jrl5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By jrl5k

"Be a CCG and do us a solid self.TeamGFB

Hey all, so turns out the iTunes algorithm weights ratings/show reviews pretty heavily. We're trying to line up sponsors to turn this show from merely being a financial disaster into marginally worth doing, so if you could hit up iTunes and give us a review we'd be grateful #blessup

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/team-gfb-radio/id942349906?mt=2"

http://www.reddit.com/r/TeamGFB/comments/442qoq/be_a_ccg_and_do_us_a_solid/

We can all help a fellow duder out with some 5 stars

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Fuck, Dave Lang.

I will help you.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I listen to the podcast every once in a while. I like dave lang. I really do. But the structure of the podcast leaves a lot to be desired. They have some great story sometimes. I find myself being bored most of the time. That isn't to say they aren't interesting people, I think it really just lies in the format of the podcast. I think that's why they're not getting any traction. 5 stars may put them on the map, but I don't think it will raise their listeners in the long run

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

After 10,000 years he's free. It's time to conquer Earth!

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By hassun

Do you need some kind of itunes client and/or account for this? Because that's not going to happen.

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

You have to do a push up for every star you didn't give.

jrl5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun said:

Do you need some kind of itunes client and/or account for this? Because that's not going to happen.

Yea, either the client or on an iPhone directly in the itunes app.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give me Windjammers 2, then we'll talk.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually using iTunes to look up podcasts? I feel so....dirty.

Which, I guess, is the only way to feel when Lang is involved so i'll do this later :P

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

@hassun said:

Ditto. Sorry D-Leazy.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I listen to the podcast every once in a while. I like dave lang. I really do. But the structure of the podcast leaves a lot to be desired. They have some great story sometimes. I find myself being bored most of the time. That isn't to say they aren't interesting people, I think it really just lies in the format of the podcast. I think that's why they're not getting any traction. 5 stars may put them on the map, but I don't think it will raise their listeners in the long run

This might seem counter-intuitive, but actually a middling review (say 2/3 stars) is better for a podcast than no review at all. Not only does it allow the creators a chance to find out where to improve, but iTunes will still increase the ranking merely based on the fact it is a review. I think the argument is that it shows some form of interest, and a middling review is helpful to potential future listeners to either avoid what they also dislike, or maybe they don't mind those faults.

BananasFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So... I've been on Giant Bomb every day since it started and I had no idea Lang had a podcast.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@hassun said:

Ditto. Sorry D-Leazy.

Yep, same here. Sorry man.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anund said:
@kanerobot said:
@hassun said:

Ditto. Sorry D-Leazy.

Fourthed.

Crackinwise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not about raising the listener count, it's about getting sponsored.

BananasFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dixavd said:
@travisrex said:

This might seem counter-intuitive, but actually a middling review (say 2/3 stars) is better for a podcast than no review at all. Not only does it allow the creators a chance to find out where to improve, but iTunes will still increase the ranking merely based on the fact it is a review. I think the argument is that it shows some form of interest, and a middling review is helpful to potential future listeners to either avoid what they also dislike, or maybe they don't mind those faults.

Apparently true. Youtube functions this way. Either an upvote or a downvote on a video... Youtube does not care. They just track engagement.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just realized I haven't used iTunes for a couple years at least.

DFL017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DFL017

@anund said:
@kanerobot said:
@hassun said:

Ditto. Sorry D-Leazy.

Fourthed.

Yup.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate how Itunes-centric podcasts are...I'd love to leave reviews but I'm an android user, I don't go anywhere near Itunes!

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

I want to continue to influence David Lang to keep doing this podcast that is costing him money. Done.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I'd help, but I don't use iTunes. I neither have an account nor can I really see a reason -beyond helping Dave- to get one. And, of course the downside to making an iTunes account is that it would make Apple feel like they were ACTUALLY doing something of use for me - which they aren't.

Point me towards tee-shirts, tell me where to download his podcast outside of Apple, or even just tell me to buy one of his games. That is all I am willing to do.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TravisRex

@monkeyking1969: I use Podcast addict on android, you can search itunes list of podcasts to get it. You can't Rate it though