#1 Edited by SGT_HAM (50 posts) -

I got infected by a gravelord in the Tomb of giants and am basically screwed. the regular skeletons turned red and they will run at me when i see them. which i can even though its dark. i dont stand a chance against two of these skeletons at a time. i can kill the regular ones but the ones that are on 4 feet are too hard to kill one. they have like 4 times the health of regular ones and double the damage. as if the regular ones weren't a headache to kill. what to do? where do i find the gravelord and kill him? how to do it easily? i got infected yesterday and apparently its still active. i must kill the gravelord nito. but i cant like this.

#2 Edited by Lukeweizer (2509 posts) -

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/gravelord-servant

This sounds confusing as hell.

Sounds like there should be a summon sign somewhere that you can use to invade the Gravelord Servant that's causing all these extra enemies to show up.

EDIT:

Found this:

• If an infected player loses connection with the Gravelord Servant before they die or quit properly, the Black Phantoms will still appear in their world.
  • While offline, an invisible timer is set to exactly 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes pass, the "Disasters are gone…" message will appear and permanently end the infection.
  • Resting at a bonfire, dying or quiting/reloading the game will reset the timer. This can be used to indefinitely prolong the appearance of the phantoms.

Just stand somewhere safe for 10 minutes until they're gone?

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/gravelord-black-phantoms

#3 Posted by SGT_HAM (50 posts) -

I got the "Disasters are gone" message about 5 times yesterday. nothing happened lol. but i will try.

#4 Posted by j0lter (213 posts) -

Good old gravelording. If you thought the game was hard before, add extra enemies and make them hit harder. Gotta love it.

#5 Posted by Sterling (1736 posts) -

This is one of the few things I have never had the pleasure of experiencing in Dark Souls. Now I kinda wanna.

#6 Posted by Lukeweizer (2509 posts) -

@sgt_ham said:

I got the "Disasters are gone" message about 5 times yesterday. nothing happened lol. but i will try.

The bullet point said to be in Offline mode when you leave it for 10 minutes. Did you try that?

#7 Posted by Shiro2809 (53 posts) -

@sterling: Just to remind you/let you know if you didn't know already, you can only be gravelorded in NG+ and beyond.

#8 Posted by Sterling (1736 posts) -

@shiro2809: I'll have to bust out my old PS3 character then. I think hes on NG+++ See if I can get him gravelorded.

#9 Edited by HeyGuys (153 posts) -

@sterling: Just to remind you/let you know if you didn't know already, you can only be gravelorded in NG+ and beyond.

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure I was Gravelorded the first time I went through Sen's Fortress.

#10 Edited by Capum15 (4573 posts) -

The "Fextralife" wiki for Dark Souls has a good amount of information in it. I've been using that for my second NG playthrough and found it very good.

Here's the Gravelord Servant page.

#11 Edited by Sterling (1736 posts) -

@heyguys said:

@shiro2809 said:

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure I was Gravelorded the first time I went through Sen's Fortress.

Taken from the wiki:

A world with a Gravelord soul sign will spawn numerous Gravelord Black Phantoms, but only if the targeted player is in NG+ or beyond. Those players can then use the soul sign to invade the Gravelord Servant as a Spirit of Vengeance (up to three at a time), with the goal of killing the Gravelord Servant to remove the extra enemies from all affected players' worlds.

#12 Edited by BlackLagoon (1324 posts) -

I thought the title of the thread said "Dark Souls - Got infected by Gameloft", which sounds even more frightening.

#13 Posted by Canteu (2814 posts) -

Gravelord infections are some of the best things for a vet player to get. It makes it interesting at least, cos unless you've had it before, you probably don't know their locations.