Customizable colours on GiantBomb pages?

TheGamerFix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TheGamerFix

Over on the Halo 3:ODST page on the site, http://www.giantbomb.com/halo-3-odst/61-24035/ you'll see that this page looks way different from all the other pages on the site, ithe ad on the top of the page makes it pretty clear that this is some sort of promotional thing, but I was thinking wouldn't it be awesome if they made every page like this but make it customiable for the user. For example you could choose an uploaded image of a game (a big one obviously) and map it to the background of that game page and also have like a colour palet that you select from to colour the text and the text box fringes like on the Halo 3: ODST page. I know that it's asking a lot and there would be lots of obstacles to work through, but I think it would be so awesome! Besides if anyone can do it GiantBomb can! Yeah go team! Woo!

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By chaser324  Moderator
TheGamerFix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TheGamerFix
@Chaser324:
yeah thats where I first saw the page and got the idea.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Pie

I can imagine some pretty apalling backdrops going on if that happens

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Azteck
@Pie: 

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm sure it could work as long as they have a set of pre-determined colors for us to choose from. I'm sure people would want more customization even then though.