Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hodkurtz

Read more at www.thegrindspot.com

Darwin loves Doritos.......

.....because T-Rex's chasing dudes driving Doritos delivery trucks makes the most logical sense. This, from the Xbox.com description of Dash of Destruction, the new Doritos branded Xbox Live Arcade game:

"Doritos' Dash of Destruction is a fun and fast-paced racing game. Blast your way through cities as a hungry Tyrannosaurus Rex, as you chase a speeding Delivery Truck full of tasty Doritos. Or, try zooming in and out of the T-Rex's path of destruction as the speedy Delivery Truck in search of your Doritos drop-off points. For even more racing madness, Chaos mode lets you and three friends charge through cities eating Trucks or trying not to be eaten. In Zen mode, eat the Truck to become the Truck!"

Hey, Doritos! In MY Zen mode, you get to eat my Shit to become a worthless product placement that isn't worth the nothing I have to pay to play it!

At least this "game" is free. And you get 200 points for "completing" it. It doesn't seem fair that I've put 50 hours into Devil May Cry 4, and I'm sitting at 210 points right now. Man....all I had to do was download Dash of Destruction and I would have saved myself months of fun frustration. I wonder if there's a cameo by The King?

I'll possibly download the demo just so I can say with first hand knowledge how much it infuriates me. Or not.
Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Rayfield

Never really understood people slogging through corporate advergames like this one 'just to get the points'. Is your Gamerscore that important to sit through shit games? Doesn't that negate the act of playing video games in the first place i.e. the concept of fun?

(this question is not necessarily directed at you, hodkurtz, just people in general. I think Ryan Davis said he was gonna do this in a recent bombcast and I was baffled)

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kmdrkul
Rayfield said:
 Is your Gamerscore that important to sit through shit games?

Where the hell have you been???
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

Um...did you PLAY the game?  It's actually not that bad of a game.  If they were to put some more time and money into it, offer up a more solid multiplayer component, and beef up the AI, it would be pretty fucking sweet!!!

And plus...T-Rexes are awesome...as well as Doritos...
Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Rayfield
kmdrkul said:
"Rayfield said:
 Is your Gamerscore that important to sit through shit games?

Where the hell have you been???"

Noooo, surely you're joking here.

Are there seriously people out there who would play drek like Lost: The Video Game and Beijing 2008 just to bump up their Gamerscore?