#1 Posted by Sebas117 (15 posts) -

So which game is better or more enjoyable and can you guys list the pro's and con's of each.

#2 Posted by DragonNinja789 (355 posts) -

I havent played Dead Island yet, but it looks like a ton of fun. I'm told its mad buggy and has glitches out the ass but my friends seem to like it, considering the co-op is so fun.

As for Deus Ex Human Revolution...I am loving the hell out of it, but then again I'm a sucker for scifi and espionage games. Plus they just announced DLC for next month.

The best thing to do is to try both of em out first or see a couple of Reviews and then decide. Good luck and remember to have fun : )

#3 Posted by Mikemcn (6997 posts) -

Deus Ex first, eventually get Dead Island.

#4 Posted by Metal_Mills (3012 posts) -

Deus Ex is amazing. Buy Dead Island later when the bugs have been ironed out.

#5 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Wait for Dead Island patch, wait for Deus Ex DLC. Go play Rock of Ages.

#6 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Having only played Dead Island, I'd say that. The bugs are either being exaggerated or I'm really lucky.

#7 Posted by Demodocus (237 posts) -

Deus Ex all the way! Im loving it so far!

#8 Posted by Sebas117 (15 posts) -

Thinking about getting both, but its gonna hurt my wallet.

#9 Posted by Th3_James (2579 posts) -

Both. Let your wallet weep.

#10 Posted by Malphye (413 posts) -

@Th3_James said:

Both. Let your wallet weep.

I should know better but I got them both today. What the hell eh!

#11 Posted by Sebas117 (15 posts) -

I could swap any of the two for LA Noire what do you guys recommend?

#12 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Wait on some kind of GOTY edition for LA Noire.

#13 Posted by nick_verissimo (1390 posts) -

Save your money and get RAGE!!! I don't know why, but I'm extremely excited for that game.

#14 Posted by Brians (1464 posts) -

Nah LA Noire is just ok, Older release you should get Witcher 2

#15 Posted by project343 (2833 posts) -

Ugh. Both! I love them both so much.

Dead Island is all that I could want from the concepts originally brought-forth by Dead Rising. And the co-op is fantastic. Human Revolution is a magical sex-baby of some of my favourite things: MGS3/4, Mass Effect, Blade Runner.

I'm going to say Dead Island for pure "fun." And Human Revolution for "story/experience." What are you in the mood for?

#16 Posted by Sebas117 (15 posts) -

Oh god, originally I was in the mood for just pure fun but now I really want them both so its killing me uh, just gonna let my wallet weep.

#17 Posted by Skald (4369 posts) -

Deus Ex. Because it isn't shitty.

#18 Posted by KarlPilkington (2759 posts) -

I'm going to have to say Dead Island, I didn't enjoy Deus Ex.

#19 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11306 posts) -

It depends on if you want a stealth and story focused RPG, or if you want a melee combat and co-op focused RPG. 

#20 Posted by Branthog (5583 posts) -

If you want an enjoyable game, get Deus Ex. If you want another L4D FPS with a little RPG thrown in that is buggy as fuck, get Dead Island. However, my personal plan would be to get Deus Ex now and if Dead Island is ever patched up to the point where it's more tolerable, buy that (but at this point, I suspect I'd feel ripped off if I spent more than $30 on it).

Frankly, if it didn't have zombies in it, people would be much harsher on its shortcomings.

#21 Posted by Akeldama (4253 posts) -

@Sebas117 said:

Thinking about getting both, but its gonna hurt my wallet.

Do it anyway. Also, I hear Warhammer is quite good.

#22 Posted by lazyturtle (1229 posts) -
@Akeldama: It is, though it doesn't have much in the way of story. Its pretty fun to kill hordes of things with a chainsword though... 

To the OP...thanks for the thread. I'm in the same boat, and I think I'm likely to get Human Revolution now and wait for a really nice sale on Dead Island.
#23 Posted by grundel (22 posts) -

I have them both. Granted I have not been able to play Dead Island as much as Deus Ex, but from the 10 or so hours I have put into Dead Island I can already tell you that Deus Ex is going to be a far more enjoyable experience for me. It's hard to compare the two because they different in terms of play style, so it is unfair to compare them in those regards. Honestly, I am pretty disappointed in Dead Island. I was expecting more. It delivers most of what it promised but it is pretty buggy, it also gets repetitive far too quickly. Dead Island is by no means a bad game, but I really feel like it is not worth 60 dollars. If  I had tried it before buying I would have waited to grab it when it  drops to around 20 dollars.  

#24 Posted by Gabriel (4067 posts) -

Deus Ex is fun, just don't think going in your gonna get some amazing story out of it. If you like MGS minus the craziness and strict stealth gameplay and well Deus Ex you'll like Human Revolution.

#25 Posted by Patman99 (1611 posts) -

Deus Ex, if you are a loner but if you have a few friends then I suggest Dead Island. Both a really fun, just a matter of gameplay taste.

#26 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -

@Branthog said:

If you want an enjoyable game, get Deus Ex. If you want another L4D FPS with a little RPG thrown in that is buggy as fuck, get Dead Island. However, my personal plan would be to get Deus Ex now and if Dead Island is ever patched up to the point where it's more tolerable, buy that (but at this point, I suspect I'd feel ripped off if I spent more than $30 on it).

Frankly, if it didn't have zombies in it, people would be much harsher on its shortcomings.

You sir dont know jack shit if you dont own the game. Dead island has been patched since the bugs were from the pc release only which was patched that morning to the right version. 18 hours in and have yet to find 1 bug. Also it is not like L4D except for the 4 person co-op and the fact there are zombies. Dont bash on a game you have yet to try. Also get both as they are Both atm very fun. Dont let the people who have yet to even play the game tell you otherwise but dead island is fun as hell. Deus ex is fun but i enjoy it more for the story and experience while dead island is more of a fun game since the story is spread Very very thin till the end of the game.

#27 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Deus Ex: Human Revolution, although, as you can tell, i may be a little biased.

#28 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

Deus Ex is absoultely fantastic. i really enjoyed the story and characters alot. the gameplay is pretty good. tons of stuff to explore and do, plus the gameworld is just so interesting and refreshing.

i was thinking about picking up dead island myself. but it seems really buggy, and apparently theres barely a story (big turn off for me), and none of the characters you can play as seem even remotely likable.