on you when you least expect it.  Just when you think Fallout 3 can't any more "Flawedout 3" it reminds you that Bethesda has plenty of talent at its disposal.  But, in Bioware-style they fuck up all over the place.  And we forgive them.
  • GTA4.  I'm a framerate snob.  If a game has a bad framerate, is rife with tearing it's extremely difficult for me to ignore.  Poor, poor Jak 3...  So I was tickled pink when I discovered the PS3 version is a hell of a lot smoother than the 360.  (I bought this for the 360 originally, but it's a long story.)  I found that the controls felt more natural as well, particularly in combat.  It goes without saying that GTA4 has a tight grip on butt fucking awesome story and ridiculously realistic environs.  You can hear Niko's goddamn cell phone do that dit-dit-dit-dit-dit thing if you're near a radio!  I think that was just Rockstar wanking their talent, but whatever!  It's a cool detail.  Also, I love how it has absolutely no respect for middle America, republicans, politicians...anyone, really. 

Well, that's about it.  I haven't dug into any downloadable games recently, but I see myself getting Bionic Commando Rearmed.  At $5, why the hell wouldn't I?  Fat Princess interests the hell out of me, so that too may indeed rest 'pon my drive some day.

Auf weidersehn.

kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By kilzombie

Cool list, I didn't really enjoy GTA that much, I was expecting something like San Andreas, just plain crazy fun. One of my favourites this gen would have to be Valkriya Chronicles. It's a strategy turn based JRPG. It's got a really nice story, and it's pretty challenging too.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Jeust

My favourites are:

- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed;

- Fallout 3;

- Elder's Scroll IV: Oblivion;

- Fable 2;

- Dead Space;

- Left 4 Dead;

- and Mass Effect.

And i own all those games... yey :p

Avatar image for rectum_abominae
rectum_abominae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By rectum_abominae

I should get more DS games.  I'm betting that one about the guy and the hat is awesome.