Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By ThePickle

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=userinfo&user=8493

Enjoy.

Dave on movies:

"After living in japan for 5 months I definitely felt the love for lost in translation. some people just don't like indie movies. i used to think that good indie flicks like lost in translation didnt make money because no one knew about them, then i happened into a multiplex playing mullholland drive where spillover from a sold out action movie actually packed the mullholland showing. the majority of the audience was so rude and loud during the showing of such a cool movie i then decided that for the most part, people just want their popcorn flicks and only a few (thank god for the internet) of us like deep, well written and unpredictable films. some people get bored watching movies where people just talk, others of us expect good dialouge in every movie we see.

i won't lay it down to tastes though, like some people like action, and some people like writing. of all the movie peeps i know (i tend to know a lot from guzzle) people who actually spend the time to see lots of good movies, classics, and independent cinema tend to move over to the well written camp eventually. you don't see users on my site trying to dump their weird indie flicks, but their hammy action flicks that they're embarrassed to have in their collection.

not to say action flicks can't be well written, anyone who has seen the professional, blade runner, or alien would obviously chew my head off. they are of course the rarity though. you have better chances these days of seeing a quality film if you seek out indie flicks...

example...fav movies of last year

the house of sand and fog

in america

city of god

lost in translation

mystic river

Hey, i love ROTK as much as the next guy, but even us nerds have to admit that the LOTR is a pretty straight story. Good and evil are clearly defined and every role is predictable. Not only that, we have no true enemy. Why I'll always adore star wars over LOTR is because darth vadar was such a dynamic villian and had an actual arc. Unlike some mindless eye in the sky that gets 2 mins of screen time and 5 lines over a 9 hour movie. The only character who has to actually question his own motives is gollum. As far as I'm concerned he's the only interesting character in the book/movie.

This ended up way longer then i expected. puts on flame suit. at least it might open up some fun discussion on a boring sunday. Also, remember, I wholly admit that I'm a film snob."

No Caption Provided

Go forth and bring back the best, most outdated, most outrageous Dave Snider quotes you can.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

OMG Liquid. That is easily the funniest shit i've read all week. my OJ is all over my monitor currently. LOL - snide

dave snider

comicvine.com

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By kingzetta

May 8th 2002

a true gamer may play dungeon seige, but a true gamer would never like dungeon seige

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By EuanDewar

1. new moon... Oct 27, 2002, 10:36 snide "i always find it funny when they announce some new moon or planet in the solar system. you woulda figured they woulda had them all covered by now."

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

had my own bizarre moment last night when i broke up a fight between a bunch of guys dressed up as pirates and a crispin glover look-a-like. The dude actually brought a knife out instead of doing a get your damn hands off of her move. Funny enough he was fighting over his girlfriend who the pirates had been poking fun at. The funny part is that I wake up this morning and check my pants for leftover cash so i can buy a gatorade but what do i find instead? Marbles, thats right, marbles. The pirates had given them to me in a small tied off canvas sack and proclaimed it "bounty" to pay for my deeds.

LA is a fucking riot sometimes.

Hardcore Dave is great!

megasoum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By megasoum

Dave Snider, 23rd July 2003: "i really can't see a way that massively multiplayer games can work in the long run"

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

Battlefield 1942

Please don't flame.

Sep 23, 2002, 11:06

snide

This is just a personal opinion but I'm really not enjoying battlefield 1942. For three reasons: lag, weird control feel, and extremely poor weapons. It's definitely original I just think it's unpolished. Anyways, I've given it a couple days but I'm afraid it's going back to EB towards a UT2k3 predorder. I'll plop in Tribes 2 if I need some large terrain vehicle based team action.H ow's everyone else liking this game? Is it just me? That said I'm enjoying UT2k3 immensly. I know the two games aren't really comparable but I just thought I'd give it some praise. I could play that one bombing run map all day, such a fun game despite it being a rip of those old quake football mods.

dave snider

comicvine.com

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#8  Edited By citizenkane

This is going to be an amazing thread.

obinice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By obinice

"i really can't see a way that massively multiplayer games can work in the long run"

- Dave, a year before WoW is released

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=43076&id=101399&view=threads
Dylabaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Dylabaloo

He should spend some time on Screened. Also Lord of the Rings is awesome, Dave, I disagree!

Psycosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Psycosis

I'm one of those old skewl "hardcore" gamers myself. ~ Dave Snider 2002

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kingzetta

May 8th 2002

on Morrowind
man, i walked into this pub with these 5 dudes and....(insert varying experience of the same problem). then secondary is the comment about the graphics (which are just as unbelievable).

Morrowind is 100 times the game dungeon seige is. I havent seen many gripes other than that its a resource hog. To each his own I guess, but i wont lay off about DS because they labelled it an RPG. None of the characters in that game deserved names. I got bored after 2 hours, then quit playing another 15 in hopes that something other than the look would change.

Sinkwater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sinkwater
Re: Books and.. wth?Oct 24, 2002, 18:59snide
I can't stand Steinbeck, although I dig the way he writes I hate his themes. I also can't stand Hemingway. The only American "classic" authors I can handle are salinger, heller, and all the beatnick guys. Oh and Rand, whose writing is more American then any "native" American I can think of. Does Hunter S. Thompson count as well? hehe. Classic Lit I mostly dig the Russians (Tolstoy, Checkov and Dostoyevsky) and the Frogmen (Hugo and Dumas). Most Victorian era shit I can't stand aside from Henry James, who despite writing in the style is obviously not a Victorian writer, lol. The only contemporary authors I regularly read are Colleen McCullough (thorn birds) and Ken Follet, who should quit trying to make money and be clancy all the time and get back to his pillars of the earth (awesome awesome book) writing. Oh and nick hornby for light reading, just because High Fidelity is basically like reading my autobiography except for its character being in his 30s. From what I hear I'd really like Stephen King's stuff but I'm a bit of a completest when it comes to books so it'd be quite a committment to jump into.

As for the homogenious comment, I've thought the same thing but find it even funnier that I have zero friends with similar interests in real life. I wish I had more nerd friends like myself, I never got the oppurtunity as a kid to roll a 12 sided die! Damn football, rock music and girls, they ruined my ability to be a true nerd. Is there a nerd city we could all move to? I bet the economy would rock there and the sims wouldn't be the best selling game. The TV would have well financed sci-fi shows followed by Monte Python comedy. Too bad the male to female ratio in such a city would be worse than a military school. Blue, go found this mecca, you already have a blue tower, you could be the king. All hail Blue and his praise be his name. According to the media, we are all trained killers and could make quite an army.
RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RE_Player1

Dave on KOTOR:

"as for my harsh criticism of KOTOR, well, like i said I was comparing it to other bioware games. obviously it's still better than the final fantasy series."

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A true classic topic is born.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

@kingzetta said:

May 8th 2002

a true gamer may play dungeon seige, but a true gamer would never like dungeon seige

Avatar image for deathstriker666
deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By deathstriker666
@President_Barackbar said:

had my own bizarre moment last night when i broke up a fight between a bunch of guys dressed up as pirates and a crispin glover look-a-like. The dude actually brought a knife out instead of doing a get your damn hands off of her move. Funny enough he was fighting over his girlfriend who the pirates had been poking fun at. The funny part is that I wake up this morning and check my pants for leftover cash so i can buy a gatorade but what do i find instead? Marbles, thats right, marbles. The pirates had given them to me in a small tied off canvas sack and proclaimed it "bounty" to pay for my deeds.

Hardcore Dave is great!

Jimbo7676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jimbo7676

Politics Dave

Jul 18, 2002, 17:12

:

What does "forcing" a belief on you mean?

That someone uses physical means on another person in any way that isn't self defense, period. a government sets a law, a law is then enforced, by means of a gun or jail. I'm not saying every law is wrong, only those that restrain personal choice. Force can be initiated by an individual or a group as well.

What if you were a black man living in a town and all businesses (all privately owned) decided to not serve you because you were black?

I'd move into a town that did, you'd almost never see this because businesses rely on money, not race, to sustain and profit. Look at jewish, irish, asian, and italian communities of the early 20th century who were discriminated on and then joined together and thrived. They basically said fuck you if you don't want my money, I'll build something of my own thats better and did.

What about your rights to own land (life, liberty, and property) wherever you want?

thats my point. happiness is included as well. people have a right to live wherever they want. a government can't force an owner of one piece of land to sell specifically to another though, thats the choice of the person holding the property at present. you hardly ever see people refusing another persons money because of race.

Isn't that the business owners forcing their beliefs on you, but yet they're still on their own property?

They aren't forcing me to shop there. They aren't changing what i believe. No one put a gun to my head as opposed to the force i described above. The government on the other hand forces me into jail if i want to do cocaine or prostitute myself, or have a bar that even has a seperate room for smokers (welcome to cali). All these are things that effect no one but that person and their customers who freely choose to do so. If I don't want to eat while other people are smoking I'll go to a resturant that doesn't have that room. You seem to assume that every resturant owner likes smoke.

Does equality really not matter to you as long as you're the one not being oppressed?

Equality means EVERYONE is not oppressed. I want perfect equality, meaning that the government doesn't look at a man as disabled and pass specific laws for him, but looks at everyone as an equal man and provides them all with the same laws. The only way to do that is to provide supreme liberty through lassiez faire capitalism. Where everyone has an equal shot at doing their own thing successfully. Disabled people are not being oppressed by the government, by the public, or by me the taxpayer when no ramp exists on private property. They have a problem with a private business and should resolve that matter with them or not do business with them. The government should have no say in that. We shouldn't dish out our tax funds by order of need, but in order of individual ability. If we tried to account for every group we would have no money left to use on the services that ALL people use (roads, defense..etc)

MLK...he was trying to get the government to pass civil rights legislation!

You are right, on the public sector, which i totally agree with obviously. Thankfully he succeeded. If you are a taxpayer, despite your race, creed, whatever, you damn well better be treated exactly the same when you walk in a library or get on a bus which runs on your own tax funds. Thank you MLK for showing the meaning of the declaration of independence and constitution to the government, that equality is a right of a citizen within his public society. As for ghandi, the man walked to the sea and made salt because the government said no private individual could do so.

In fact, he was directly opposed to letting people decide who they want to serve based on ethnicity, public or private!

He never tried to push laws on the private sector. He did speak against such discrimination and thought it should be carried forth in any situation public or private, i agree, but thats just an opinion and i wouldn't push my practice on someone else even though I completely agree with him and practice it personally.

Well, one day I hope you're discriminated against (even on someone's private land) because only then will you understand (ok no I don't really hope you're discriminated against, and if you ever are you'll find out why).

I don't think there is one person or group on the earth that isn't discriminated from somewhere or something. An 18 year old that is able to vote and kill people in a foreign war for his country but is not old enough to drink(says who?) by the government is discriminated against and worse, such laws apply to everyone and not just the hick on the farm. Also, try walking around with long blue hair, or living in Japan for a year. Believe me, I've dealt with it, but I'm not gonna get the police on sue a person just because that person doesn't like me or who I am. Thats the whole point of being an individual, choice.

You seem to be thinking about some hick in Backwater, USA doing whatever he wants on his militia ranch because it'll never affect you.

2nd ammendment. And I of course oppose use of force, correct? Don't you think that would make any kind of violence illegal? If they want to sit and polish their guns fine, just don't use um on me or anyone else for any other use but self defense. If people want to be wackos, be wackos, just do it in your own backyard.

And I assure you that if people thought like me, we'd drink and play violent video games. I think like I do and I do these things, so obviously if everyone thought like I do, we'd still do these things.

Look at australia, look at germany. Censorship is alive and well. Both would walk with open arms into such disabled legislation. The fact is you can't just trade little bits of security for freedom. Imagine if senator lieberman has his way?

Believe it or not, there is actually area between the extremes of no government interference and total government control.

You are absolutely right, we live in it currently. I love this country and think it provides more freedom that anyplace else, thats why I live here. Then again, does that mean i shouldn't strive for an ideal, and try to push my country even farther towards pure freedom? Look at our president who proclaims "these terrorists are attacking us because of our freedom". Bullshit, they are attacking us because we have military bases in their lands and are suppressing others at our own cost. You don't sacrifice one person for anothers benifit, just like you don't sacrifice a business' profit over a disabled persons ramp. It's wrong in any way to force people to practice your beliefs, no matter how righteous they are. If the US treated its citizens like it does foreign countries, we would all revolt. Keeping the peace is all well and fine, but subjegating other people at the expense of peace is not.

In the end I find it funny how people group themselves into parties. look at our political system. two main parites. people join them not neccessarily because they agree with their party, but because they hate the other one. its so silly. there aren't two ways to live, there shouldn't be parties at all, just people. their shouldnt be disabled people, black people, asian people, mentally retarded people, republican people....just people man. Never comprimise freedom for anyone or anything.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea641329300b
deactivated-5ea641329300b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"man, what a crazy night. i could still be drunk but damned if the unreal tech stuff looks amazing. i hadn't seen some of those images farther down in the article. some impressive, impressive stuff. computers games are gonna make huge strides in the next two years."

AxleBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AxleBro

agreed ray. same deal with me. went under the handle of "darkstar" for years and then grew up and decided how loser it is to have such a silly handle. snide is actually just a truncation of my last name, snider, so all in all i keep it real. haha. as for the tony thing, didnt the imposter tony show up during the anon poster fiasco? 2002

he used to go by DARKSTAR online. confirmed.
walreese55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By walreese55

The grammar is so...bad. And Lost in Translation was really overrated. Everyone uses that movie to show Bill Murray's acting range but it's just him being Bill Murray, albeit a lot more cynical than usual

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By KarlPilkington

Amazing.

sorryawkward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By sorryawkward

dave on war and peace revealed:

awesome i always wanted to bone natasha, maybe i can now in the game. actually im one of the brave souls that actually read the book, its in my top 5 of all time for sure. don't see how you could base it off the book. would be cool if they did a warcraft 3 heroesque deal where the heros where characters from the book. but then again, there wasnt alot of war in the book. maybe its not a RTS and is really a ballroom dancing simulator. lol.

snide

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#24  Edited By BeachThunder

Remind me to check this thread in 10 years...

admachina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By admachina

speaking of back to the future.... Sep 21, 2002, 17:58 snide

I had my own bizarre moment last night when i broke up a fight between a bunch of guys dressed up as pirates and a crispin glover look-a-like. The dude actually brought a knife out instead of doing a get your damn hands off of her move. Funny enough he was fighting over his girlfriend who the pirates had been poking fun at. The funny part is that I wake up this morning and check my pants for leftover cash so i can buy a gatorade but what do i find instead? Marbles, thats right, marbles. The pirates had given them to me in a small tied off canvas sack and proclaimed it "bounty" to pay for my deeds.

dave snider

comicvine.com

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Feel bad for Dave

madlaughter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By madlaughter

"federal disability laws are completely against the founding principals of america."

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kingzetta
Anarchy Online Patch Woes
3. Re: No subject Aug 24, 2001, 20:15snide

this game is getting a bad wrap. im having a blast with it. yes it does crash alot, yes it has its problems, but so does EVERY mmorpg in the first months. it really is alot of fun.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Doctorchimp

Community service is just forced slave labor. 

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Doctorchimp
@kingzetta said:
May 8th 2002   on Morrowindman, i walked into this pub with these 5 dudes and....(insert varying experience of the same problem). then secondary is the comment about the graphics (which are just as unbelievable).Morrowind is 100 times the game dungeon seige is. I havent seen many gripes other than that its a resource hog. To each his own I guess, but i wont lay off about DS because they labelled it an RPG. None of the characters in that game deserved names. I got bored after 2 hours, then quit playing another 15 in hopes that something other than the look would change.
Fucking A right.

Goddamn I love Dave even more now.
kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kingzetta
Out of the Blue
19. hehe Aug 24, 2001, 14:13 snide

yep...those were the days. on my screaming pentium 90 machine with 8 megs of ram playing on a 28.8 modem against 15 other nerds in non-3d-accelerated quake. that game changed the way i look at computer games. i loved doom as much as anyone, but you have to all admit to a rush when you played against so many people over the net, it was nuts. and then when glquake came out, holy shit. everyone needed a monster card. those were the days. looking back, can anyone explain how the hell 3dfx lost its grip on the market? guess the nvidia guys were just a little smarter. snide

patbaer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By patbaer

Dave on Fallout 3, 12/19/03

"honestly id rather have no new fallout game then some pos rushed rpg nothing like the original. i hope they don't pull an xcom apocolypse with this one."

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Doctorchimp

god loves a terrier
yes he does
god loves a terrier
just because

god didnt miss a stich
be it dog or be in bitch,
yes goooood loves a terrier.

hehe.

snide
rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator
I TRIED TO CATCH THE ERA
I TRIED TO CATCH THE ERA
Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Doctorchimp

i know im really hung over but.... Aug 24, 2001, 14:05snide

man, what a crazy night. i could still be drunk but damned if the unreal tech stuff looks amazing. i hadn't seen some of those images farther down in the article. some impressive, impressive stuff. computers games are gonna make huge strides in the next two years.

snide
kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kingzetta
Half-Life 2 in 2002?
27. Re: Uh... Aug 23, 2001, 14:30snide

yeah i have read some of the gamasutra stuff, really interesting reads, and the biggest thing i've learned from them is that 75% of the time the game loses focus because the documentation and goals were not set up properly in pre-production. that everything got off on a tangent and people spent too much time working on small things that were too hard to implement instead of working on the core goals. i think thats where vision can hamper a project. you spend a month trying to get a character to use a vehicle, when the vehicle is only one level of the game...etc. speaking of broken games, am i an idiot for playing anarchy online? I have NEVER seen a game this bug ridden before (as ive typed this, the autopatcher has crashed 5 times) but at the same time ive NEVER seen a game with this many options for gameplay. i know the reviews on this baby are pretty bad, but you should give it a try if you are remotely interested in MMORPGS.

dave
Bigbombomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#37  Edited By Bigbombomb

This is so great.  

Half-Life 2 in 2002?

in response, has anyone thought that maybe some of developers are just lazy? i mean no offense, i really respect most of the companies and devs out there doing work, but come on, these guys aren't so far removed from us, and truth be told, the gaming community is populated with a large number of slackers. Im not saying this of valve, im fully confident that the guys that came out of no where with a "great" (not the best ever, but great) game will have a fairly decent product in half life 2. I'm just trying to make some sort of reasoning for the 4 year dev times of games today. I know its been said before, but look at ion storm. There is no way to explain the length of time spent on those games, espiecially in contrast to a dev house like raven. Both companies were familiar with the engines, had worked before on prior products, but raven ships games out ON TIME (most of the time only one years dev time), and ion let their games slip. Maybe its not so much laziness as it is vision. The gaming community is also filled with lots of dreamers, and im sure thats true in the dev community as well. I think alot of these companies could manage themselves alot better if they all had a bit more focus with solid business plans. I know that sounds boring, but I bet they'd ship there games on time that way. 2 cents from someone who admittedly has never been under the pressure of trying to produce a videogame with all eyes on him. but works work, and if i slipped on my deadlines, id lose lots of clients.

dave 

Edit: Crazy formatting!

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator
Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By kingzetta
Out of the Blue
22. Re: paypal Sep 20, 2002, 17:49snide

I agree with you guys. No doubt that a steady revenue can not be made from paypal alone and the bulk of any site's money is going to come from sponsorship. Still, any money that can be made in any way is a good thing in my book, especially a paypal link that receives 100% capital. It's realitively easy to set up so I don't see how it could hurt. You're probably right about how much money it would bring in as it would probably be only an initial burst at the beginning. However, I still don't see how blue loses any money or visitors from such an option. The whole purpose of this is not to change blue's way of business but for his visitor's to hand the guy some cash if they feel they want to.
ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ThePickle
kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By kingzetta
OMG... Oct 1, 2002, 13:04snide

I could see companies buying games to put on their cell phones. Kinda cool, but with the limited battery life on most phones it would be a resource hog. Then again, why not just buy a gameboy.

I actually don't find Romero as hateable as everyone else. He's one of the most accessible industry types out there, and even replied to a few emails I wrote him during the whole Daikatana mess. I still think that game was ambitious as hell, just executed horribly.

Flame on.
sorryawkward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By sorryawkward
24.IdealismAug 22, 2002, 20:52snide
tAE-

in response as a 22 year old i've made my idealism a form of anarchal capitalism (aka a strict libertarian). therefor i can still hold onto my ideals and make money at the same time.

for those not knowing, this is usually called right anarchism while sex pistols style crazyness is considered left anarchism. id put a really big rant explaining the two, but im guessing no one cares.
dave snider
comicvine.com
kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By kingzetta
Y-Project Dead
5. Re: another one down Oct 1, 2002, 14:19snide

I hate pirating more than anything but I fail to see the draw between pirating, single player games, and originality. I can see how pirating would have a general effect on the industry, but why this specific game? Care to clarify?
ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ThePickle

Big ups to @mracoon for digging up this little gem. Old posts from Planetfortress by Dave "Darkstar" Snider

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By kingzetta
Consolidation
3. Re: Getting outta hand Jul 25, 2003, 15:43snide

I hope EA falls apart. I still prefer the sega franchises to thiers and i really really hate the picking on the xbox deal.
jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#47  Edited By jorbear

I just made this thread my home page.

So excited.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#48  Edited By mikemcn

This is all greatness! I feel inspired to change the world, Or at least create something using HTML5.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ThePickle

"only in india would they wait 30 days for a cow to shit out some diamonds. that article says that some of the diamonds won't ever be recovered. dude, just open the fucker up.

also, how the hell does 1,722 diamonds only amount to a value of 1000 US dollars? that doesn't make any sense. either that or i need to become a gem dealer and move to india.

i like how the crowds cheer the guy on when the cow takes a plop in the street. that's some holy shit...yuck yuck yuck."

"Jet is a GREAT band. I can't stand the strokes or the white stripes but Jet has that AC/DC feel without all the pomp of todays garage bands. hooray for itunes.

nin i wasn't criticizing, coldplay and REM (at least early REM) are great bands, I'm just used to seeing someone new to check out, haha."

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By James_ex_machina

Interesting points of LOTR. I love the movies but I don't feel compelled to watch it over and over. Maybe it's because there is a lack of a true evil character like Darth Vader. I tend to like the indie films more than typical blockbusters. My gf has never seen Star Wars but has watched LOTRs and the featurettes so many times she can quote the whole series. I might have to get her to sit through Star Wars and get her take on the lack of a true evil guy in her fav movie....