Danny O'Dwyer on if Titanfall can kill CoD

• 67 results
oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Aside from a few select things that are impossible to improve on - original Coke, toast, BJ's - popular things eventually stop being popular. It wasn't that long ago when 8 out of every 10 games were mascot themed platformers. People just get tired of one thing and move on to the next.

CoD will barely be a blip on the radar one day, like so many other once popular franchises, but it won't be because one game knocked it out.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Aside from a few select things that are impossible to improve on ...BJ's...

What about deepthroat, for example? Just sayin'. There are BJs, and then there are BEEEEEJAAAAAYs.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Aside from a few select things that are impossible to improve on - original Coke...

Also, until *original* Coke - the one with Cocaine - is re-established on the market, there's always that. And if you're talking US-style corn syrup coke, you'd be wrong anyways.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli said:

@oldenglishc said:

Aside from a few select things that are impossible to improve on ...BJ's...

What about deepthroat, for example? Just sayin'. There are BJs, and then there are BEEEEEJAAAAAYs.

I'll let you know once I find a giraffe that's down to party.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By oldenglishc

@seppli: Real sugar, green glass bottle, Mexican Coke is pretty fantastic.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#57  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Ezekiel

Perhaps in a few years. Advertising the series with "From the creators of Call of Duty" will help.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ohhh hey it's Jeff!

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By djou

@rockyraccoon37: Ok, I was slightly misremembering but I still say that the newer CoD games are neither fun nor good. True they have polished gameplay/mechanics, smooth frame rates, and pretty graphics but so did Rage and that game was completely mediocre, technically impressive but neither fun nor good. I think at one point they were well-designed but the latest iterations of CoD games are incremental changes of the old formula. I think that's why people are so excited about Titanfall. In all respects its a game that shouldn't work, the mechs should be overpowered, and the fighters to fast to shoot, but the promise is that is does work. This may be true but it will come with the same warts and imbalance issues that all these games have. The sequels will slowly iterate and polish the game, but none of them will be as fun or good as the original. My main concern with TF is that is appears extremely shallow gameplay wise. I get the whole idea without even playing it, and it seems fun as hell but for how long?

jimmy_p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By jimmy_p

Is there any chance Coca Cola might be made with real sugar in Europe.?

oh and most of the casuals will flock onto the latest game, who the fuck cares

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blu3v3nom07: Another winner that was immediately added to my personal stash. You're on a roll.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By Sooty

You don't need to kill CoD. You need to kill publishers that keep trying to make the next CoD, because they are the ones ruining things.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#64  Edited By tearhead

Activision didn't make Green Day: Rock Band.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By MideonNViscera

Isn't Titanfall exclusive to Xbone? If it is, this is a stupid discussion.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Titanfall exclusive to Xbone? If it is, this is a stupid discussion.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Aterons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I for one am poor and pretty damn competitive when it comes to multiplayer, and considering that multiplayer shooters these days base themselves on 2 things:

a) It'll cost around 150$ yearly if you want to buy the game, the dlc and whatever mandatory subscription bollocks

b) You can be better because you played more/payed more and have better weapons/accessories/abilities/other bullshit

So as far as that goes, I don't understand what's going on in the mind of a person that enjoys these kind of games in the first place. Non the less no matter how popular something is I believe that most people eventually get bored or "grow out of it" and it gets replaced by something else.

But i doubt it'll be a huge "migration" from COD to titanfall, rather a constant fall of sales over 10-15 years and a transition to a variety of shooters Titanfall, battlefield, BLR and other that I don't know of or haven't even been created yet.

You can see that's what basically happened with WoW "death" the game didn't die, the subscriber based got poked and prodded by 20 other mmos that stole around 2-0.1% of the subscribes maybe, another bit of them got bored and after 4 years from the 13 peak it's down to 8 millions and maybe in 5 or 10 years it'll go die gracefully, I assume that's what will happen with COD as well.