• 104 results
#1 Edited by fisk0 (4097 posts) -
#2 Edited by RonGalaxy (3164 posts) -

I was about to make a thread, but then saw this. Wonder why he's playing both OG Half Life and black mesa. Seems kinda pointless.

Edit: oops misread that as "including black mesa".

#3 Posted by Shindig (339 posts) -

This is my bank holiday ruined. Never finished Blue Shift.

#4 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5476 posts) -

Barely into the first game and they've already hit their target.

#5 Posted by Alucitary (91 posts) -

I'm surprised this it's not featured on the GB front page. At least until Brad's DOTA thing starts.

#6 Edited by fisk0 (4097 posts) -

I'm surprised this it's not featured on the GB front page. At least until Brad's DOTA thing starts.

Yeah, they could've done the dual stream thing they often do (like what Dan did yesterday), have this in one feed, DOTA in the other

#7 Posted by Quarters (1696 posts) -

I love Danny, but hate Half-Life. I'm so torn.

#8 Edited by kewlsnake (62 posts) -

I was really into the first Half Life and its expansions, not so much in the second one. Maybe I'll finally be able to see the complete story and not some extremely glitchy speedrun.

This thread also made me remember to check out Black Mesa. I was kindof surprised that the Xen section still isn't added to the game, then I remembered that I hated that section in the original game.

#9 Posted by theuprightman (7 posts) -

thank you

#10 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5476 posts) -
@quarters said:

I love Danny, but hate Half-Life. I'm so torn.

I'm not the biggest Half-Half fan either, but Danny and Alexis make it entertaining enough to watch. :)

#11 Posted by Euler_Riemann_Zeta (16 posts) -

@fisk0: Thanks for putting this up here, didn't know until I saw this. They're past $1,000!

#12 Posted by Splodge (1597 posts) -

Heh when Danny is in his comfort zone he swears like a proper Irishman should. I probably say the ol f'bomb once every couple of sentences myself when hanging ten with my bros. We never say that here.

#13 Edited by Rebel_Scum (705 posts) -

Dear god, another Brad Dota thing? How's the guy gonna do a Goty award list at the end of the year when all he's playing is bloomin' Dota lol.

#14 Posted by CorruptedEvil (3181 posts) -

@alucitary said:

Dear god, another Brad Dota thing? How's the guy gonna do a Goty award list at the end of the year when all he's playing is bloomin' Dota lol.

Free time he's allowed to do whatever he wants, even if that's Dota. He plays the games he's assigned at work during work hours.

#15 Posted by pcorb (99 posts) -

@corruptedevil: And who exactly gave him this freedom to play games he wants to play in his spare time? Who the hell does Brad Shoemaker think he is?!

#16 Posted by Stonyman65 (2700 posts) -

Oh this is great. I'm watching it now and Danny's about to lose his goddamn mind over Opposing Force. It's so good.

Also, who the hell thought first-person platforming was a good idea?! The sucks so much.

#17 Posted by OldGuy (1556 posts) -

Just saw this... popped into the stream for 30 seconds (as Amy has hopped downstairs so Divinity: Original Sin co-op [would it be so hard to let the player who joins you control one of the NPCs?] is on hold...) and I immediately knew exactly where he was in HL:OF... I've played those games too many times...

Donation incoming... will be watching in 15 minutes when the dinner bell rings (Waiting for the dinner bell to do the bell thing, Dinner bell, dinner bell, Ding!)

#18 Posted by Capum15 (4899 posts) -

@stonyman65: Been watching for a bit and it's great. Danny is totally slowly losing it on OpFor. The elevator wire moment was great.

#19 Posted by Splodge (1597 posts) -

Yup its a very entertaining show. And I dont know who Greg R is, but he is a generous dude. I tip my hat to you fine sir

#20 Posted by Kasaioni (40 posts) -

Stream ended prematurely?

#21 Posted by Splodge (1597 posts) -

Its back. Heads up, alexis is going to get slapped soon coz of 4k target. Tune in!

#22 Posted by artofwar420 (6289 posts) -

Nice, those early HL games are joyous fun.

#23 Posted by ZolRoyce (692 posts) -

Anyone know if this is going to get archived or not? Does twitch sort of do that automatically? Or if I don't catch it now I wont catch it at all?

#24 Posted by Athadam (692 posts) -

@rebel_scum said:

@alucitary said:

Free time he's allowed to do whatever he wants, even if that's Dota. He plays the games he's assigned at work during work hours.

It's funny that Jeff and Patrick describe being a game reviewer as a job where you don't always get to play specific games for long periods of time or where the privilege of being able to play a vast variety of games (mostly for free too) beats playing any specific one game... and then seeing Brad pretty much do the opposite.

I don't know. It's just hard believing or accepting someone's opinions about video games in general when all they actually play is one game.

#25 Posted by CorruptedEvil (3181 posts) -
@athadam said:

@corruptedevil said:
@rebel_scum said:

@alucitary said:

It's funny that Jeff and Patrick describe being a game reviewer as a job where you don't always get to play specific games for long periods of time or where the privilege of being able to play a vast variety of games (mostly for free too) beats playing any specific one game... and then seeing Brad pretty much do the opposite.

I don't know. It's just hard believing or accepting someone's opinions about video games in general when all they actually play is one game.

You realize Brad has always been like this right? First Quake, then Starcraft and now Dota. It's not a new thing.

#26 Posted by AMyggen (3022 posts) -

@athadam said:

@corruptedevil said:
@rebel_scum said:

@alucitary said:

You realize Brad has always been like this right? First Quake, then Starcraft and now Dota. It's not a new thing.

Very true. He did the exact same thing with SC and to a much lesser extent SCII.

#27 Edited by Splodge (1597 posts) -

Someone embed this gif! Cant on tablet http://i.minus.com/i4vRVRMNFxY5d.gif

#28 Edited by AMyggen (3022 posts) -

#29 Posted by pyromagnestir (4323 posts) -
#30 Posted by Pabba (341 posts) -

Does Alexis celebrate Slapsgiving?!

#31 Edited by Stonyman65 (2700 posts) -

Whoa I missed Alexis getting slapped! What happened there? What did he say?

#32 Posted by ThunderSlash (1720 posts) -

I just tuned in and they are doing pushups. Man Half-Life has changed.

#33 Posted by Capum15 (4899 posts) -

Well that ending was great. I'm looking forward to the resulting gifs.

#34 Posted by myketuna (1693 posts) -

@stonyman65: I believe Alexis agreed to get slapped by Mary Kish if the amount raised reached $4,000. It did. So he got slapped. All in good fun. Later on, Mary agreed to do 100 pushups if the amount reached $5,000. It did. So she did the pushups. Spread out through the stream, but she did them all.

Anyway, I spent the entire day watching this stream. Lots of fun. Really got know both Mary and Tay better and they are some fun people. They should be on GB stuff sometime if they could swing it.

#35 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2155 posts) -

@myketuna said:

@stonyman65: I believe Alexis agreed to get slapped by Mary Kish if the amount raised reached $4,000. It did. So he got slapped. All in good fun. Later on, Mary agreed to do 100 pushups if the amount reached $5,000. It did. So she did the pushups. Spread out through the stream, but she did them all.

Anyway, I spent the entire day watching this stream. Lots of fun. Really got know both Mary and Tay better and they are some fun people. They should be on GB stuff sometime if they could swing it.

Mary "Kush" NEEDS to be on UPF. Probably playing some Gang Beasts with the GB crew/Danny.

#36 Edited by Humanity (9201 posts) -

@myketuna said:

Mary "Kush" NEEDS to be on UPF. Probably playing some Gang Beasts with the GB crew/Danny.

Not to sound like an internet creep but man Mary Kish is really fit, like she has a six pack going on and everything. Also she is really fun - I guess it's a tough choice between a great producer and a great personality. She does appear on some shows, but not nearly enough in my opinion.

#37 Posted by Fram (597 posts) -

@humanity said:

@manhattan_project said:

@myketuna said:

Not to sound like an internet creep but man Mary Kish is really fit, like she has a six pack going on and everything. Also she is really fun - I guess it's a tough choice between a great producer and a great personality. She does appear on some shows, but not nearly enough in my opinion.

Aside from the webcam audio being not too great, this was such a fun stream. Danny cursing up a storm at the Opposing Force ninjas had me laughing heartily here at work. It's the first I've seen of Mary (outside of the PT stream) and she and Alexis kept things entertaining while Danny slogged through.

#38 Posted by Tajasaurus (859 posts) -

I hope this is going to be archived somewhere?

#39 Posted by Shindig (339 posts) -

Yup, its on twitch archive so its good for three weeks at least.

#40 Posted by m4r71n2012 (49 posts) -

i'm in the process of downloading all of this and i'll convert it to something other than flv and then stitch all the 30 minute bits into one video for each game. i'll start a new thread with it all in when I have it all sorted and "hopefully" up on youtube. Seems the only way to keep it for more than a few weeks

#41 Edited by Manhattan_Project (2155 posts) -

i'm in the process of downloading all of this and i'll convert it to something other than flv and then stitch all the 30 minute bits into one video for each game. i'll start a new thread with it all in when I have it all sorted and "hopefully" up on youtube. Seems the only way to keep it for more than a few weeks

You're awesome!

#42 Edited by Humanity (9201 posts) -

Just finished watching the entire Blue Shift segment. That dance segment in the end was killer, Mary was definitely of not the right mind after all the crab, beer, pizza and pushups.

#43 Edited by HammondofTexas (694 posts) -

Danny played through HL1, OP4, and Blue Shift, and it looks like he's doing it again tonight starting with HL2.

#44 Posted by Pie (7097 posts) -

Anyone know when the stream starts today?

#45 Posted by Pie (7097 posts) -

Should be in four hours from now I think

#46 Posted by warxsnake (2650 posts) -

Can't wait for HL2.

OpFor was just painful to watch

Blue Shart wasn't as bad as people were saying, or as bad as I remember it, but that's just relative to OpFor in shittiness.

#47 Posted by fisk0 (4097 posts) -

He didn't state which time Day 2 would start, if it's the same as yesterday it's about 3 hours from now.

#48 Posted by Humanity (9201 posts) -

Can't wait for HL2.

OpFor was just painful to watch

Blue Shart wasn't as bad as people were saying, or as bad as I remember it, but that's just relative to OpFor in shittiness.

I totally forgot how prevalent the platforming was in those Half Life DLC's. When you look at those games and compare them to "puzzles" in todays first person shooters, holy shit. On one hand it's a shame things have gotten so streamlined, on the other I'm glad to never be running back and forth through a bunch of corridors wondering if I'm meant to jump up onto this Coke machine or what.

#49 Edited by Ford_Dent (167 posts) -

Opposing Force is god-awful. I remembered a lot of OpFor from playing it years ago (way more than I thought I'd remember), but somehow I'd blocked out how terrible the level design was, and how overused the ninja dudes are. What a turd of a game.

I remembered a lot less about Blue Shift.

#50 Edited by Terje_P (2 posts) -

Apparently he has real work to do first.

Kinda bad timing for European viewers.