#1 Posted by SomberOwl (627 posts) -

Does anyone else wish/hope they had some sort of other daily content rather than the Daily DOTA? Thats great for the people who like that game and get something out of it. But I would think for most of us it's not that way.

They could use that time to stream other games and things. Or just them on camera like the I Love Mondays videos, where they just shoot the shit for a bit. I know for me anything would be better than the Daily DOTA.

We need a daily something else. What do you guys think? What would make a good daily feature that most of us can enjoy rather than the minority of people who watch the Daily DOTA streams.

#2 Posted by Flacracker (1571 posts) -

Daily Dota is weekly now. And yes I wish there was some sort of recurring themed daily content. Like a play through of a video game that two of them need to endure through...

#3 Edited by Rorie (2524 posts) -

@somberowl: It's pretty difficult to commit to doing something (the same thing) every day, especially with only four people physically in the office and many other things going on. It's not super busy right now, but post-PAX there's going to be a lot of game preview events, developer visits, new consoles coming in, etc. Going to be a busy few months until the end of the year. Even Daily DOTA's more like a weekly DOTA at this point.

Staff Online
#4 Posted by Aetheldod (3494 posts) -

@rorie: Hey ... just a sugestion remember fondly the tour guides on the ol whiskey media offices ... would be cool if Vinny and Drew did something like that :D

(err not as a daily video or anything like that ... just for funsies)

#5 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2855 posts) -

What we really need is just more random game features. Take Daily Dota and apply it to any game. I'd love to see Vinny play a puzzle game over a two or three day period. Really I wish Vinny would get on the Bombastica train... Or maybe a morning meetings podcast with Vinny and Drew and etc where they discuss the plan of attack for the day. Would be interesting. More behind the scenes stuff is always welcome and seems just a wee bit easier for the duders to put together too. Just do what you normally do - and tape it.

#6 Edited by csl316 (7953 posts) -

Meh, daily shows could get monotonous and forced.

#7 Posted by SomberOwl (627 posts) -

@rorie: Yeah I get your point, but even something thats not video content. Like a wrap up of what else has been going on around the web on other gaming sites that we could checkout. A highlight of features on other websites. Games Radar does something like this at the end of the weekend.

Or super relaxed and unprofessional videos in the style of I Love Mondays or the Mailbag videos, where they just talk about the stuff around the web they're reading and watching or just find interesting.

#8 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@rorie said:

@somberowl: It's pretty difficult to commit to doing something (the same thing) every day, especially with only four people physically in the office and many other things going on. It's not super busy right now, but post-PAX there's going to be a lot of game preview events, developer visits, new consoles coming in, etc. Going to be a busy few months until the end of the year. Even Daily DOTA's more like a weekly DOTA at this point.

You would get bored real fast...How about you just post puppy pictures on the front page Rorie?

#9 Posted by Rorie (2524 posts) -

@aetheldod: I think they did something like that when we first moved in...not much has really changed around the office. But maybe I can snap a few pictures here and there or something!

Staff Online
#10 Edited by WilliamHenry (1200 posts) -

@rorie: Yeah I get your point, but even something thats not video content. Like a wrap up of what else has been going on around the web on other gaming sites that we could checkout. A highlight of features on other websites. Games Radar does something like this at the end of the weekend.

So you want them to spend their time finding reasons for you to leave Giant Bomb and check out other sites? Does seem like the best business idea. Its not their job to find stuff for you to do after you've checked out everything here. Besides, doesn't Patrick already do this with his Worth Reading weekly column?

#11 Edited by maccyd (62 posts) -

Daily Classic game? It's not like you'd repeat games often, plenty of choice!

#12 Edited by SomberOwl (627 posts) -

@somberowl said:

So you want them to spend their time finding reasons for you to leave Giant Bomb and check out other sites? Does seem like the best business idea. Its not their job to find stuff for you to do after you've checked out everything here. Besides, doesn't Patrick already do this with his Worth Reading weekly column?

Yeah he does, but a video of all of them just talking about what they found interesting around the net. Like just say "hey this article on this I found really interesting", or "You got to check out this video of this guy playing... or whatever", or "Person has a really good post on his blog"