• 105 results
#1 Posted by Flacracker (1597 posts) -

He reveals it on the latest episode of The Point. Will he be a permanent fixture at Giant Bomb? One can only hope... But I do pray that he will show up in more Giant Bomb content. That BioForge stuff was great.

#2 Edited by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

Did you just call it Sanny Franny...........?

Really dude?....Really?

(but yes, i like that dude, and bioforge was amazing)

#3 Posted by peffy (12 posts) -

He said in his twitter & tumblr that he is going to be working for GameSpot in the SF office. It is always possible that he will turn up in more Giant Bomb stuff, but who knows if that will actually happen.

#4 Posted by TheHT (10888 posts) -

Hot dog! This is very good news.

#5 Posted by Aegon (5403 posts) -

@peffy said:

He said in his twitter & tumblr that he is going to be working for GameSpot in the SF office. It is always possible that he will turn up in more Giant Bomb stuff, but who knows if that will actually happen.

Pretty sure he will. I think he enjoys hanging out with the bomb crew.

#6 Edited by Hengst (47 posts) -

He works at Gamespot and will continue to work at Gamespot.

#7 Edited by pyromagnestir (4246 posts) -

He and Drew and Jeff need to get together and endurance run the fuck out of that alpaca game...

#8 Posted by BeachThunder (11699 posts) -

Yesss. It will be much easier for him to be kidnapped by Giant Bomb this way >:D

#9 Posted by iceman228433 (583 posts) -

That would be amazing if he joined the Bombcast but Gamespot would be very dumb not to build everything around him he is the best they have right now.

#10 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4594 posts) -

I'm thinking Giant Bomb should conduct a secret hire in his case. Sure he's a "gamespot employee" but he should be an under-the-table member of Giant Bomb.

#11 Posted by adam1808 (1373 posts) -

So what you're saying is Vinny needs to dig up that Hotspot call ASAP for when Danny comes on the bombcast.

#12 Edited by kishinfoulux (2255 posts) -

I don't get the love for this guy at all. Just because he stands out at GameSpot doesn't really say much. That place is devoid of likeable personalities.

#13 Posted by jayjonesjunior (1087 posts) -

I don't get the love for this guy at all. Just because he stands out at GameSpot doesn't really say much. That place is devoid of likeable personalities.

The grass is always greener on the other side.

#14 Posted by Rick_Fingers (524 posts) -

@kishinfoulux: how about the fact he has appeared in several pieces of Giant Bomb content and was great, and that he has legitimate charisma and meshed well with the guys.

You know, the reasons people "love the guy" that have been expounded upon quite a bit.

#15 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

try watching the bioforge live streams maybe?

#16 Edited by TruthTellah (8537 posts) -

This is only the first step in the master plan.

#17 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3751 posts) -

Welcome to beautiful Sanny Franny

#18 Posted by Vuud (1943 posts) -

#19 Posted by GreggD (4477 posts) -

@kishinfoulux: how about the fact he has appeared in several pieces of Giant Bomb content and was great, and that he has legitimate charisma and meshed well with the guys.

You know, the reasons people "love the guy" that have been expounded upon quite a bit.

I like to think of Danny as the Irish Vinny. They share a lot of the same genuine enthusiasm for games, and the tendencies to just dick around and find the humor in breaking games any way they can.

#20 Posted by Capum15 (4813 posts) -

Awesome, I've enjoyed his appearances, especially in BioForge.

#21 Posted by wjb (1638 posts) -

So...you're...saying...that since he stands out in a place devoid of likeable personalities...he is likeable? No offense, you can dislike whomever, but some people's criteria for enjoying personalities is pretty simple.

#22 Posted by WalkerD (461 posts) -

I'm astonished to find out I'm not the only person who says Sanny Franny.

#23 Edited by chrissedoff (2075 posts) -

Sanny Franny bo banny banana fana fo fanny fee fi fo fanny

#24 Posted by chrissedoff (2075 posts) -

Sanny Franny

#25 Posted by MB (11983 posts) -

@walkerd said:

As someone who lives in San Francisco, I can tell you that I've never seen or heard "Sanny Franny" before. In fact, I think if you did say that out loud around here, you may get punched in the face.

PSA for visitors: It's either San Francisco or The City. Not SF, Frisco, San Fran, or any other variation!

#26 Edited by lun49gameon (117 posts) -

Danny O' Dwyer is the face of the new Gamespot, just like randy orton is the face of the WWE!!

I just want him to appear on a giantbomb unprofessional fridays.

#27 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11477 posts) -

I am all for more Danny/Giant Bomb crossover content. Now if only he'd work at GB for real and ditch those uncharismatic dullards at Gamespot...

#28 Posted by TruthTellah (8537 posts) -

What a coincidence! Back in California, my drag queen name was Sanny Franny.

/jk

#29 Posted by WalkerD (461 posts) -

@mb: I stand by my decision to always refer to it as Sanny Franny.

#30 Posted by Soap (3565 posts) -

Danny is the only good thing about Gamespot. Good for him! The chance to see him in more Giant Bomb stuff has me excited!

#31 Posted by ToTheNines (646 posts) -

Yesyesyesyes, I hope he will become a part of more GB stuff.But he will probably stay at gamespot of course.

#32 Edited by billymagnum (719 posts) -

sanny franny?! home of danny tanny?!?!

#33 Posted by Mister_V (1194 posts) -

They need to broadcast random encounter on GB now, and get Vinny involved. That would be Internet gold.

#34 Posted by Fattony12000 (7053 posts) -

The Big San-San.

#35 Posted by Xeiphyer (5595 posts) -

That accent is too sexy to be in any GB content, we just can't handle that kind of thing on this side of the "pond".!!!!!!!!1

#36 Edited by Yummylee (21255 posts) -

I really wouldn't want Danny to join GB, as that would almost assuredly put an end to his The Point and Mount Stupid videos. Lord knows he wouldn't have nearly the budget to be involved in anything comparable when working at GB, either... Occasional appearances here and there would be the perfect middle ground, where he can still technically be a member of Gamespot, but also show up in (some) GB content.

@arbitrarywater said:

I am all for more Danny/Giant Bomb crossover content. Now if only he'd work at GB for real and ditch those uncharismatic dullards at Gamespot...

All of the GSUK folks (and some of GSAU, too) have charisma, especially Seb, and Johnny too, while is also (intentionally) kinda snooty a lot of the time. His Falling in Love with Lara videos were absolutely hilarious all the same. And of course the only reason so many people are so smitten with Danny in the first place is because of the Bioforge videos; he would otherwise be in complete obscurity for the most part, just like all of the other fine people over at Gamespot are currently.

I've for the longest time thought it was pretty unfair for so many people to still have such a skewed outlook on Gamespot, purely based on its US team, or because they don't even visit the site to begin with! Not saying you don't visit the site mind, just speaking in generalisations at this point. And even then, some of the US guys I find to be pretty likeable; Kevin VanOrd and Giancarlo Varanini certainly have personality at the very least.

#37 Posted by masterpaperlink (1829 posts) -

one step closer to joining giant bomb

#38 Posted by EuanDewar (4758 posts) -

I love Danny but I dont think I would want him joining Giant Bomb. He's an all around talented guy but the stuff where he really shines is his written and heavily edited stuff which GB have shown they don't really care about anymore or at the very least dont have the resources for. This situation where he joins the Gamespot SF offices and then has the ability to occasionally show up in GB videos from time to time is the best outcome for me.

#39 Posted by Humanity (8811 posts) -

I was thinking about making this thread but after my previous Danny thread I was scared that it would solidify the theory that I have a crush on him.

And no one can know..

#40 Posted by andrew2696 (295 posts) -

@mister_v: I just started watching the highlights for Random Encounter and they are just delightful.

And if they want Vinny, Danny did say he wanted to finish Hatoful during the holidays. Weather that changed or anything I don't know since by recently I mean like Monday.

#41 Posted by Abendlaender (2764 posts) -

Wait Danny O'Dwyer working at Gamespot US? That's like if a squirrel on coffee would join the "convention for particularly boring sloths".... I just can't imagine that. An interesting personality on Gamespot? What?

#42 Posted by lKennedyl (47 posts) -

Fuck yea Irish. I like that guy. He's funny and has charisma and stuff. He says funny things like "Danger Mouse" instead of "dangerous" which is really, really funny to me. Also "Queenie pennies" and "amberlamps".

#43 Edited by theodacourt (519 posts) -

I really hope he shows up in more Giant Bomb stuff! Come over Danny, the water is cool.

#44 Posted by joey (980 posts) -

Sanny Franny, short for Sancisco Francisco

#45 Edited by Veektarius (4598 posts) -

@mb said:

@walkerd said:

As someone who lives in San Francisco, I can tell you that I've never seen or heard "Sanny Franny" before. In fact, I think if you did say that out loud around here, you may get punched in the face.

PSA for visitors: It's either San Francisco or The City. Not SF, Frisco, San Fran, or any other variation!

There is only one The City, and it is thousands of miles from there.

#46 Edited by Veektarius (4598 posts) -

That would be amazing if he joined the Bombcast but Gamespot would be very dumb not to build everything around him he is the best they have right now.

Yeah, Gamespot isn't exactly swimming in marketable talent. Unless they're tanking for first pick in the game personality draft, I doubt he's available.

#47 Posted by Brendan (7687 posts) -

Wait, why wouldn't you just say San Fran if you're going to go that route? Are you being intentionally cute?

#48 Edited by GaspoweR (2805 posts) -

I'm cc'ing @dannyodwyer so he can tell us himself when he checks back in GB. ;)

#49 Posted by churrific (475 posts) -

@yummylee: I agree. Most of their original programming content comes from the UK/Aus offices, and I enjoy almost all of their personalities. Most of the writing talent is in the U.S., and that's their focus moreso than being personalities. Hopefully Danny brings a change in dynamics to that office...lol if anything just to make them more likeable in general.

#50 Posted by Humanity (8811 posts) -

@yummylee: I agree. Most of their original programming content comes from the UK/Aus offices, and I enjoy almost all of their personalities. Most of the writing talent is in the U.S., and that's their focus moreso than being personalities. Hopefully Danny brings a change in dynamics to that office...lol if anything just to make them more likeable in general.

I dunno, any time I open a video on GameSpot I'm greeted by an unfamiliar and scary accent. I don't even know WHO works at the US office at this point. Well, Carolyn Petit, thanks to the controversy I know she works there.