David Hayter responds about possibly appearing on MGScalon !

• 53 results
Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In a Reddit AMA MGS was brought up, and this is his response.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2lvggo/i_am_david_hayter_vo_actor_writer_xmen_1_and_2/clyizd2

He seems like he might actually be willing to do this. Any chance we could get Dan/Drew in contact and make this happen for the greatest season finale of all time ?

Also, sorry if this topic already exists, but I didn't find anything about this.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Voxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to think Dan would bring all of his Metal Gear stuff for David Hayter to sign.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Brendan

Isn't Metal Gear Solid 2 the worst game to do this? I mean, this is still a godly idea I just wish they were playing through 3 or something.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Holy shit that would be awesome.

Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Joshakazam

@brendan said:

Isn't Metal Gear Solid 2 the worst game to do this? I mean, this is still a godly idea I just wish they were playing through 3 or something.

Is it too hopeful to imagine finishing MGS4 with it ?

Not 5, for, unfortunate reasons.

rcath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH This will never happen!!

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Holy shit! Is it weird that I read all his responses with the Snake voice?

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

METAL

GEAR?!

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might literally crap myself if this happens.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Still waiting for Ice-T to get back to Ryan about being on the Bombcast. It's a shame that never happened. Hopefully Hayter will show up.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Holy shit, yes.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I actually have a childlike glee thinking about this happening. Seriously hope they're able to arrange something.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he has to read all the codec convos outloud tho

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By mike

I hate to be the realist in the group but that sounded like an awfully dismissive reply from Hayter. "They would need to contact me via Twitter" sounds pretty close to "Thanks but no."

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rcath said:

Ryan and Ice-T were in contact at one point about a Bombcast guest appearance. Buckner and Garcia wrote a song about Giant Bomb. Getting a voice actor to be a guest on a show about his most famous role is far less unlikely than either of those two things.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Turambar
@mb said:

I hate to be the realist in the group but that sounded like an awfully dismissive reply from Hayter. "They would need to contact me via Twitter" sounds pretty close to "Thanks but no."

If he was under the impression that this was just another video series of two guys playing MGS games, that response would be understandable. If he knew what giantbomb was (a website that got Shu Yoshida to show up for an hour), he perhaps would be more willing.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this happens I just want him to keep saying "A HIND D!?" over and over for like 10 minutes straight.

But yeah on a more serious note let me be the pessimistic of the bunch and say that I'm keeping my expectations very very very low on this, it's pretty much like the whole ice t thing, even though I couldn't give 2 fucks about ice-t it was clear that Ryan was really into the idea, yet it never happened.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NTM

I have a question, as I can't watch them: how does Drew like them so far?

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turambar said:
@mb said:

If he was under the impression that this was just another video series of two guys playing MGS games, that response would be understandable. If he knew what giantbomb was (a website that got Shu Yoshida to show up for an hour), he perhaps would be more willing.

Or he could just as Nolan North what's up

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Just the idea of that happening alone is pretty great by itself. I'm not gonna hold my breath but it would be pretty hilarious.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

@ntm: He's really enjoying them and I'm really enjoying watching him die over and over to every boss (except he beat the first boss of MGS2 in one try). He seems to appreciate the insanity of it all, as well.

It's the best content on the site as of now and it may be my favorite long-running content that Giant Bomb has ever produced.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rcath said:

Ryan and Ice-T were in contact at one point about a Bombcast guest appearance. Buckner and Garcia wrote a song about Giant Bomb. Getting a voice actor to be a guest on a show about his most famous role is far less unlikely than either of those two things.

@korwin said:

@turambar said:
@mb said:

Or he could just as Nolan North what's up

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Well, it could still happen...

Phili151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope (if it happens) that it will just be Dan, Drew and David Hayter sitting and saying Metal Gear???? having a big Metal Gear off and it'll be ace.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TruthTellah

I have a sneaking suspicion...

No Caption Provided

Hayter will say he's coming and then Kiefer Sutherland shows up.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the forum title needs to be tapered back a bit. Make it "Hayter does not outright deny possibility of appearing on GB. Needs to be told what GB is."

Still think it would be cool though, if unlikely. If he does appear, the only way this will end is Kojima being in every episode of MGS4. That's how the logic of the situation dictates.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ThunderSlash

Well Dan does have a knack for getting random celebrities to hang out with him.

Loading Video...

mechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

Dan got Riff Raff to show up and play games. I think he can bag David Hayter

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Zleunamme

David Hayter is a nice and rather patient man. I had to chance to meet him at the Alamo City Comic Con last month. During the Q&A panel. The idea of him playing the games was tossed around. He did say no to a Kickstarter suggestion to record audio to replace all Kiefer Sutherland's dialogue. If Dan and Drew can get him to make a guest appearance, that would be totally awesome.

No Caption Provided

shooby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't tell if I'm dizzy and delusional from all that quality MGScanlon content, but I can totally see this happening. It will be the finest moment in GB history.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turambar said:

@mb said:

Yeah, I think he could be made to pretty quickly understand that Giant Bomb is a reasonably well known video game website. They aren't just some random Youtube channel.

But to be the second realist in the group, the logistical concerns seem like the bigger issue. Is Hayter based anywhere near SF? And how do you incorporate him into the feature in a way that isn't super forced, given how lo-fi the setup is for recording Metal Gear Scanlon? This isn't the same as Swery or Nolan North where they could kind of justify a couch interview, but having him sit in on two dudes playing a game that he just met, and also they have to avoid talking about where they go with the character in MGS4, would be kind of weird.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What they should really be geting Hayter in the office for is to recreate Dan's GameInformer commercial.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

So this would probably be the best event of the year.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#37  Edited By dagas

That guy showed up on a youtube video with some girl who was doing video game related videos (forgot her name, she have not been doing them for years) a few years ago when he was still Solid Snake and she was less known than giant bomb so I see no reason why it cannot happen. She also got female Shepard Jennifer Hale.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CBS needs to pull some strings on this ASAP.

Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the forum title needs to be tapered back a bit. Make it "Hayter does not outright deny possibility of appearing on GB. Needs to be told what GB is."

Still think it would be cool though, if unlikely. If he does appear, the only way this will end is Kojima being in every episode of MGS4. That's how the logic of the situation dictates.

That's pretty much what it was before the 60 character limit attacked.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't unprecedented, they had Nolan North on and talked about the Northies (Northy?). Maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up, but man this would really be something special for that series.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: I would assume a postmortem interview after MGS4. I'm sure Dan has tons of shit he could talk about, and I bet Drew would have some really great techy insight questions for the man. That'd also give them plenty of time to set the whole thing up.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@hatking said:

This isn't unprecedented, they had Nolan North on and talked about the Northies (Northy?). Maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up, but man this would really be something special for that series.

Nolan North only shown up to advertise his book detailing Uncharted 3's development. They talked and all that sure, but if it weren't for the book he wouldn't have shown up. He went on Gamespot in order to promote his book around the same time as well.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

20 minutes into the interview Quinton Flynn arrives.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we should all know by experience that Dan can do anything if he wants to.

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#45  Edited By XenoNick

This would be beyond incredible.

@shindig said:

HA!

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

@shindig said:

Then for the next interview David Hayter is wearing an eyepatch.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Snail

@turambar said:
@mb said:

They what.

EDIT: Oh at last E3... I had forgotten about that. For a while I thought you might have meant the Bombcast.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By Corevi
@snail said:

@turambar said:

They what.

47:59 for Shu

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: I don't know, maybe it's just me but I don't think it's weird or out of the realm of possibility for a popular video game voice actor to be on a relatively big video game website.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@dagas said:

That guy showed up on a youtube video with some girl who was doing video game related videos (forgot her name, she have not been doing them for years) a few years ago when he was still Solid Snake and she was less known than giant bomb so I see no reason why it cannot happen. She also got female Shepard Jennifer Hale.

I remember her. Found the vid.

Loading Video...