Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dan Ryckert

Person » credited in 4 games

Senior Editor at Giant Bomb from 2014 to 2020. Formerly of Game Informer. Author, Guinness World Record holder, lifelong wrestling mark, and failed musician. After a brief stint as Podcast Producer at WWE Ryckert returned to help guide the next generation of Giant Bomb.

Dan Ryckert

Julius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Julius

I just want to make a quick blog post and express how much I've come to like Dan Ryckert. What a stellar pick from Jeff for a new hire. The #1 key thing about Dan is that he makes Jeff seem normal, which is important because Jeff often fills the roles Ryan used to fill now, and therefore Jeff needs to play the straight man more and tell fewer crazy stories. Dan isn't just old Jeff, though, he also covers for the loss of raw enthusiasm that Vinny brought to the podcast and other venues.

So far the rollercoaster video and Metal Gear Scanlon have been some of my favorite content, and I can't imagine they would have happened without Dan.

No one could ever replace Ryan, but thank you Giant Bomb for picking such a perfect addition to the cast. @danryckert, thanks for all of your efforts, and keep being you.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I completely agree. Dan is a really entertaining dude. I'm looking forward to ordering his books soon.

Has anyone read this book yet? Thoughts?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Remember when this was a controversial pick?

Anyone that knew Dan from GI could see it was the perfect choice. Jason is great to have onboard, too.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Dan is a AAA guy, but Jason is the sleeper hit no one saw coming. Him having his wife on Extra Life was alone worth hiring the guy.

Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Dan is truly the perfect addition, but I rekon Jason A. Striker is also an amazing pick.

He brings his own addition to the team, being the ever-knowing voice of God (especially on Metal Gear Scanlon), I wish he'd chime in more though.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

He definitely brings an enthusiasm to the site that it's been missing. It's often a sort of blundering, naïve enthusiasm, but enthusiasm nonetheless.

Big shoes to fill following Ryan's passing, and I still miss Ryan's brand of pure exuberance when he thought a game was simply awesome, and his ability to totally blast a game that had just completely fucked something up.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I like Dan too, but he's a bit of a dum dum. Just wish he wouldn't talk so much about wrestling. B+ would hire again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.