Danish citizens of Giantbomb - Copenhagen reccommendations?

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By splodge

Hey!

I am going to be travelling around mainland Europe for a couple of weeks and will be in Copenhagen from the 22nd - 26th of October. Any Danish folk have any ideas about where I should go / what I should see / where the party is at? Is there anything that is a definite must see?

Cheers!

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Experimentarium! When it's open
But that's just me, I love that place because it's all Scienc-y and Dinosaurs.

And just really walking around in Copenhagen and checking out stores is probably fun too.
Recommendations are hard when you've been there a lot though, like, I don't know what would be fun to check out for someone coming here.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That place looks awesome! That's precisely what I am looking for.

Whats the deal with bars / clubs etc? Is it the usual mainland Europe opening hours? I live in Ireland, and pubs here close at 11:30 / 12:30, clubs max open til around 3:30 am.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By zeforgotten

I never really went to any clubs or bars in Copenhagen, the party was usually at my place or a friends place for us.
Some bars here where I live now are open to like, I dunno, when the stores open up again so the "regulars" (also known as hardcore alcoholics) can walk straight from there to the store and buy more alcohol before heading home. For the whole clubbing stuff you wanna find someone more "hip" or "less inclined to throw an actual party that isn't overpriced" :P

Or buy a club and find a seal.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By splodge

Cheers for the info! I would love to go clubbing with Seal.

Loading Video...

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well it really depends on what you would like to see, and if your only staying in Copenhagen, and granted i dont know that much about what going on there and whats in, but the usual would be as zeforgotten said the experimentarium, but Christiania is also a common place to go, nyhavn, tivoli, the round tower (runnetårnet), Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek, Tycho Brahe Planetarium.
i also dont know about bars, but most usually close around 6 or so am but i have heard that hive, Karriere Bar, rust and kb3 should be good. but also fairly overpriced compared to what im used to

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grillbar said:

well it really depends on what you would like to see, and if your only staying in Copenhagen, and granted i dont know that much about what going on there and whats in, but the usual would be as zeforgotten said the experimentarium, but Christiania is also a common place to go, nyhavn, tivoli, the round tower (runnetårnet), Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek, Tycho Brahe Planetarium.

i also dont know about bars, but most usually close around 6 or so am but i have heard that hive, Karriere Bar, rust and kb3 should be good. but also fairly overpriced compared to what im used to

Oh right Christiania and Tivoli as well. No idea why I didn't think of those.
Well ok one of them is "meh" to me because it's basically the Mos Eisley of Denmark except without interesting people and spaceships, but yes, Tivoli! Why the hell did I forget about that place.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Get a copy of Kierkekiller while you're there. Most brutally violent game I've ever played.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks guys!

Rabidrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh you are really into smokeless tobacco huh? You should just try the regular old tin of snuff and see how you like that. Or you could just get the chew.

thesquarepear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By thesquarepear

Gaming related: Rent a bike and go see this freak show :)

video

http://www.rubenogbobby.dk/site/

(I haven't been there myself)

IMO clubs attract the worst kind of people but if you insist you can check out Jazzhouse or Culture Box.

Live concert venues are better and there are a couple like Vega and Amager Bio.

For bars you should try a place with craft beers.

For day activities you can go for a walk in one of the parks, check out the zoo or get some exercise in one of the public pools.

Don't mind us locals. We hate everyone including ourselves :P

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

All the cool stuff I saw in Denmark was pretty far outside Copenhagen. Like Legoland, a viking museum, and the Hans Christian Andersen Museum.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zeforgotten

All the cool stuff I saw in Denmark was pretty far outside Copenhagen. Like Legoland, a viking museum, and the Hans Christian Andersen Museum.

Yeah I was thinking about Legoland as well but since it was for Copenhagen that's kind of a long trip to take just for a few hours in Legoland.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

Go biking!

Loading Video...

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers