#1  Edited By fisk0  Moderator
RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RonGalaxy

I was about to make a thread, but then saw this. Wonder why he's playing both OG Half Life and black mesa. Seems kinda pointless.

Edit: oops misread that as "including black mesa".

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is my bank holiday ruined. Never finished Blue Shift.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Barely into the first game and they've already hit their target.

Alucitary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm surprised this it's not featured on the GB front page. At least until Brad's DOTA thing starts.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#6  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

I'm surprised this it's not featured on the GB front page. At least until Brad's DOTA thing starts.

Yeah, they could've done the dual stream thing they often do (like what Dan did yesterday), have this in one feed, DOTA in the other

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Danny, but hate Half-Life. I'm so torn.

kewlsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By kewlsnake

I was really into the first Half Life and its expansions, not so much in the second one. Maybe I'll finally be able to see the complete story and not some extremely glitchy speedrun.

This thread also made me remember to check out Black Mesa. I was kindof surprised that the Xen section still isn't added to the game, then I remembered that I hated that section in the original game.

theuprightman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thank you

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@quarters said:

I love Danny, but hate Half-Life. I'm so torn.

I'm not the biggest Half-Half fan either, but Danny and Alexis make it entertaining enough to watch. :)

Avatar image for euler_riemann_zeta
Euler_Riemann_Zeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fisk0: Thanks for putting this up here, didn't know until I saw this. They're past $1,000!

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 splodge  Online

Heh when Danny is in his comfort zone he swears like a proper Irishman should. I probably say the ol f'bomb once every couple of sentences myself when hanging ten with my bros. We never say that here.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Rebel_Scum

Dear god, another Brad Dota thing? How's the guy gonna do a Goty award list at the end of the year when all he's playing is bloomin' Dota lol.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@alucitary said:

Dear god, another Brad Dota thing? How's the guy gonna do a Goty award list at the end of the year when all he's playing is bloomin' Dota lol.

Free time he's allowed to do whatever he wants, even if that's Dota. He plays the games he's assigned at work during work hours.

pcorb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil: And who exactly gave him this freedom to play games he wants to play in his spare time? Who the hell does Brad Shoemaker think he is?!

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh this is great. I'm watching it now and Danny's about to lose his goddamn mind over Opposing Force. It's so good.

Also, who the hell thought first-person platforming was a good idea?! The sucks so much.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just saw this... popped into the stream for 30 seconds (as Amy has hopped downstairs so Divinity: Original Sin co-op [would it be so hard to let the player who joins you control one of the NPCs?] is on hold...) and I immediately knew exactly where he was in HL:OF... I've played those games too many times...

Donation incoming... will be watching in 15 minutes when the dinner bell rings (Waiting for the dinner bell to do the bell thing, Dinner bell, dinner bell, Ding!)

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stonyman65: Been watching for a bit and it's great. Danny is totally slowly losing it on OpFor. The elevator wire moment was great.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 splodge  Online

Yup its a very entertaining show. And I dont know who Greg R is, but he is a generous dude. I tip my hat to you fine sir

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stream ended prematurely?

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 splodge  Online

Its back. Heads up, alexis is going to get slapped soon coz of 4k target. Tune in!

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Nice, those early HL games are joyous fun.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ZolRoyce  Online

Anyone know if this is going to get archived or not? Does twitch sort of do that automatically? Or if I don't catch it now I wont catch it at all?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rebel_scum said:

@alucitary said:

Free time he's allowed to do whatever he wants, even if that's Dota. He plays the games he's assigned at work during work hours.

It's funny that Jeff and Patrick describe being a game reviewer as a job where you don't always get to play specific games for long periods of time or where the privilege of being able to play a vast variety of games (mostly for free too) beats playing any specific one game... and then seeing Brad pretty much do the opposite.

I don't know. It's just hard believing or accepting someone's opinions about video games in general when all they actually play is one game.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@athadam said:

@corruptedevil said:
@rebel_scum said:

@alucitary said:

It's funny that Jeff and Patrick describe being a game reviewer as a job where you don't always get to play specific games for long periods of time or where the privilege of being able to play a vast variety of games (mostly for free too) beats playing any specific one game... and then seeing Brad pretty much do the opposite.

I don't know. It's just hard believing or accepting someone's opinions about video games in general when all they actually play is one game.

You realize Brad has always been like this right? First Quake, then Starcraft and now Dota. It's not a new thing.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@athadam said:

@corruptedevil said:
@rebel_scum said:

@alucitary said:

You realize Brad has always been like this right? First Quake, then Starcraft and now Dota. It's not a new thing.

Very true. He did the exact same thing with SC and to a much lesser extent SCII.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By splodge  Online

Someone embed this gif! Cant on tablet http://i.minus.com/i4vRVRMNFxY5d.gif

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AMyggen
No Caption Provided

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

Pabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Does Alexis celebrate Slapsgiving?!

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By stonyman65

Whoa I missed Alexis getting slapped! What happened there? What did he say?

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I just tuned in and they are doing pushups. Man Half-Life has changed.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that ending was great. I'm looking forward to the resulting gifs.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@stonyman65: I believe Alexis agreed to get slapped by Mary Kish if the amount raised reached $4,000. It did. So he got slapped. All in good fun. Later on, Mary agreed to do 100 pushups if the amount reached $5,000. It did. So she did the pushups. Spread out through the stream, but she did them all.

Anyway, I spent the entire day watching this stream. Lots of fun. Really got know both Mary and Tay better and they are some fun people. They should be on GB stuff sometime if they could swing it.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@myketuna said:

@stonyman65: I believe Alexis agreed to get slapped by Mary Kish if the amount raised reached $4,000. It did. So he got slapped. All in good fun. Later on, Mary agreed to do 100 pushups if the amount reached $5,000. It did. So she did the pushups. Spread out through the stream, but she did them all.

Anyway, I spent the entire day watching this stream. Lots of fun. Really got know both Mary and Tay better and they are some fun people. They should be on GB stuff sometime if they could swing it.

Mary "Kush" NEEDS to be on UPF. Probably playing some Gang Beasts with the GB crew/Danny.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#36  Edited By Humanity

@myketuna said:

Mary "Kush" NEEDS to be on UPF. Probably playing some Gang Beasts with the GB crew/Danny.

Not to sound like an internet creep but man Mary Kish is really fit, like she has a six pack going on and everything. Also she is really fun - I guess it's a tough choice between a great producer and a great personality. She does appear on some shows, but not nearly enough in my opinion.

fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@manhattan_project said:

@myketuna said:

Not to sound like an internet creep but man Mary Kish is really fit, like she has a six pack going on and everything. Also she is really fun - I guess it's a tough choice between a great producer and a great personality. She does appear on some shows, but not nearly enough in my opinion.

Aside from the webcam audio being not too great, this was such a fun stream. Danny cursing up a storm at the Opposing Force ninjas had me laughing heartily here at work. It's the first I've seen of Mary (outside of the PT stream) and she and Alexis kept things entertaining while Danny slogged through.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I hope this is going to be archived somewhere?

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup, its on twitch archive so its good for three weeks at least.

m4r71n2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm in the process of downloading all of this and i'll convert it to something other than flv and then stitch all the 30 minute bits into one video for each game. i'll start a new thread with it all in when I have it all sorted and "hopefully" up on youtube. Seems the only way to keep it for more than a few weeks

Avatar image for manhattan_project
manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

i'm in the process of downloading all of this and i'll convert it to something other than flv and then stitch all the 30 minute bits into one video for each game. i'll start a new thread with it all in when I have it all sorted and "hopefully" up on youtube. Seems the only way to keep it for more than a few weeks

You're awesome!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Humanity

Just finished watching the entire Blue Shift segment. That dance segment in the end was killer, Mary was definitely of not the right mind after all the crab, beer, pizza and pushups.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone know when the stream starts today?

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should be in four hours from now I think

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait for HL2.

OpFor was just painful to watch

Blue Shart wasn't as bad as people were saying, or as bad as I remember it, but that's just relative to OpFor in shittiness.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#47 fisk0  Moderator

He didn't state which time Day 2 would start, if it's the same as yesterday it's about 3 hours from now.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait for HL2.

OpFor was just painful to watch

Blue Shart wasn't as bad as people were saying, or as bad as I remember it, but that's just relative to OpFor in shittiness.

I totally forgot how prevalent the platforming was in those Half Life DLC's. When you look at those games and compare them to "puzzles" in todays first person shooters, holy shit. On one hand it's a shame things have gotten so streamlined, on the other I'm glad to never be running back and forth through a bunch of corridors wondering if I'm meant to jump up onto this Coke machine or what.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Ford_Dent

Opposing Force is god-awful. I remembered a lot of OpFor from playing it years ago (way more than I thought I'd remember), but somehow I'd blocked out how terrible the level design was, and how overused the ninja dudes are. What a turd of a game.

I remembered a lot less about Blue Shift.

Terje_P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Terje_P

Apparently he has real work to do first.

Kinda bad timing for European viewers.