• 77 results
ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By ShadowSkill11

I spent about a weeks pay on Amazon buying launch PS4, a PS4 camera, a launch XBox One, Tales of Xillia pre-order, and a Shin Megami Tensei 4 preorder. Woe is me...

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@shadowskill11: A weeks pay on all that?! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WORK AS???

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By awesomeusername

@awesomeusername said:

$1000 isn't an outrageous amount for weekly income.

In your state/country maybe. I live in New York City so that sounds outrageous. Mainly because most of this city's population is filled with losers who either work shit jobs or live their life off welfare. I sound like a complete asshole but it's true. New York's a shithole unless you're in the city or upstate. Now I'm not saying I'm one of those people, I'm a (About to be) 21 year old college student so I still have a lot to do with my life but it's clear when you walk around and all you see is people hanging outside their building every day of their life talking crap, selling dope and doing other life wasting activities.

Sorry about the rant. I really hate this state.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's more than $1000. i was counting tax and shipping. I'm a Systems Field Engineer most of the time and an Information Systems Supervisor one weekend a month, two weeks a year.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilzrule27 said:

@awesomeusername said:

In your state/country maybe. I live in New York City so that sounds outrageous. Mainly because most of this city's population is filled with losers who either work shit jobs or live their life off welfare. I sound like a complete asshole but it's true. New York's a shithole unless you're in the city or upstate. Now I'm not saying I'm one of those people, I'm a (About to be) 21 year old college student so I still have a lot to do with my life but it's clear when you walk around and all you see is people hanging outside their building every day of their life talking crap, selling dope and doing other life wasting activities.

Up until this year I lived and made a living in New Jersey.

Anyway being that you're 21 yeah I guess that is a lot of money. Before I got a better job I was happy to get close to a $1000 in two weeks, sometimes even a month. But once you get past those entry level jobs making a $1000 or close to it, before taxes obviously, isn't uncommon. Especially across the Hudson in the North East Jersey.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilzrule27 said:

@awesomeusername said:

If you live in New York City, $1000 a week is a pretty tight budget. I live on the lower east side of Manhattan and my rent is $2400 a month.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

You make in one week what I make in a month, you awful showoff.

#downwiththeonepercent

TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geez Scrooge McDuck. Don't drown in your pile of gold.

Darson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Darson

@shadowskill11 said:

and an Information Systems Supervisor one weekend a month, two weeks a year.

I see what you did there.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

I'm a soldier and in a week, I'd be able to afford the PS4 before sales tax but that's it.

Luckily I get all-expenses-paid trips to exotic eastern locales every 2-3 years to make up for the crummy pay.

Sursh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Sursh

I'm a soldier and in a week, I'd be able to afford the PS4 before sales tax but that's it.

Luckily I get all-expenses-paid trips to exotic eastern locales every 2-3 years to make up for the crummy pay.

i'm curious: how exactly is the soldier life? is it as fulfilling as the ads make it out to be? not that i'm ever planning to join, just wondering.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Guess you'll have to wait to buy that solid diamond toilet Master Wayne. It would have taken me 2 months to make what you make in a week at my last job. I probably shouldn't miss it as much as I do.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By spankingaddict

I feel sorry for ya :P

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15  Edited By Castiel

@shadowskill11: THIS IS A FORUM THREAD ROBBERY! GIVE ME ALL THE MONEY!

I guess what I'm saying is damn son, you make a lot of money. I'm just a poor peasant.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By joshwent

...people hanging outside their building every day of their life talking crap, selling dope and doing other life wasting activities.

"Those people" probably make more than $1000/week.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys have no idea how much a stripper can make on a good night..

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JouselDelka

Why a PS4 camera? for Skype?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@awesomeusername: As a person from NYC I gotta say that 4k a month is not that outrageous as long as you're not a young college student, which appears you are. As consolation I can tell you that with time you will start earning more money and $1000 a week will actually seem kinda shitty when you have bigger bills to pay.

rpgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me try and steer this back to what was probably intended:

Yeah, it's become an exciting time for games. The fight has already begun and it'll be really interesting to see the results, plus, even if they're mostly flashy pre-defined trailers, a lot of the gamees coming look amazing. Even though I'm not getting the consoles myself, I'm looking forward to all the potential that is being thrown around right now.

Dunster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL @ anyone drooling over 52K a years as if it's some huge salary.

JBird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JBird

@dunster: this thread is so weird to read as an english duder, over here if you are on 52k a year you are doing really really well. That is a super high salary! However i did the maths and realised that The english equivilent of a 52k dollar salary is £33,000, and i dunno what its like where you live but while that isnt a huge amount in the grand scheme of things there are hundreds of thousands of people who would dream of earning that amount and i wouldnt be so presumptuous as to laugh at them.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I spent about a weeks pay on Amazon buying launch PS4, a PS4 camera, a launch XBox One, Tales of Xillia pre-order, and a Shin Megami Tensei 4 preorder. Woe is me...

I spend about a days pay on buying a PS4 and a launch Xbone.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@rpgee said:

Let me try and steer this back to what was probably intended:

Yeah, it's become an exciting time for games. The fight has already begun and it'll be really interesting to see the results, plus, even if they're mostly flashy pre-defined trailers, a lot of the gamees coming look amazing. Even though I'm not getting the consoles myself, I'm looking forward to all the potential that is being thrown around right now.

Fuck that, I wanna talk about wage differentiation between New York boroughs!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Occupy OP.

Nezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#26  Edited By Nezza

Moasting

A verb signifying the combination of moaning and boasting, often employed by celebrities.

This morning, Lord Melbury moasted "Poor me, I have to attend a three hour awards ceremony to accept a lifetime achievement award!" Jim commented that all this moasting was beginning to get on his nerves.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By thatdutchguy
@brodehouse said:

Occupy OP.

Loading Video...

Occupy this thread !

IAmNotBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By IAmNotBatman

*Two months pay*

JBird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatdutchguy: Your comment.....your username.......Mr Van Persie! It is a pleasure to have you on the forums sir :P I believe you may have missed the word "half " from before day.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread sucks.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jbird said:

@thatdutchguy: Your comment.....your username.......Mr Van Persie! It is a pleasure to have you on the forums sir :P I believe you may have missed the word "half " from before day.

Thank you very much,sir.

I enjoy these forums quite a lot!

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Is this gross pay or net pay we're talking? That makes a big difference. You can include 401(k) matching if you want, but not health insurance premiums because those go down the drain.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Great, you spent 1000 dollars, yay!

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dunster: coming from a country where the average income (pre-tax) is maybe $30k,i would love to be on nearly double that, instead I am on not even half that.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By oraknabo

I can understand starting a generation with one console, getting another a couple of years later and eventually ending the gen with 2 or 3, but it seems completely insane to buy the 2 most expensive ones at the same time before you barely even know anything about them.

If you do this you are either too rich for your own good or mentally challenged. Don't go online afterward complaining about it like you aren't in control of your own actions. No one made you make this terrible "hardcore gamer" consumer decision.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By I_smell

#HumbleBrag

Avatar image for kristov_romanov
kristov_romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oraknabo said:

.......but it seems completely insane to buy the 2 most expensive ones at the same time before you barely even know anything about them.......

My idea of insane is murder, random assault, so on. Not buying games stuff based on ones personal situations or entertainment interests.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Damn dude, you went all out with your pre-orders.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilzrule27 said:

@awesomeusername said:

for me is sure as shit would be.

$52,000 a year isn't that much, factory workers make that.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Word. 1k a week is simply comfortable living.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#42  Edited By veektarius

As someone with roughly the OPs salary assuming he's talking net, you're somewhere in the $70k range in gross at that level, which is respectable, but you're not exactly next in line for Kim Kardashian's sloppy seconds on that paycheck. Though I'm sure she's done with that now that she's pregnant.

As excited as I am for some of these games, preordering seems a little crazy after the shitshow that was first gen hardware in 2005. And if that chain of events taught me anything at all, it's to be more suspicious of the quality of construction in the cheaper console.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#43  Edited By Bollard

@shadowskill11: Why dump that much money now? Rather than, you know, near when the stuff actually might come out?

Also, man it must suck in America where they take the full asking price for a pre-order... Imagine all the interest they make off of that. Retailers must love that. Hooray for only paying for stuff once it's shipped.

llamaegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowskill11: Why dump that much money now? Rather than, you know, near when the stuff actually might come out?

Also, man it must suck in America where they take the full asking price for a pre-order... Imagine all the interest they make off of that. Retailers must love that. Hooray for only paying for stuff once it's shipped.

Yep, I pre-ordered knowing that I won't have to pay for it to ship, though honestly it's not a deal regardless, the money for this stuff will sit untouched in my account till release anyway.

But yep, I fall in with the OP, pre-ordered both systems the first chance I got.

Cretaceous_Bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Cretaceous_Bob

@mideonnviscera said:

I live pretty comfortably on less than half that. If I made 1K a week I'd be a rich motherfucker.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mideonnviscera said:

I live pretty comfortably on less than half that. If I made 1K a week I'd be a rich motherfucker.

Fucking truth.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By oldenglishc

@chavtheworld said:

That's not how it works. Most places don't require any money for a pre-order, and the ones that do never require the full amount.

EDIT- I guess by most places I mean Amazon.

Avatar image for Unannounced_Fart
Omelet_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nezza said:

Moasting

A verb signifying the combination of moaning and boasting, often employed by celebrities.

This morning, Lord Melbury moasted "Poor me, I have to attend a three hour awards ceremony to accept a lifetime achievement award!" Jim commented that all this moasting was beginning to get on his nerves.

LOL, I never heard of this term before, but I'd say that OP is definitely moasting here.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MideonNViscera

@cretaceous_bob said:

@mideonnviscera said:

Fucking truth.

Obviously we have different ideas of comfort.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By artelinarose

@strainedeyes said:

@cretaceous_bob said:

@mideonnviscera said:

Fucking truth.

Obviously we have different ideas of comfort.

You're now an admitted high maintenance boyfriend.